PDA

View Full Version : For Anyone who used to or does follow pro wrestling

The Ren
11-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Taken from MSN.com:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later. In May 2004, UPN aired the special "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.

ProjectWidow
11-13-2005, 09:51 PM
yeh I heard about that on another forum. Sad to hear but thats what drugs will do to ya...

HyPer50
11-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Damn, another wrestler dying.... Why do all these guys die so fucking much? I mean shit, it can't just be the beatings there bodies take, cause football players take just as much... Guess it's the drugs alot of them get hooked on.

The Ren
11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I worry alot cause Scott is training to do this stuff... and it scares the crap out of me.. One main reason Scott went straight edge was Eddie...these guys go through hell...its just sad to see a good one go.. he left his wife and three kids behind...

thinkfast®
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
yea this is messed up, I was just kickin it with him last month when WWE came to Atlanta...

I got to know him over the last year or so, dude was cool as hell, I was introduced to him since he used our (lowrider club) cars whenever he would come out, we always got front row/backstage passes.. His dad and my grandfather were old friend in Mexico, my grandfather actually wrestled for years back in the 60's and through the 80's.. (El Mongol) Guererro had a problem with drinking/pills but he had been clean for a few years now. Hate to see him pass, this was one of the good guys left in WWE.. :(

Julio
11-13-2005, 10:23 PM
damn.. No more lowriders rolling through the arenas..... I was never a fan of him.. i thought he sucked. But sucks that he passed..

thinkfast®
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM
yea, there goes our passes :rant:

neontuner95
11-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah sad case, eddie and rey mysterio and benoit are some of my favorite wrestlers.

R.I.P homie!

HalfBaked
11-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Damn that sucks.

I was always a fan of Chavo for some reason...he sucked too tho.

I'll miss the Eddie's frog splash...

Tbird_guy
11-14-2005, 01:24 AM
damn man, that sucks hardcore. I loved watching him wrestle, he was a good one to watch.

The Ren
11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Raw and Smackdown this week will both be tribute shows so I will definatly be watching both of those.. The news has even hit ESPN.com.... obviously Eddie was a very big name..

HalfBaked
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
I just broke to news to Jay.

He cried and instantely went into denile.

thinkfast®
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Just heard from my friend who was getting his '64 shipped up to Minnesota for Eddies entrance..

they had his car and then told him Eddie wouldn't be performing yesterday because of a sprained wrist. from what he was told by the rep at WWE, sounds like he died from a heart attack..

soxfan30
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'm the one who broke the news to Karen when I found it on the computer. It's such a shame to see someone who overcame tremendous odds and cleaned himself up pass on like this at such a young age. I feel for his family, friends, and co-workers. RIP Eddie.

rep01civic
11-14-2005, 11:16 AM
yea i heard about this last night, i always go when they come to atlanta but hey thats what drugs will do to you

1439/2000
11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
That sucks. LWO 4 LyF3.

B16a2 Civic
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM
man, that sucks fareal....

tony
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
damn and he was so young, I remember the tribute they did when Owen Hart died.. pretty touching. R.I.P

IanHavok
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Oh shit, that sucks. He was one of the more talented wrestlers.

blurred visions
11-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Damn, another wrestler dying.... Why do all these guys die so fucking much? I mean shit, it can't just be the beatings there bodies take, cause football players take just as much... Guess it's the drugs alot of them get hooked on.

I found this on the web, it might answer your question...

When I started wrestling I had never seen or heard of Vicodin or Percocet or Soma. How come so many wrestlers die from these medications and football players and hockey players don't? The answer is simple - wrestlers, especially WWE wrestlers, work five days a week all year long taking bump after bump in the ring. A doctor explained it to me like this: Every time you take a fall in the ring it's like getting rear-ended by a car going 20 mph, so how many bumps in the ring a night do you take? Multiply that by how many times a week you work all year long. That's a hell of a lot of whiplash and pain.

smiley723
11-14-2005, 10:27 PM
all I can say is that tonight's episode was hard to watch!! just seeing the beginning of the show had me in tears!! RIP

soxfan30
11-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately, I only caught the first hour of Raw tonight, so I missed some of the more emotional speeches and such. I'll have to tape Smackdown Friday as I won't be around for that either.

smiley723
11-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately, I only caught the first hour of Raw tonight, so I missed some of the more emotional speeches and such. I'll have to tape Smackdown Friday as I won't be around for that either.

The worst one was Chris Benoit. I missed some of the dedications though because my cable is being a huge pain in the a$$!! It would just cut out in the middle of the show. I am curious to see what happens on Friday too. Tonight was hard enough.

blurred visions
11-15-2005, 12:28 AM
^benoit was hard to watch. The best part of the show was when cena took off the Eddie shirt he was wearing and put it in the middle of the ring and then laidthe title belt across it.

smiley723
11-15-2005, 12:49 AM
^benoit was hard to watch. The best part of the show was when cena took off the Eddie shirt he was wearing and put it in the middle of the ring and then laidthe title belt across it.

That was awesome!! It is so amazing the impact he had on everyone's life. I was telling my BF tonight how wierd it will be from now on to not see him drive up in a different car each week. I always look forward to that.

HyPer50
11-15-2005, 12:50 AM
I only happened to catch the first 15 minutes of it, then switched to MNF, but it seemed pretty sad at the intro... and of course they had to play Hurt by Johnny Cash.... I haven't watched wrestling in a looooooong time, but I saw Benoit was pretty broken up, and so was Chavo and the giant.

thinkfast®
11-15-2005, 01:00 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/1569484

they have an entire section devoted to Eddie and tonight's show,
check http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/

blurred visions
11-15-2005, 01:13 AM
^yea if you click on the "Eddie Remembered" section, you can watch the video of Cena laying the belt down. Always sad to see a wrestler die..

B16a2 Civic
11-15-2005, 09:09 AM
yeah...that sucked...big show has big tears

thinkfast®
11-15-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah...that sucked...big show has big tears
they were like gigantice pear shaped tears.. wow

Tbird_guy
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
I agree about the cena thing, that was a great show of appreciation and respect, I have a great deal more respect for cena now than I did.

B16a2 Civic
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree about the cena thing, that was a great show of appreciation and respect, I have a great deal more respect for cena now than I did.

sounds like you was a Cena hater...maybe cuz you cant see him?