PDA

View Full Version : Punctured Floorboard with Jack

Matthewga
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Go ahead and laugh, it's 100% my dumb self doing a rush job and not really knowing what I was doing. I was jacking up my 2003 Civic and I put the jack in the wrong spot and it resulted in a nice puncture in the floor board. There's a bulge under the clutch, the carpet is intact, but the floorboard itself (under the car) definitely has a hole in it.

So my understanding is that I need to have someone weld a small piece of sheet metal where I screwed it up and then spray/apply some sort of undercarriage rubber? I don't expect that I need to replace the entire floor.

Do I need to be very concerned about it for the next few weeks until we get it fixed? I imagine it could be an issue if it rains. Think I could just duct-tape it up for now to keep moisture out?

Tips, advice, and references to good+cheap metal workers/mechanics/welders in Cherokee would be awesome. And if I'm way-off on the sheet-metal patch please set me straight.

JessAlba452
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
That really sucks! I am sure someone would be able to weld in a small piece of metal in place of the hole. :) Best of luck!

94_teg_ls
09-20-2010, 09:21 PM
damn if you where closer but yes as stated above easy fix