PDA

View Full Version : Helping a brother

mcampbell26
09-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Alright guys, this is not your usual posting, but I am hoping to appeal to everyone’s sense of generosity and kindness because I know everyone has at least a small bit in them. My younger brother is a hard worker. Back in 2008 I purchased an 89 coupe for him and paid for the paint job and mechanical work to get it in running condition. Within a year the head gasket blew and the piston rings were found to be a fault for low compression. We had originally decided to attempt to change these out but decided against it because his plans were to do a KA24DE swap with an engine I found for him for free in unknown condition. Sadly, to add to this issue, the rear window was broken by a limb falling from a tree in his driveway during a bad storm about a year ago. He was working two jobs until his health and welfare became an issue that he had to quit one of them. Recently two of his roommates moved out of his house leaving only him to find a way to get the bills paid.
I’m not trying to work up a sob story by any means, and I know everyone’s luck is in the pits at one point or another. He is a good guy; he even ended up paying me back for the investment I made for the car even after it was not roadable. I would drop the money for the issues his car needs to be repaired but I am a father with three step kids and one of my own and another on the way, I just don't have the funds but if I did, I would drop it in a heartbeat. There are two things I would like to ask of you all. 1) He has decided to list his 94 Dodge Dakota for sale to attempt to get some money to repair the car (being that once the car is running it would be far more efficient than the truck) here is a link to it: http://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/1958573624.html. I took the pictures and uploaded it since he didn’t have the means to at the time. If at all possible, please pass this to anyone interested. The price is negotiable and he realizes that his asking price probably won’t be a take home dollar amount when the sale succeeds so let all your friends know that if they are interested. 2) Because the back window was busted and only a tarp is being used to cover it….the interior is in need of being replaced, thankfully, the entire back seat and back carpet was not in the vehicle. If any of you has any spare parts that have not sold, no matter how big or small, it would be a great help. I am almost to the point of taking leave from work too if I can find a few people that are willing to commit some time to giving my brother and I some help in getting the car into running condition. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. If you have any questions please don't hesitate emailing me at [email protected].

Thanks for looking guys.