PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 liter hemi

Schugg
09-17-2010, 04:49 PM
got some questions, my buddies jeep had the engine light on so he took it and got it worked on, they said they fixed it but the light was still on. then the other day he drove here and it wouldnt start, figured it was the battery so we jumped it and it worked. got to the gas station it did it again, but he noticed coolant leaking. i looked and the small right hose going into the fire wall/heater core was completely off. he had little coolant left if any. trying to figure out what could have cause this hose to come off, if the shop left it, or if maybe the thermostat locked up and caused enough pressure to blow it off. but we got it back on and coolant in it, tried to start and it wouldnt, wouldnt jump either, the one time it got close the engine or something was clunking pretty bad! checked the oil and seen no water droplets, not sure what else to check, or maybe if there is a safety the prevent it from starting after its been over heated. anything i need to reset or check? now when we try to start it sometimes it will attempt but then goes to a loud clicking from something but the back driver side of the engine bay. not to familiar with anything other than honda/acura, so not sure what to do. could the water pump got to hot and locked up and is preventing it from turning over? just want to check all the easy stuff before i start even thinking its a major motor problem

Tech5
12-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Sounds to me that it had a over heating issue and blew that house off or someone took it off. It over heated and now it's knocking meaning needs an engine sorry dude

Schugg
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
he had the dealer tow it back to their shop and i guess it was previously having ECU problems and some other problems that they "fixed" a week or two before, so they ended up replacing the engine under warranty. i was pretty surprised they did that