PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1986 300zx

Malacath
09-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Selling my 1986 300zx 5 speed 2 seater
Price: 600$ GET THIS OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY!!!! need cash for car payment take it now!!!!! clean title in hand
Mileage: 187xxx

First off this car doesn’t run!!!...it cranks and idles fine and stays alive, but there is tapping, few weeks ago I started the car on a hill and it was low on oil and a rod started knocking needs a simple bearing, but at the time I was going to sell it anyways so I’m kinda just cutting my losses. The exterior is almost flawless, paint is awesome for the age, but the bumper is cracking and I hit a deer and it only cracked the light bezel, so had to replace the driver’s side, so the paint is a little off and a dog chased a cat up my driver's side door the second week i owend it, but it isnt to bad u cant even see it,only up close. The interior doesn’t get more perfect, few problems though the seats no longer work and the passenger side window rolls up and down but buy pulling it, the motor turns on but I believe the windows off track, it goes up half way then stops never fixed it cause it still worked with some manual effort, other than that everything works. It’s all stock except for of course a intake and it has a flowmaster sounded pretty good, as far as ac goes, it doesn’t have one, I have a remaned ac for it but when i got it back they didn’t give me the bracket back to mount it so you will just need that for ac, Also the lights are no longer bricks they are now able to change just the bulbs (don’t know the technical term lol). In the time ive owned it i had to replace the brake booster and the distributor, i never got to the small power steering leak, I put a bottle in about every month so wasn’t a big deal, all I can say is that the car did me wonders, pulled hard, easily burned out at every light :D. But it needs a better home and someone that’s willing to fix it.

Call or txt 678 266 2388
please leave a message if i dont pick up.
I have over 60 pics, like to show EVERYTHING!
http://s778.photobucket.com/home/Mallacath/index
234109 (http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/Mallacath/300zx/IMAG0378.jpg)

Malacath
09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
bump

Malacath
09-23-2010, 01:10 AM
bump

juan08079
09-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Do you still have this I'm kinda of interested in this.pm me if you

sirkus
09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Is the geo in the background a GSi? :)

GLWS man..

Srt
10-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah that thing is a GSi and I believe he is selling it as well, 134k miles, near perfect interior, auto, good mpg and such. Just needs paint and some minor TLC. But the fuel pump went out a while ago and he got the Z so he never fixed it. interested? ;)

Both cars have the titles in hand, clean and clear!

Anyways, bump: I diagnosed it with a bore scope and there is something small between the cylinder head and the block creating the noise. Therfore the buyer can remove the head and take it out and most likely have a perfectly running Z.

This most likely occurred because we had changed the spark plugs like 20 minutes before this happened, plugged in the ignition wires, and started the car - bringing this noise. We thought that the oil was the issue because my driveway is a giant hill.

Originally when the ticking started he immediately turned off the car and has not been started since, (i can proove that we towed the car home) therefore no damage SHOULD have been caused to the cylinder walls. Me and him work a lot and we don't have much time to remove the head and work on it.

The Z is pretty damn clean for it's age - and would be an awesome platform for someone who wants to RB swap or just fix the motor in it. It pulled hard when it was alive!

Sunkenkarma
10-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Wow, Really Clean Z31, It looks to be in great shape, Im going to PM you about this, might make a great RB swapped car >.>.

Malacath
10-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Bump take this off my hands got to pay for my next car!!

Malacath
10-02-2010, 02:55 PM
bump

gsrcivic
10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
pm me ASAP im interested