PDA

View Full Version : Youngmill. Not Satisfied.

DeeAOne
09-11-2010, 03:58 AM
on the week of the 17th of august i purchased a set of tires from him. thread here.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?297587-16-quot-Kumho-Tires-95-thread-205-50-16r&highlight=

before i even drove up there i talked to him on the phone and asked how the tires were. he says they were fine except for some marks on the sidewall of one of the tires from scrubbing the fender. that was fine with me, no problem.

i agreed to drive to gwinnett after i got off work on wednesday, aug 18th to pick the tires up from him. we meet up at a BP, and my buddy and i looked at the tires, and they looked ok. i pay him his full asking price for the tires, $200. transaction only lasted a few minutes and went relatively well.

now i get home and wake up early to get the tires mounted on some brand new rims. the shop mounts and balances them and everything is good. i leave the shop, and not even 3 miles down the road, one of the tires are flat. not a slow leak, FLAT.

at this point im thinking just bad luck. so took the wheel off to find a nail sized hole right in the middle of the tire. so i called youngmill. i simply asked why didnt he tell me there was a hole in one of the tires. hes all "whoa wtf are you talking about?" and im like theres a hole in the tire. hes like "oh i didnt know, im sorry we can work something out." i then talked about maybe receiving $50 just for that one tire. i never got a straight answer.

now this is when im thinking i got ripped off. he was also selling a set of rims that the tires came off of at the same time. how do you not know there is a hole if you had the tires taken off the rims?

i thought i would be nice though and just get it patched. it wouldnt cost more than a few bucks and save both of us the trouble.

anyway, i put a spare on, and drive back to the shop. they put a patch on the inside of the tire. it lasted...for about 3 days. so now i know its got more than one hole. i texted youngmill and he goes on about "oh a patch isnt gonna do the job, blah blah it needs a plug.." now i have been riding on used tires my whole life. probably 90% of my tires are patched/plugged, and i have NEVER had one fail. oh, and at this point he is still claiming he didnt know about the hole.

he finally came out of nowhere and said "oh my brother knew there was a hole but i didnt, he pulled the nail out and i sold them without knowing." thats bullshit buddy. why are you just now telling me this? at first you said you had no clue, then a few days later all of the sudden you have this story?

mind you i have been nice about it the entire time. i simply wanted some help to resolve this. after dealing with having to put air in the tire every 3 days i was done with it, so i texted youngmill yet again. i asked that i get $50 to get a new tire. i was even willing to drive half way, or maybe exchange paypal addresses and do it that way. i wasnt even asking for a full refund. i tried my best to keep it off IA and i told him that. this was when he blows up talking about "nigga this..nigga that..you a bitch that cant fix shit" and hes gonna get his "boys", whoever they might be, to "negative rep the shit out of my bitch ass."

so i finally just said fuck it, i deal it with it myself.

bottom line, he's shady in my book, and i highly doubt ill be doing business with him again.

sorry for the long post, but i want IA to see what i have been dealing with the last few weeks.

SlenderEG6
09-11-2010, 04:06 AM
:no:

.:Stirfry:.
09-11-2010, 01:10 PM
:no:

Black4DrEK
09-11-2010, 03:18 PM
WOW...

I dont think this is the first time a thread like this has been posted about this guy

Catnip
09-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I definitely agree with working something out, but I've never seen a tire that needed to be replaced from a nail. Try plugging it or bring it over and I'll do it. If that doesn't work, I think he should pay for a used tire for ya.

DeeAOne
09-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I'll let you know Evan. I don't know If the plug will work seeing that there is already a patch on the same hole.

civicturbo10
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM
it must have another leak somewhere. I've used the patch and they work. Usually i use a plug though b/c i can do it with the tire still mounted. Are you saying it leaks from the hole you patched or a totally diff hole? Try a dunk test yet to find if the tire has even more holes?

j0nbunklah0m
09-12-2010, 01:18 AM
im not sure about this situation, but he's a good guy to me. never had any problems with him and he's real cool. With that said, I hope you guys get things sorted out..

DeeAOne
09-12-2010, 02:34 AM
it must have another leak somewhere. I've used the patch and they work. Usually i use a plug though b/c i can do it with the tire still mounted. Are you saying it leaks from the hole you patched or a totally diff hole? Try a dunk test yet to find if the tire has even more holes?

its got to be a totally different hole thats very small. no bubbles came from the patched hole when the guy did a dunk test at the shop. it cant be a bad rim, they are brand new out the box. it will last for 3-4 days. like say i fill the tire up to 35 psi. by day 4 it is probably at 10psi or so.

im not sure about this situation, but he's a good guy to me. never had any problems with him and he's real cool. With that said, I hope you guys get things sorted out..i hope so too..

SlenderEG6
09-12-2010, 02:43 AM
i think the leak may be so slow that you cant see it in a dunk test but wen pressure is on it from driving it leaks really slow

gerardojdm
09-12-2010, 02:51 AM
First off all it the tire shops fault because they are suppose to check for leaks then they will let you know.
plug it and end of story.

DeeAOne
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
First off all it the tire shops fault because they are suppose to check for leaks then they will let you know.

if they could find the leak i would do that. i stood right there while he did the test and neither one of us saw anything. it has to be pin-sized or something. doesnt matter though. either way it has multiple holes..

SlenderEG6
09-12-2010, 03:13 AM

end of story!!! are you stupid!! this guy sold him a fucked up tire,, ur the type person that gets bitched up and fucked over cuz u let shit go... stoooopid

civicturbo10
09-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I say buy another used tire at used place. Too much time being wasted on this dud tire.

youngmill
09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Check it out.tHis guy is really annoying yo. I was never selling the rims the tires came off of. When I room the tires off I didn't see any nails, well Ok, ny brother didn't tell me there was any nails in the tires. when the tires came off, they was working fine to the best if my knowledge. Tires was all same brand, like new, with the exception if the rubbing.

This is how we git to this point:
He calls me saying one tire went flat on he. He said their was a leak in one tire. I said ok, when I woke up the next day my brother said he was about to plug that tire, and I should have told him I was going to sell them. I said damn yo!

This guy said no biggie he was gonna patch it and if it doesn't work he will call me back.

I said cool, sorry man I didn't know or else i would've told u up front.

ah week goes bye, he calls back saying, "YO THIS GETTING RIDICULOUS" "I TRIED TO PATCH IT, IT'S NOT HOLDING AIR". At this point I'm thinking, DUDE PLUG THE TIRE, AND I TELL HIM TOGETIT DONE PROFESSIonalLY.

HE SAYS, OK IMA TRY THAT, AND I SAID WE CAN WORK OUT SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

WHAT GOT US ON BAD TERMS, WAS THE FACT AFTER HE SAYS HE PLUGGED IT, THIS GUY CALLS MAKING THREATS ABOUT IA THUS, AND BAD SELLER THAT. TALKING WITH AN ATTITUDE, LIKE I'M SOME YOUNG PUNK AND HE'S THE BULLY LMAO.

NOW I'M THINKING, OK SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA HELP OUT, AN NOW YOUR CALLING ME ACTUALLY, TEXTING ME AH WHOLE 5MESSAGES AT AH TIME WITH NO WARNING ON LABOR DAY MAKING THREATS

DUDE YOU CAME AT ME ALL WRONG. I UNDERSTAND YOU WAS MAD, SO THAT'S MY BAD CAUSE I TRULY DIDN'T KNOW..
He's still ah good buyer, it's just certain ways and times you address ppl . You gotta be ah lol calmer. Don't call having a BF on labor day when ppl are out with family. HAVE RESPECT.

If you still need $50 lmk man. Bring that tire and I got you. IT WAS STILL A GOOD DEAL FOR YOU THO.

I'm done here. HMU

youngmill
09-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Sorry about the typos, I'm using my phone to do this. DAMN TOUCH SCREEN.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
If you still need $50 lmk man. Bring that tire and I got you. IT WAS STILL A GOOD DEAL FOR YOU THO.

I'll be completely honest. If you come through (if this needs to be done this way), it will change my opinion on you. Not that my opinion matters anywhere, but still........ Props for stepping up and doing this and not sitting in the shadows. Later, QD.

**EDIT** I regret that I sort of judged a book by its cover, YM. My apologies.

SlenderEG6
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
If you still need $50 lmk man. Bring that tire and I got you.

sounds fair!! :goodjob:

DeeAOne
09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I
Check it out.tHis guy is really annoying yo. I was never selling the rims the tires came off of. When I room the tires off I didn't see any nails, well Ok, ny brother didn't tell me there was any nails in the tires. when the tires came off, they was working fine to the best if my knowledge. Tires was all same brand, like new, with the exception if the rubbing.

This is how we git to this point:
He calls me saying one tire went flat on he. He said their was a leak in one tire. I said ok, when I woke up the next day my brother said he was about to plug that tire, and I should have told him I was going to sell them. I said damn yo!

This guy said no biggie he was gonna patch it and if it doesn't work he will call me back.

I said cool, sorry man I didn't know or else i would've told u up front.

ah week goes bye, he calls back saying, "YO THIS GETTING RIDICULOUS" "I TRIED TO PATCH IT, IT'S NOT HOLDING AIR". At this point I'm thinking, DUDE PLUG THE TIRE, AND I TELL HIM TOGETIT DONE PROFESSIonalLY.

HE SAYS, OK IMA TRY THAT, AND I SAID WE CAN WORK OUT SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

WHAT GOT US ON BAD TERMS, WAS THE FACT AFTER HE SAYS HE PLUGGED IT, THIS GUY CALLS MAKING THREATS ABOUT IA THUS, AND BAD SELLER THAT. TALKING WITH AN ATTITUDE, LIKE I'M SOME YOUNG PUNK AND HE'S THE BULLY LMAO.

NOW I'M THINKING, OK SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA HELP OUT, AN NOW YOUR CALLING ME ACTUALLY, TEXTING ME AH WHOLE 5MESSAGES AT AH TIME WITH NO WARNING ON LABOR DAY MAKING THREATS

DUDE YOU CAME AT ME ALL WRONG. I UNDERSTAND YOU WAS MAD, SO THAT'S MY BAD CAUSE I TRULY DIDN'T KNOW..
He's still ah good buyer, it's just certain ways and times you address ppl . You gotta be ah lol calmer. Don't call having a BF on labor day when ppl are out with family. HAVE RESPECT.

I'm done here. HMU

I agree that it was a good deal that's why I didn't even try to talk you down. If I didn't give you enough time to fix this then I apologize. I just felt like I was asking for help and you just kept blowing me off. I appreciate this bro. :goodjob:

DeeAOne
09-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Double post..

Catnip
09-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds great! Hope this gets sorted out, guys.

DynamicSound
09-12-2010, 04:15 PM
FYI...to help ensure this doesn't happen again, go to a used tire shop if you are trying to save on money for tires. They are typically $25-$40 per tire depending on size and includes mounting/balancing. They would have 80-95% of tread. I used to go to D's Used Tires in Lawrenceville for my G35 and paid $40 per tire since I would run through tires every 6 months no matter if they were new or not. Never had an issue out of any of their tires and they have all name brands. So say you 16" tires, it would be $140 for all 4 tires including mounting and balancing.

Catnip
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
We have a place like that down here, Economy Tires. The OP sometimes uses them.

gerardojdm
09-12-2010, 11:21 PM
end of story!!! are you stupid!! this guy sold him a fucked up tire,, ur the type person that gets bitched up and fucked over cuz u let shit go... stoooopid
Me stupid?? Ok if the shop saw no leaks then that obviously means he picked up a nail on the road
Making you a stupid looking fool. Get your shit straight homie

EJ6
09-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Me stupid?? Ok if the shop saw no leaks then that obviously means he picked up a nail on the road
Making you a stupid looking fool. Get your shit straight homie

it was prob a pin size needle hole..he said he stood right there while dunkin the tire...well oh well case should be close after YM pays the guy..which is fair.

JDMEK18
12-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Sounds like two stand up guys to me. Real men appologize when they make mistakes, take ownership, and keep their names clean!

Thumbs up to both of you guys...