PDA

View Full Version : How It Should Be Done

David88vert
09-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm not telling you to street race, but if you do, this is the way it should be done - blocked off, no non-participants involved, private property. Everyone there knows the risks and accepts them.

Cash Days
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/720171-800-1800hp-cars-street-cash-days-vi-pictures.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kO_cNBK8YY

thundercatz1
09-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Thats some real shit right there

japan4racing
09-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Thats whats up! That yellow stang was on the cover of the latest issue of MM&FF.

BABY J
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
This is NOT how it's done. I'm not sure if you're on MWSC forums but you hardly see most of these cars on the "street". The "quicker" cars blew through the tires on the launch (You see Chuck Seitsinger lose in his bowtie but I PROMISE you on a prepped surface he rolls the fuck out) and the "slower" cars pulled, with only a few exceptions. You've got bystanders 60 feet out lining the roads, 2 feet from the curb trees line both sides of the road. Furthermore it's wayy too dark to be safe. While I admire the power that came out, this is an accident waiting to happen.

On a side note - the purple (well, NOW purple) Mopar almost won Pinks all-out last year by ONE race... tranny started to go out - guy named Rod. (he caged my dads Pinto Wagon in the early 90s and has LOTS of fast shit) - when that car is on Kill Mode it's hard to beat. AWESOME action though for sure.

DSGMach1
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
BoostedGT's car is just plain nasty. His car has gone 5.63@132 in an Outlaw 275 class

They definitely do it big in DFW area.

I didn't know his car was on the cover. My subscription just ran out too. Going to have to run by the store today.

Got Milk?
09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
WOW

japan4racing
09-10-2010, 10:48 AM
BoostedGT's car is just plain nasty. His car has gone 5.63@132 in an Outlaw 275 class

They definitely do it big in DFW area.

I didn't know his car was on the cover. My subscription just ran out too. Going to have to run by the store today.

I just went and dug that issue out of my pile and its not his car..I made a mistake. The car on the cover is a 10 second nitrous car owned by a guy named Matt Stals...my bad!

David88vert
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
This is NOT how it's done. I'm not sure if you're on MWSC forums but you hardly see most of these cars on the "street". The "quicker" cars blew through the tires on the launch (You see Chuck Seitsinger lose in his bowtie but I PROMISE you on a prepped surface he rolls the fuck out) and the "slower" cars pulled, with only a few exceptions. You've got bystanders 60 feet out lining the roads, 2 feet from the curb trees line both sides of the road. Furthermore it's wayy too dark to be safe. While I admire the power that came out, this is an accident waiting to happen.

On a side note - the purple (well, NOW purple) Mopar almost won Pinks all-out last year by ONE race... tranny started to go out - guy named Rod. (he caged my dads Pinto Wagon in the early 90s and has LOTS of fast shit) - when that car is on Kill Mode it's hard to beat. AWESOME action though for sure.

I'm not on the MWSC forums.
My point is that these roll races, or stopping on the interstate that happen around here are not the way it should be done.
Dig runs, seculded area, no "innocents" around, real hp cars launching off at least a flagger (not a honk).
If you aren't at the track, you can't control the spectators. This was street racing, not dragstrip. There is always an accident waiting to happen - hopefully, it will just keep waiting.
On the street, the slower car can win. It's all about managing limited traction.

DSGMach1
09-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I just went and dug that issue out of my pile and its not his car..I made a mistake. The car on the cover is a 10 second nitrous car owned by a guy named Matt Stals...my bad!

Oh yea I've got that one. I see you have a pile too lol.