PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to carry a fire extingusher

Doppelgänger
11-12-2005, 05:46 PM
So lastnight i was on my way on the gas station.. heading down I-85 south to Old P'tree.. to the QT. I had left my car up at Waffle House previously to headign down the interstate becasue i was riding with my friend. So right as im getting on the exit ramp my friend starts flashing me and i look back and see a large ploom of smoke....hhmmmmm. He pulls up next to me and tells me that theres a glow under my car.. not good. So i pull over right at the light adn open the hood WOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH flames everywhere :(

The feeling of opening your hood and watching fire comsuming everythinf and being totally helpless is undescribable... it really sucks. So here i am... not knowing what to do and thinkign about that video where the VW catches fire adn they jsut tape it burning becasue they cant do anything about it is running through my head. Then my friends runs up with a bottle of Mtn Dew and hands it to me and jumps back in the car and heads to QT to get a extinguisher. I start pouring The Dew on the fire.. and luckily there was jsut enough left to put it out.

So i sat there for awhile jsut wondering what the fuck im going to do. I have full coverage on the car and im pretty sure my Comprehensive coverage will cover it. But the strange thing is i have had someone recently threatening to vandalize my car (burn, steal, cut the top, rip the bumpers off with another car).. and now it caught fire. So after lettign it sit adn inspecting some of the burnt wiring and not seeing much i crank it up. It runs.. but now sounds like shit..... baaadly.

Shitty way to start off myweekend.... i guess i'll call the insurance company on monday..... i wonder if i need to make a police report or anything...

I'm gonna go get drunk now.. since im not driving anywhere.

So from now on im carrying a small extinguisher in my trunk.....

Kelly_Rene
11-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Damn Mike, you are just having the worst luck. sorry to hear about this :(

Rican219
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey man sorry to hear it I don't know you but I feel your pain bro

EX-Svic
11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
damn that sucks , i carry one in my trunk next to my amps, same reason 1 day i was just rolling around and smelled something burning and it was the carpet in my trunk due to the fact that the people who installed my audio got ground on top of my gas tank and made a whole on it somehow a spark came up i guess and it caught fire Good think the whole car did not burn,

HyPer50
11-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Ya... thats one thing that really scares me, cause I dont carry one... Whenever I start smelling something burning I'll be looking for any signs of smoke. That VW video freaked me out cause of how helpless they must of felt heh.

Princess12
11-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey....my boyfriend (rickgiblin) and I brought you the Import Faceoff Flyer last night at Waffle House. Sorry to hear that about your car. That sux big donkey dick! Let my boyfriend know if you need a ride anywhere...he lives in Suwanee. Hope things get better!

gtikid
11-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Damn Mike that's terrible man. Sorry to hear about that dude. Like someone else said, good thing that the whole car didn't catch fire and burn like the GTI video...hope you get that thing fixed and running good again man

JITB
11-12-2005, 10:32 PM
my protege almost burned to the ground...i was about 2 more start ups form a 3alarm blaze int he middle of 138. My friends mx3 caught on fire luckily another friend had one of thoe Apc fir extinguishers and it saved his car..

Kevykev
11-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Damn sorry abou that mishap.

Doppelgänger
11-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Hey....my boyfriend (rickgiblin) and I brought you the Import Faceoff Flyer last night at Waffle House. Sorry to hear that about your car. That sux big donkey dick! Let my boyfriend know if you need a ride anywhere...he lives in Suwanee. Hope things get better!
..and then jsut a short time later.... this happens.... argh. BTW i did give out a few of those flyers to people who said they were going for sure.

Man.. the vid of that VW was just playing in my mind the whole time....i could even hear Weezer-Say It Ain't So playing in my head :confused:

Tracy
11-13-2005, 11:37 AM
dang it mike! Yo have bad luck with cars. Sorry :(

Doppelgänger
11-13-2005, 12:29 PM
dang it mike! Yo have bad luck with cars. Sorry :(

i think im very close to throwing in the towel on everything and getting some pos car and walking away.... I might do another mini-truck like i had way back in the day.. old school Mazda B2200 slammed and with a kik ass system.

I know its not totaled or anything, i almost wish i would have just let it burn... but i couldnt watch a perfectly good car go to waste.... i'd rather sell it to someone like me who appreciates it.

Buford®
11-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Damn dude! Sorry to hear that! What do you think will be done? New motor? What video are yous guys refering to?

Vuongy_Dong
11-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Man that sucks homeboi.

Doppelgänger
11-13-2005, 03:07 PM
http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videoGolfGTIonFire.html

im glad mine didnt turn out like that... it was very close to happening though...

fawk_you
11-13-2005, 10:25 PM
:( Miata go down the hole.

Sorry to hear that sweety. :(