PDA

View Full Version : GTI VS SR20 VS TT RX7 + video

benwaballs
11-12-2005, 12:48 PM
hey guys so last night ended up being a fun night... i ended meeting up w/ run4cover and a rx7(not sure who he was! but real cool guy) anyway so we did some pulls and it turned out well. rx7 had bolt ons, 240 had sr20 w/ bolt ons, gti has gt28r... anyway the cars were all pretty even i would say. lower speeds i was getting killed but up top was holding on. but all 3 cars were pretty evenly matched who ever got the better jump won. run4cover was limited to 110mph so he never even got pull real hard. rx7 would nail me after 135+ couldn't hang w/ him up top. had lots of fun nice meeting you guys :goodjob: .. i threw i quick vid together, i have a high res if someone wants to host! here is a link

http://media.putfile.com/stg3GTI-VS-SR20-VS-TT-RX7

slowrolla97
11-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey, this is the person that was with the guy in the rx-7. Fun night last night. If you guys want to meet up agian we will probaly be in the same area as last time. Hope to see yall there.

Speedm0(\)key
11-12-2005, 04:47 PM
great runs man, for a second i thought run4cover was this kid i raced in the STi once with a T28, but wheels are a bit different. i hope i can meet up with you guys soon

benwaballs
11-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey, this is the person that was with the guy in the rx-7. Fun night last night. If you guys want to meet up agian we will probaly be in the same area as last time. Hope to see yall there.

maybe next week but she needs a rest and a oil change bad before we do that again! :goodjob:

benwaballs
11-12-2005, 10:40 PM
great runs man, for a second i thought run4cover was this kid i raced in the STi once with a T28, but wheels are a bit different. i hope i can meet up with you guys soon

yea monkey we should shoot 4 next week some time

SandM
11-13-2005, 07:26 AM
hey ben, i like the air freshner. trees blowin in the wind. good runs though, looked like a lot of fun.

benwaballs
11-13-2005, 11:10 AM
hey ben, i like the air freshner. trees blowin in the wind.
:D

purplehazing
11-13-2005, 11:15 AM
hey speed monkey tell me if u think this is a fair run u to benwaballs me in a stock neon against boosted galant

run4cover
11-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that was alot of fun....my stock ecu is pissing me off, lol, just when the car feels like it's really starting to pull in 4th...BAM!....party's over!

It was nice meeting you and michael (again). In all fairness, I was the only one with no passenger, so I had a weight advantage, but the cars do seem pretty evenly matched.

I probably won't make it out this weekend....planning on pulling the car down for you know what :D

Hey Benwa....can you email me that video...I can't view anything from that putfile or fire-whatever site.....I wanna see this video :o

Speedm0(\)key
11-14-2005, 12:06 AM
hey speed monkey tell me if u think this is a fair run u to benwaballs me in a stock neon against boosted galant

mind saying that again, i dont get what you are asking.

run4cover
11-14-2005, 11:06 AM
mind saying that again, i dont get what you are asking.you aren't the only one....damn near gave me a headache reading that ish! :lmfao:

run4cover
11-14-2005, 11:11 AM
hey guys so last night ended up being a fun night... i ended meeting up w/ run4cover and a rx7(not sure who he was! but real cool guy) anyway so we did some pulls and it turned out well. rx7 had bolt ons, 240 had sr20 w/ bolt ons, gti has gt28r... anyway the cars were all pretty even i would say. lower speeds i was getting killed but up top was holding on. but all 3 cars were pretty evenly matched who ever got the better jump won. run4cover was limited to 110mph so he never even got pull real hard. rx7 would nail me after 135+ couldn't hang w/ him up top. had lots of fun nice meeting you guys :goodjob: .. i threw i quick vid together, i have a high res if someone wants to host! here is a link

http://media.putfile.com/stg3GTI-VS-SR20-VS-TT-RX7just watched the vid at work (w/ no sound though), damn good footage and editing. I gotta get me a digi-cam like that. :bigok:

bambooi
11-14-2005, 11:11 AM
mind saying that again, i dont get what you are asking.
Speedmonkey vs ben's gti
and stock neon vs boosted galant

Hey ben gti what does your car run/trap at the dragstrip. How much hp you got?

Jehu
11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey Benwa....can you email me that video...I can't view anything from that putfile or fire-whatever site.....I wanna see this video :o
Direct link:
http://upload3.putfile.com/videos/a7-31512364043.wmv

Nice runs...what kind of power are each of you putting down in this vid?

benwaballs
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM

not sure never run at a track or got her on the dyno... the apr sites video shows 12.60 at 112, but who knows. http://goapr.com/VW/products/images/Dragstrip.wmv

dyno ive talked 2 ppl claiming anywere from 250-320 but i refuse to put anything but 93oct in it. so i would be happy w/ 250-260 range. iam going to get her on a dyno soon and find out

Speedm0(\)key
11-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Speedmonkey vs ben's gti
and stock neon vs boosted galant

yeah it'll be a good run, probably with the 350z judging from the video.

and the neon and boosted galant i dont even want to talk about. no offense to either parties, just that you two have riced each other out on that ONE retarded thread

bambooi
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
im calling you out to the dragstrip benwaballs... Commerce Friday! :)

run4cover
11-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Direct link:
http://upload3.putfile.com/videos/a7-31512364043.wmv

Nice runs...what kind of power are each of you putting down in this vid?
Thanks, but didn't work for moi.....anyways....I had my S13 dyno' week before last in FL.....it makes 237rwhp and 255rwtq @ 15psi (my daily setting). The car is just a basic bolt-on sr swapped 240...fmic, 255lph fuel pump, and 3" turbo-back exhaust...+8psi up from stock boost :D

run4cover
11-14-2005, 10:37 PM
yeah it'll be a good run, probably with the 350z judging from the video.

heh, I think you might want to leave the 350z at home for that one...I don't see a 350z running with either car in that video. I haven't raced a 350 yet, but as a Z32tt owner, I know a 350 putting down the numbers in your sig isn't pulling on any of the cars in that video. My s13 reminds me of my Z32 when it was stage III (dyno'd 320rwhp).

stock tt 300zx's put down your numbers with more torque, and my z32 weighed 3479lbs....I'm guessin a z33 is ~100lbs lighter. Either way, would be fun to see....I would run you, but as of today, the s13 is out of comission (undergoing some mods :D )....

should be up and running next weekend with a new nose, heart, and lungs :D

Speedm0(\)key
11-15-2005, 12:43 AM
heh, I think you might want to leave the 350z at home for that one...I don't see a 350z running with either car in that video. I haven't raced a 350 yet, but as a Z32tt owner, I know a 350 putting down the numbers in your sig isn't pulling on any of the cars in that video. My s13 reminds me of my Z32 when it was stage III (dyno'd 320rwhp).

stock tt 300zx's put down your numbers with more torque, and my z32 weighed 3479lbs....I'm guessin a z33 is ~100lbs lighter. Either way, would be fun to see....I would run you, but as of today, the s13 is out of comission (undergoing some mods :D )....

should be up and running next weekend with a new nose, heart, and lungs :D

i had a good run with an SR20'ed S13 hatch putting down a little bit less than what your putting down, and he got me by a bit on a 25-80 roll, his driving seemed ok to me. later we did a 70kick to 120ish and it was neck to neck for a bit and i creeped on him a wee bit after 100mph

im just saying it'll be more fun in the 350z where i think it'd be closer. the STi would put you out unfairly due to my power advantage and you being speed limited. but hey.. i might be wrong, in all fun and games we'll see in the future if we can meet up.

run4cover
11-15-2005, 08:10 AM
i had a good run with an SR20'ed S13 hatch putting down a little bit less than what your putting down, and he got me by a bit on a 25-80 roll, his driving seemed ok to me. later we did a 70kick to 120ish and it was neck to neck for a bit and i creeped on him a wee bit after 100mph

im just saying it'll be more fun in the 350z where i think it'd be closer. the STi would put you out unfairly due to my power advantage and you being speed limited. but hey.. i might be wrong, in all fun and games we'll see in the future if we can meet up.I feel you....actually I was talking about you and the rx7 or the gti.....they can run with you up top if they want....I wouldn't be much fun with the party ending at 110mph.......hahaha...don't sleep on the s13...that subie makes 301whp and weighs ~3100lbs.....my s13 makes 237whp and weighs ~2620lbs :D .

Either way, I'm with you, it's all in fun......In the next few weeks, I should be able to force you to bring out that STI :D

bambooi
11-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I think the 350z can take your s13 in its current state or be a good race. 237whp. 40/45 roll. 350z has a 6speed, but you have a lighter car. This is bench racing at its finest lol. :goodjob:

b0ki
11-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Dammm the GTI is slow for a APR Stage 3 U need to get it tuned and push some more power u can do about 320 WHP with that kit with daily driving..... I used to have GTI ,, any way ithing the ATP stage 3 is a better KIt for the money ;P

HalfBaked
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
im just saying it'll be more fun in the 350z where i think it'd be closer. the STi would put you out unfairly due to my power advantage and you being speed limited. but hey.. i might be wrong, in all fun and games we'll see in the future if we can meet up.

I'll run the STi in my nissan...

Speedm0(\)key
11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
I'll run the STi in my nissan...

you'll run something soon enough

HalfBaked
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
you'll run something soon enough

I run lots of things...

Normally it is just my mouth because I can't really find races.

But anyways, why soon enough? Do you have to build something for me?

Speedm0(\)key
11-15-2005, 03:28 PM
I run lots of things...

Normally it is just my mouth because I can't really find races.

But anyways, why soon enough? Do you have to build something for me?

no not really, you're not crazy fast but you've called all the cars on my signature slow and ill never forget it.. it hurt my feelings :( . i just dont have time to come out as much as i would like

run4cover
11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
I think the 350z can take your s13 in its current state or be a good race. 237whp. 40/45 roll. 350z has a 6speed, but you have a lighter car. This is bench racing at its finest lol. :goodjob:
I don't bench race, I'm talking from experience....I've ran faster cars than a 350z with my S14 auto and beat them(porsche 928 gt, porsche 996 n/a, C5 vette, srt-4, s4 audi). My s14 was heavier than my s13 by probably 200lbs, and not to mention it was an auto with a 3.69 final drive. Both cars have identical mods and run at the same psi. Given: the s14 has a slightly larger turbo, but any extra HP over the s13's T25 was soaked up through the slushbox tranny.

Case and point....you car ran 12.8, but only trap at 104.....sr's with my setup usually trap at 106 or better (my S14 ran 14.2 @ 106mph with a 2.6 sixty foot). Go run one from a any speed roll, you'll probably get your feelings hurt if you think you will walk away.

I would call you out, but mine is down for now.....and it won't be a fair race between us when i put it back together, unless you do more mods :D

Don't sleep on benwa's gti, he only posted the videos where it looked as if he was getting pulled....he done his fair share of pulling as well. :goodjob:

bambooi
11-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't bench race, I'm talking from experience....I've ran faster cars than a 350z with my S14 auto and beat them(porsche 928 gt, porsche 996 n/a, C5 vette, srt-4, s4 audi). My s14 was heavier than my s13 by probably 200lbs, and not to mention it was an auto with a 3.69 final drive. Both cars have identical mods and run at the same psi. Given: the s14 has a slightly larger turbo, but any extra HP over the s13's T25 was soaked up through the slushbox tranny.

Case and point....you car ran 12.8, but only trap at 104.....sr's with my setup usually trap at 106 or better (my S14 ran 14.2 @ 106mph with a 2.6 sixty foot). Go run one from a any speed roll, you'll probably get your feelings hurt if you think you will walk away.

I would call you out, but mine is down for now.....and it won't be a fair race between us when i put it back together, unless you do more mods :D

Don't sleep on benwa's gti, he only posted the videos where it looked as if he was getting pulled....he done his fair share of pulling as well. :goodjob:

Oh I know where I stand. My car is not fast. I also trapped 105, but i put the 104 because it is the quickest. Have you ran at commerce? Otherwise the times can't compare. I saw some swapped sr20s run slow at commerce. Slow E.T. and slow mph ( not that 104/105 is fast- its slow too). Too bad your car isn't together. I'd like to see what you e.t. and trap at commerce.

Speedm0(\)key
11-15-2005, 07:00 PM
yeah you see. my STi ran 13.0 @ 108mph with a 1.8 60' with a gay 2nd gear shift at commerce. at any other track i would have trapped 115+... ha.. just kidding, but yeah.. commerce sucks..

350z < 14.2 @100.98 mph 2.3 60'

benwaballs
11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Dammm the GTI is slow for a APR Stage 3 U need to get it tuned and push some more power u can do about 320 WHP with that kit with daily driving..... I used to have GTI ,, any way ithing the ATP stage 3 is a better KIt for the money ;P

:jerkit: slow 4 an apr APR stage 3? well lets see it was tunned & installed by APR... and no you can not get 320 whp daily driving a stg3 iam already at 25psi, a stg 3+ kit will make 320-335.

atp better then apr? :lmfao: nuff said

4dmin
11-15-2005, 07:50 PM
nice vid

run4cover
11-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh I know where I stand. My car is not fast. I also trapped 105, but i put the 104 because it is the quickest. Have you ran at commerce? Otherwise the times can't compare. I saw some swapped sr20s run slow at commerce. Slow E.T. and slow mph ( not that 104/105 is fast- its slow too). Too bad your car isn't together. I'd like to see what you e.t. and trap at commerce.
Nah, I don't have a LSD in the car yet, I wouldn't dare go to any dragstrip without an lsd and slicks/drag radials. I feel you on that, I've seen some pretty Ill swapped 240's as well...probably the result of abused engines.

Actually any street car that can trap better than 100mph is fast in my book....depends on what you compare it to. We can setup a run when I put the s13 back on the road...it isn't going to be alot more hp than it has now....but this other turbo should hold boost all the way to redline, instead of bleeding off (from 15psi to 10psi by redline) like the t25 does now.....should compliment the other mods well.....I hope :o

you wouldn't happen to be the black wrx I seen at montgomery this past sunday running 12's would you?

run4cover
11-16-2005, 06:37 PM
yeah you see. my STi ran 13.0 @ 108mph with a 1.8 60' with a gay 2nd gear shift at commerce. at any other track i would have trapped 115+... ha.. just kidding, but yeah.. commerce sucks..

350z < 14.2 @100.98 mph 2.3 60'
:confused: why does commerce suck? I've only been there once. Is it the track prep that sucks or what? I'm just curious, because I'm planning to run there once I get an LSD.

Speedm0(\)key
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
:confused: why does commerce suck? I've only been there once. Is it the track prep that sucks or what? I'm just curious, because I'm planning to run there once I get an LSD.

well.. prepping could be poor..i couldnt get traction for shit in the Z, best 60' i got there ever was a 2.09 which is very good.. couldnt duplicate it (consistent 2.3-2.4's lettin off the throttle more than i wanted).. in that 2.09 run i missed 4th cause.. well im a dumbass and tried to grab it again in anger and grabbed 2nd by mistake.. didnt let off the clutch though.. which was good.. i quickly shifted to 5th and called it off.. ran like 14.6 @ 80-ish or something retarded. also the STi spun all 4... extremely bald tires.

and last.. conditions and elevation i guess.. i dont know.. everyone just runs slower there for some reason.

EJ25RUN
11-16-2005, 07:11 PM
last friday at commerce

a burgandy 240 with mustang cobra wheels in the back kept putting down

constant high 12s very low 13s

no clue on his setup.

Speedm0(\)key
11-16-2005, 11:03 PM
last friday at commerce

a burgandy 240 with mustang cobra wheels in the back kept putting down

constant high 12s very low 13s

no clue on his setup.

probably similar/slightly superior to Nyteryders if he was running on street tires

bambooi
11-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Nah, I don't have a LSD in the car yet, I wouldn't dare go to any dragstrip without an lsd and slicks/drag radials. I feel you on that, I've seen some pretty Ill swapped 240's as well...probably the result of abused engines.

Actually any street car that can trap better than 100mph is fast in my book....depends on what you compare it to. We can setup a run when I put the s13 back on the road...it isn't going to be alot more hp than it has now....but this other turbo should hold boost all the way to redline, instead of bleeding off (from 15psi to 10psi by redline) like the t25 does now.....should compliment the other mods well.....I hope :o

you wouldn't happen to be the black wrx I seen at montgomery this past sunday running 12's would you?
No, I have a silver wrx. Also I don't live in atlanta. I live about 45 minutes from commerce so I read these forums. The last test and tune for commerce is this friday 11/18/05.
Anyway- more and more people are starting to run 13s with over 100mph so our cars are becoming average not fast anymore. 3 years ago high 12s would be fast for an import maybe. :blah: on my part

HalfBaked
11-17-2005, 12:07 AM
I was at montgomery last weekend...

b0ki
11-17-2005, 12:22 AM
:jerkit: slow 4 an apr APR stage 3? well lets see it was tunned & installed by APR... and no you can not get 320 whp daily driving a stg3 iam already at 25psi, a stg 3+ kit will make 320-335.

Damm man ur driving a VW and u dont know WTF u talking about ... APR is just a name ... look at there kit for $ 4500.00 u make only about 300 whp on full boost damm that sucks ATP is much better and cheaper.
and GT28RS i a better turbo... and u know it for about $ 3200 u can have a nice setup. I used to drive a vw A4 or MK4 call it whatever for long time i know what iam talking about... and the 1.8 T stock engine is good for 400 whp. do some research. :blah:

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Damm man ur driving a VW and u dont know WTF u talking about ... APR is just a name ... look at there kit for $ 4500.00 u make only about 300 whp on full boost damm that sucks ATP is much better and cheaper.
and GT28RS i a better turbo... and u know it for about $ 3200 u can have a nice setup. I used to drive a vw A4 or MK4 call it whatever for long time i know what iam talking about... and the 1.8 T stock engine is good for 400 whp. do some research. :blah:

wow you just love to run your mouth and dont know shit, dont you? here go to http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=27 and reread what you THINK you know.

1st apr dosnt make 300whp it makes 290 crank hp. and 338hp on 100oct
stg 3+ makes 300whp
http://goapr.com/VW/products/tvs3_power_figures.html

2nd ATP is no were near the quality that apr is, not to mention that atp dosnt even have software for there kit! plz dont make me start breaking down each kit for you, just go read!

3rd ok smartguy so why is the atp kit better than apr? if you know so much here is your chance to shine.

I used to drive a vw A4 or MK4 call it whatever for long time i know what iam talking about

wow thats a nice statement, iam sure you do know what your talking about and i bet your A4 vw :lmfao: was super fast :goodjob: you wanna talk to me about vws and you dont even know what you drove? you really think anyone is going to take you serious about how much you know about VW when you dont know if you had an A4 or mk4 VW?

your just another shit talker that has nothing better 2 do than to act like you know something when you dont. if you dont like what you see well then you dont have to say shit.

Jehu
11-17-2005, 09:30 AM

25psi and less than 320? Is this typical? No disrespect as I'm not familiar with GTI's but that seems like a lot of boost for the HP.

My experience is w/ hondas but even the bastard Honda motor (B20a/B21a) would make 300hp on 15-17psi. Is this typical (the difference of Honda's vs VW's being boosted)? I have a friend with an H22 (very much built though) that's getting 420 w/ only 17psi. W/ 25psi, I'd almost expect upwards of 600...

If this is typical, what is the difference (of course, this might not be the post to discuss)?

1439/2000
11-17-2005, 09:37 AM
not sure never run at a track or got her on the dyno... the apr sites video shows 12.60 at 112, but who knows. http://goapr.com/VW/products/images/Dragstrip.wmv

dyno ive talked 2 ppl claiming anywere from 250-320 but i refuse to put anything but 93oct in it. so i would be happy w/ 250-260 range. iam going to get her on a dyno soon and find out

Judging by that video you wouldnt run a mid 12. Maybe mid to low 13s with radials and a good driver. Just cause the 28r you have comes stock on an s15 silvia and it's a little small for mid 12s. I mean I've seen 240s do it but that one with just bolt ons you ran probably only puts down 250 and put up a good fight and beat you a few times.

I would just go dyno it and go to the track. Its a humbling experience.

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 10:06 AM
25psi and less than 320? Is this typical? No disrespect as I'm not familiar with GTI's but that seems like a lot of boost for the HP.

My experience is w/ hondas but even the bastard Honda motor (B20a/B21a) would make 300hp on 15-17psi. Is this typical (the difference of Honda's vs VW's being boosted)? I have a friend with an H22 (very much built though) that's getting 420 w/ only 17psi. W/ 25psi, I'd almost expect upwards of 600...

If this is typical, what is the difference (of course, this might not be the post to discuss)?

yea vw is a little crazy when it comes to boost... a chipped 1.8t will hold about 19psi on the stock turbo. about 190-210whp max at 19psi yea BT setup are from the 24-25 range. ppl always freak out when i say it holds 25psi

1439/2000
11-17-2005, 10:11 AM
yea vw is a little crazy when it comes to boost... a chipped 1.8t will hold about 19psi on the stock turbo. about 190-210whp max at 19psi

Oh god! That bad??

Yeah I'm guessing you put out like 230-240.

Stock SR20 with fmic and exhaust can put that down to the wheels.

Halfbaked sentra dyno'd 202 at stock boost witht those mods.

My car about the same, like 205 tq in stock trim.

Even though these are 2.0 liters 7 pounds vs 19 pounds is a big difference.

Jehu
11-17-2005, 10:20 AM
yea vw is a little crazy when it comes to boost... a chipped 1.8t will hold about 19psi on the stock turbo. about 190-210whp max at 19psi yea BT setup are from the 24-25 range. ppl always freak out when i say it holds 25psi
Yeah but 25psi and only 250ish?

So 19psi and only 190-210? H22's do that w/ a few bolt ons so I guess boosting them, you just start off at a higher hp to begin with. Maybe some port and polishing would help the flow? What compression are you at?

19psi on my motor would be crazy...even w/ 9:1 compression (currently 10:1). I could probably put 7psi and easily get 300+ on my current setup (after I change my valve seals though!...and I already have turbo cams, port and polish, and forged rods)

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Judging by that video you wouldnt run a mid 12. Maybe mid to low 13s with radials and a good driver. Just cause the 28r you have comes stock on an s15 silvia and it's a little small for mid 12s. I mean I've seen 240s do it but that one with just bolt ons you ran probably only puts down 250 and put up a good fight and beat you a few times.

I would just go dyno it and go to the track. Its a humbling experience.

not sure and really dont care about 1/4.. i dont ever plan on running her at the track i dont even really launch her. iam not trying to break anything. its just so if i need the power it is there. she gets up and goes and thats all that matters.

the gt28r from apr isn't stock. the a/r has been changed as well as the wastegate.

4dmin
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
if i'm not mistaken the stock 1.8t run about 6-8psi, chipped 14-18psi spiking at 20-25psi... personally i'm not impressed by the numbers w/ the stage III i would be expecting more for that money, i plan on making 300whp w/ a ko4 when i do it and possibly 300lbs w/ my k03... but then again i use GIAC :goodjob: and not APR

i think i read 400whp on a stock engine,,,, is it possible yes, will it last - lol

bambooi
11-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey guys overall boost number doesn't matter. It is the compression ratio and turbo size that you should take account for. Of course a factory turbo car has lower compression and you can't compare that to a factory n/a car w/ a turbo added.

18psi on top speed's hi reading dyno gave me 274awhp.

IntegraXTR
11-17-2005, 02:19 PM
nice vid, I like that GTi

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 02:40 PM
if i'm not mistaken the stock 1.8t run about 6-8psi, chipped 14-18psi spiking at 20-25psi... personally i'm not impressed by the numbers w/ the stage III i would be expecting more for that money, i plan on making 300whp w/ a ko4 when i do it and possibly 300lbs w/ my k03... but then again i use GIAC :goodjob: and not APR

i think i read 400whp on a stock engine,,,, is it possible yes, will it last - lol

300whp w/ a k04? sry but that is not possible unless you plan on using nos & building your bottom end. trust me i would rather pay 800 dollars for a k04 that puts down 300whp but thats not going to happen. apr stage3+ just puts over 300whp.

max i have ever seen an k04-020 put down is 245 (110oct). most k04's ive seen put from 205-225whp dont know were you plan on finding 70 more whp but when you do let me know.

also i have over 15,000 miles on this turbo kit running at 25psi and it is my daily driver! and have a friend w/ over 40,000k on his. and have had zero problems w/ it! the R&D that apr has put in is well worth the price 2 me! if you dont like how much i paid i dont give a fuck! when you get your k04 call me and we will race

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
nice vid, I like that GTi
thank u

b0ki
11-17-2005, 06:36 PM
wow you just love to run your mouth and dont know shit, dont you? here go to http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=27 and reread what you THINK you know.

1st apr dosnt make 300whp it makes 290 crank hp. and 338hp on 100oct
stg 3+ makes 300whp
http://goapr.com/VW/products/tvs3_power_figures.html

2nd ATP is no were near the quality that apr is, not to mention that atp dosnt even have software for there kit! plz dont make me start breaking down each kit for you, just go read!

3rd ok smartguy so why is the atp kit better than apr? if you know so much here is your chance to shine.

wow thats a nice statement, iam sure you do know what your talking about and i bet your A4 vw :lmfao: was super fast :goodjob: you wanna talk to me about vws and you dont even know what you drove? you really think anyone is going to take you serious about how much you know about VW when you dont know if you had an A4 or mk4 VW?

your just another shit talker that has nothing better 2 do than to act like you know something when you dont. if you dont like what you see well then you dont have to say shit.

HAHAHAH look man ... A4 or MK4 Is the same shit... when i say A4 i dont mean AUDI A4 hahaha in Germany u call it A4 in the USA u would call the 00-05 GTI/GOLF/JETTA MK4 .. :lmfao: .. so get u shit straight and YES I know what iam talking about ATP .. no software ? HA HA HA u can get it ... for extra but is not that great that’s why u go with REVO ccccc, What iam trying to say is for the money that u pay for APR kit... u can get a ATP kit with revo or ATP software ... much cheaper ATP :.. , more power , better turbo charger . :bigok: . :blah: end of the story . and if u wanna talk about German cars.. we can talk all the long and i can be ur teacher.

b0ki
11-17-2005, 06:43 PM

Yes u r right good i dont use APR they cost a lot and dont put any great # GIAC X+ is the best chip out there ... i think so.... my old GTI was flashed by GIAC X+ by passing N75 and 3' in GHL TB i was putting 235 WHP and 280 tq Spiking 25 psi and holding about 23 PSI to the redline... put to do all that u have to by pass the N75 and use a MBC. :)

4dmin
11-17-2005, 06:44 PM
300whp w/ a k04? sry but that is not possible unless you plan on using nos & building your bottom end. trust me i would rather pay 800 dollars for a k04 that puts down 300whp but thats not going to happen. apr stage3+ just puts over 300whp.

max i have ever seen an k04-020 put down is 245 (110oct). most k04's ive seen put from 205-225whp dont know were you plan on finding 70 more whp but when you do let me know.

also i have over 15,000 miles on this turbo kit running at 25psi and it is my daily driver! and have a friend w/ over 40,000k on his. and have had zero problems w/ it! the R&D that apr has put in is well worth the price 2 me! if you dont like how much i paid i dont give a fuck! when you get your k04 call me and we will race

dude chill, i personally don't give a shit how much you spent, but i don't think it is worth it for the money - IMO - i'm not knocking your ride, mad respect 300whp on a 1.8t deserves respect anyway.

well i made 200whp/245lbs on 93oct GIAC chip alone - greg c. said he got 210whp/265whp on apr chip alone... so you do the math w/ everything possible that can be done to these cars... you can certainly make torque, it is an awful high number for hp but not impossible w/ the right tuning... :goodjob:

we will certainly see in the next season to come... i plan on maxing out the k03 to numbers hopefully not seen yet at both the track/dyno - then i'll be moving up to a k04.

b0ki
11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah but 25psi and only 250ish?

So 19psi and only 190-210? H22's do that w/ a few bolt ons so I guess boosting them, you just start off at a higher hp to begin with. Maybe some port and polishing would help the flow? What compression are you at?

19psi on my motor would be crazy...even w/ 9:1 compression (currently 10:1). I could probably put 7psi and easily get 300+ on my current setup (after I change my valve seals though!...and I already have turbo cams, port and polish, and forged rods)

GTI stock turbo is very very very small...KO3

Speedm0(\)key
11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
man.. FUCK BATLGROUND

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
HAHAHAH look man ... A4 or MK4 Is the same shit... when i say A4 i dont mean AUDI A4 hahaha in Germany u call it A4 in the USA u would call the 00-05 GTI/GOLF/JETTA MK4 .. :lmfao: .. so get u shit straight and YES I know what iam talking about ATP .. no software ? HA HA HA u can get it ... for extra but is not that great that’s why u go with REVO ccccc, What iam trying to say is for the money that u pay for APR kit... u can get a ATP kit with revo or ATP software ... much cheaper ATP :.. , more power , better turbo charger . :bigok: . :blah: end of the story . and if u wanna talk about German cars.. we can talk all the long and i can be ur teacher.

a4 mk4 it isnt the same shit... and were not in germany so its a mk4. and if you know so much you should know the diff. and as far as atp vs apr, well since you didnt have ether on your A4 it really dosnt matter.

i am done w/ your shit talking...

Speedm0(\)key
11-17-2005, 07:12 PM
how about we all just befriend each other.. and shake hands..

and scream "FUCK BATLGROUND!"

benwaballs
11-17-2005, 07:20 PM
how about we all just befriend each other.. and shake hands..

yea fuck it... iam cool i guess iam just letting ppl get under my skin, ppl have a right to think what they like! i didnt mean no harm. what ever its just cars you dont have to like what i have! :drink: 2 german cars

4dmin
11-17-2005, 07:29 PM
yea fuck it... iam cool i guess iam just letting ppl get under my skin, ppl have a right to think what they like! i didnt mean no harm. what ever its just cars you dont have to like what i have! :drink: 2 german cars

werd by the way i definately am up for a run when the car is done :goodjob:

Speedm0(\)key
11-17-2005, 07:30 PM
werd by the way i definately am up for a run when the car is done :goodjob:

you never ran the 350z paul... you hurt my feelings :(

4dmin
11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
^ you coming out to the drift event on sat... maybe we can play afterward ;)

i'm always up for a run or two were you hang

Speedm0(\)key
11-17-2005, 07:42 PM
^ you coming out to the drift event on sat... maybe we can play afterward ;)

i'm always up for a run or two were you hang

you still running what you had when you raced the STi?, im not going to make that event.. im gonna have to work *sigh* , it sucks.. however i can meet ya up or something.

4dmin
11-17-2005, 08:04 PM
you still running what you had when you raced the STi?, im not going to make that event.. im gonna have to work *sigh* , it sucks.. however i can meet ya up or something.

well i raced a wrx, but i got some more goodies since then, but still have less then what your car comes w/ stock ;)

b0ki
11-19-2005, 12:04 PM
A4 and MK4 is the same shit .... i used to live in germany for 7 years i know what iam talking about ....bla blaaa

1439/2000
11-19-2005, 01:07 PM
A4 and MK4 is the same shit .... i used to live in germany for 7 years i know what iam talking about ....bla blaaa

???

run4cover
11-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I was at montgomery last weekend...well...if you seen the black guy under that big black and tan umbrella, that would have been moi :D .....we need to hook up, I want to check out that SE-r....your car wouldn't happen to actually be white, would it? Or is that it in your sig?

4dmin
11-20-2005, 09:28 AM

A1-A4 deal w/ the chaisis... you don't hear that term unless you are talking w/ older VW guys.

HalfBaked
11-20-2005, 12:26 PM
well...if you seen the black guy under that big black and tan umbrella, that would have been moi :D .....we need to hook up, I want to check out that SE-r....your car wouldn't happen to actually be white, would it? Or is that it in your sig?

Yea my car is white.

run4cover
11-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Yea my car is white.
ok...think i seen you one night in kennesaw.

HalfBaked
11-20-2005, 08:57 PM
ok...think i seen you one night in kennesaw.

There are 2 white turbo se-rs in kennesaw.

1 is a black guy
the other is a really scrawny white kid (aka me.)

run4cover
11-20-2005, 09:17 PM
probably similar/slightly superior to Nyteryders if he was running on street tires
sounds like a regular bolt-on sr20det with an s-14 turbo....what makes you think that car is similar/slightly superior to nyteryder's setup?

From what I know about nyteryder's setup, it's capable of putting him in mid to low 11's with traction (pending a few more bolt-ons)...but I'm not going into detail about all that, maybe he's keeping quiet for a reason.

Lots of people have the sr20 turbos all misconstrued....lemme help yall..

s13 turbo....smallest of the bunch, T25...good for ~250rwhp max

s14 and s15...t28..not gt28r's....good to ~290rwhp max

Rnn14 GTI-R....t28 with .86 a/r turbine....good to ~300rwhp

Gt28r...disco potato t28 based turbo...good for low 300'swhp

Nyteryder's turbo.....none of the above....good for..well... :D

these figures are not gospel, but general averages...some people make more hp, some less.....take me for instance...I only make 237rwhp with my t25 @ 15psi...I could probably squeeze another 13rwhp out by bumping timing and running 17psi, but why? :o

Ok...class dismissed.

HalfBaked
11-20-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm on a t25.

It is small and really lacks power.

Speedm0(\)key
11-20-2005, 10:23 PM
sounds like a regular bolt-on sr20det with an s-14 turbo....what makes you think that car is similar/slightly superior to nyteryder's setup?

From what I know about nyteryder's setup, it's capable of putting him in mid to low 11's with traction (pending a few more bolt-ons)...but I'm not going into detail about all that, maybe he's keeping quiet for a reason.

Lots of people have the sr20 turbos all misconstrued....lemme help yall..

s13 turbo....smallest of the bunch, T25...good for ~250rwhp max

s14 and s15...t28..not gt28r's....good to ~290rwhp max

Rnn14 GTI-R....t28 with .86 a/r turbine....good to ~300rwhp

Gt28r...disco potato t28 based turbo...good for low 300'swhp

Nyteryder's turbo.....none of the above....good for..well... :D

these figures are not gospel, but general averages...some people make more hp, some less.....take me for instance...I only make 237rwhp with my t25 @ 15psi...I could probably squeeze another 13rwhp out by bumping timing and running 17psi, but why? :o

Ok...class dismissed.

well, i see, thanks sir.

Nyteryder i beleive ran 12.9 on street tires(crappy traction). thats why i said maybe it similar to his. but you're right i dont know much about those motors/turbos

run4cover
11-21-2005, 10:33 AM
well, i see, thanks sir.

Nyteryder i beleive ran 12.9 on street tires(crappy traction). thats why i said maybe it similar to his. but you're right i dont know much about those motors/turbos
no problemo....i screwed up on the disco potato turbo...it's a gt28rs....gt28r could be an s15 or 2871 turbo....big difference between the two :goodjob:

garrett needs to come up with some more acronyms :D

run4cover
11-21-2005, 10:36 AM
There are 2 white turbo se-rs in kennesaw.

1 is a black guy
the other is a really scrawny white kid (aka me.)I remembered seeing the white se-r and someone mentioned it had a swap...don't recall who was driving it though.....doesn't matter, we're all in the same family :D

HalfBaked
11-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I remembered seeing the white se-r and someone mentioned it had a swap...don't recall who was driving it though.....doesn't matter, we're all in the same family :D

Yea there is no big difference between his car and mine...

except mine is faster. :D:D