PDA

View Full Version : ~>lowered the new wip. VIP status in the werks<~ unopic

.:Stirfry:.
08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
it has just begun for this new ride i have acquired::.
lowerd on heated springs.
dnt really post much anymore but heres an update.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/southernGAda/IMG_1096.jpg

comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Glade
08-31-2010, 06:39 PM
very nice..how long did it take you to heat them?

08-31-2010, 06:44 PM
really not that long, just the part when you have to break everything down to take the springs off is the long part.
but only about 30 mins or so for all four springs. but i had a buddy who had a spring compressor, the actual one that looks like a press and once it was compressed to my likein we took the torch to it and went to work.

bigs
08-31-2010, 06:53 PM
bounce-alicious bimmer.

Looks good though!

dz N.U.T.Z.
08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
looks nasty...

dz N.U.T.Z.
08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
ron Burgundy..........

2turbo4u
08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
BMW aren't VIP cars!

JITB
08-31-2010, 07:23 PM
BMW aren't VIP cars!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat who told u that!!

08-31-2010, 07:25 PM
thats what i said

Dirty Octopus™
08-31-2010, 07:28 PM
BMW aren't VIP cars!

VIP Style modifications and history have often been linked to the Yakuza. It is claimed that VIP Style came to be due to the risk of gangsters riding around in high-profile European sedans like the Mercedes S-Class or the BMW 7 Series. Such cars brought increased attention from police and rival gangs. By using JDM cars with modifications associated with the creation of limousines, gangsters could avoid detection by the police and rival gangs.

if anything we owe it to the "High-Profile" German cars for the rise in Japanese VIP styled cars. pay homage son.

2turbo4u
08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
BMW are for Vip's not VIP styled cars. There more of a stanced cars than anything else.

Dirty Octopus™
08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
BMW are for Vip's not VIP cars. There more of a stanced car than anything else.

whooooooooaaaaa... :eek: you need to stop talking now. you know not what you say son.

08-31-2010, 07:35 PM

lulz read over what you just said.

JITB
08-31-2010, 07:40 PM

man..... there is no such thing as a stance car. just because stanceworks is full of e30 and e46s with nice fitment doesnt mean anything. Bmw and Mercedes are what real yakuza drove, and what real money is considered in japan. The only thing that can be disputed for this car is that it is a 5 series.

2turbo4u
08-31-2010, 07:51 PM
ok maybe i'm wrong but I never seen anyone use that term here in the states referring to their bimmers. D.O since i'm your son let me borrow your car pops?

Dirty Octopus™
08-31-2010, 08:37 PM
BMW are for Vip's not VIP styled cars. There more of a stanced cars than anything else.

http://i51.tinypic.com/nleazc.gif

vividracing
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
looking good

-EnVus-
08-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Not VIP IMO but looks good stir

Cameron.
08-31-2010, 09:56 PM
ok maybe i'm wrong but I never seen anyone use that term here in the states referring to their bimmers. D.O since i'm your son let me borrow your car pops?

shut the fuck up you fanboy.

DieselNuts
08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
looks good but that's the most nigger rigged way to lower a car ever. you have destroyed the spring rates,

Catnip
08-31-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't wanna be the guy that's all, "That's racise"... but he is black.

Dirty Octopus™
08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
looks good
sometimes that's all that matters bruh. spring rates are only important to those that want them to be important.

-EnVus-
08-31-2010, 10:56 PM
looks good but that's the most nigger rigged way to lower a car ever. you have destroyed the spring rates,
As a white guy i am offended by this post and request it be removed....

only cause i can't say it without getting jumped :no:

DieselNuts
08-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone. It's a well known figure of speech. Maybe I should have said ghetto rigged or slack jawed yokel rigged instead. Either way, heating the springs causes the car to ride like shit. At least if you cut them it would have retained a decent ride quality. But from the outside, it def. looks good.

-EnVus-
08-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone. It's a well known figure of speech. Maybe I should have said ghetto rigged or slack jawed yokel rigged instead. Either way, heating the springs causes the car to ride like shit. At least if you cut them it would have retained a decent ride quality. But from the outside, it def. looks good.
lol its don't bother me the way i see it is it only should bother those who see them selves as a *igger

Dirty Octopus™
08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
from my experience a vehicle with heated springs rides a lot more comfortable than cut springs. especially on these big ass vehicles. now on the little Honda's id say if you're gonna go cheap then cut but you barely see a difference with heat on a big car.

lol its don't bother me the way i see it is it only should bother those who see them selves as a *igger

hell... this read A LOT more racist than what DN said. why would some one see themself as a nigger? do people walk around saying...

"So... i was talking to myself. and... i said self? to which i replied yes self? I see you, which is myself as a nigger. how do you feel about that self?"

Catnip
08-31-2010, 11:06 PM
from my experience a vehicle with heated springs rides a lot more comfortable than cut springs. especially on these big ass vehicles. now on the little Honda's id say if you're gonna go cheap then cut but you barely see a difference with heat on a big car.

I've never had experience on a heavy car with heated springs, but my convertible mustang GT on cut springs still rode nicely. Obviously not the same for all cars, but just some input :)

-EnVus-
08-31-2010, 11:14 PM

hell... this read A LOT more racist than what DN said. why would some one see themself as a nigger? do people walk around saying...

"So... i was talking to myself. and... i said self? to which i replied yes self? I see you, which is myself as a nigger. how do you feel about that self?"

lol no but all my black friends always say they are African american that the ghetto thug wanna be gang bangers are the *iggers

Dirty Octopus™
08-31-2010, 11:20 PM
lol no but all my black friends always say they are African american that the ghetto thug wanna be gang bangers are the *iggers
that's not really what they call themselves. they call themselves black. only gay and liberal blacks call themselves African Americans. (no truth in this it just sounded cool :o )
anywho. i call myself black. but i use the nigger word losely. i cant lie though... there was a little truth in your first statement. i am guilty of calling myself a nigga. but thats cuz i love myself A LOT ;)

-EnVus-
08-31-2010, 11:21 PM
that's not really what they call themselves. they call themselves black. only gay and liberal blacks call themselves African Americans. (no truth in this it just sounded cool :o )
anywho. i call myself black. but i use the nigger word losely. i cant lie though... there was a little truth in your first statement. i am guilty of calling myself a nigga. but thats cuz i love myself A LOT ;)

lol yeah i hear Dave chappelle does it a lot also in the mirror come morning

DieselNuts
08-31-2010, 11:23 PM
from my experience a vehicle with heated springs rides a lot more comfortable than cut springs. especially on these big ass vehicles. now on the little Honda's id say if you're gonna go cheap then cut but you barely see a difference with heat on a big car.[/I]

Hmm...didn't really think about that. My only experience with heated coils are with hondas. I've ridden in a few camaros and cobras with cut springs and they felt fine. Maybe I'm wrong. Now that you point that out, it does make sense that the extra weight may make the ride better than a lighter car.

whatever210
08-31-2010, 11:27 PM
it has just begun for this new ride i have acquired::.
lowerd on heated springs.
dnt really post much anymore but heres an update.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/southernGAda/IMG_1096.jpg

comments and constructive criticism welcome.

hey op i was the guy with the curly short hair guy that came with cb7tuner to pick your car up. looking good so far man but i thought you wanted a daily? why do people mod their only cars. thats why my genesis is staying stock. i still got the 240 for my fun car

09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
hey op i was the guy with the curly short hair guy that came with cb7tuner to pick your car up. looking good so far man but i thought you wanted a daily? why do people mod their only cars. thats why my genesis is staying stock. i still got the 240 for my fun car

yea it is but im just doin cosmetic stuff to it. i gotta keep my daily lookin clean.
and this isnt my only car i have.

quickdodge®
09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
really not that long, just the part when you have to break everything down to take the springs off is the long part.

You removed them? Why would you want to create more, unnecessary work? I've NEVER removed the spring on any car I've heated up. No reason to.

Either way, heating the springs causes the car to ride like shit. At least if you cut them it would have retained a decent ride quality.

Entirely the opposite. Unless you consider a more bouncy ride better quality. Heating springs is the way to go if you want to retain a more smooth ride and still be lower. I would never recommend cutting springs. And almost 25 years experience in doing this is my back up. Lolol. Later, QD.

IndianStig
09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
looks good man! i just picked up an e39 myself!

quickdodge®
09-01-2010, 10:35 AM
why do people mod their only cars.

1. Why do you care?
2. Why not?

Later, QD.

1moreaccord
09-01-2010, 10:39 AM
car looks good!

must.. resist... heated/cut debate..... :taun: :doh:

i'll jus say nice drop!

whatever210
09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Cause I'm tired of seeing threads like help! This is my daily and my boosted b18 is running on 3 cyl. Don't mod ur only means of transportation and u won't have those problems

Genji-Sama
09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Cause I'm tired of seeing threads like help! This is my daily and my boosted b18 is running on 3 cyl. Don't mod ur only means of transportation and u won't have those problems

Stfu cuz ur digging a big azz hole very quickly

lol at D.O layin down some heavy defense in this thread and clean car, dont really care how u got it that way

Catnip
09-01-2010, 11:09 AM

People have disagreed with QD before, lol. I actually agree with whatever210 for the most part. I think certain mods are cool to do to a DD, but otherwise they shouldn't really be fucked with. Of course the owner can do as they please within legal limit, but it's just opinion.

whatever210
09-01-2010, 11:40 AM

lol at D.O layin down some heavy defense in this thread and clean car, dont really care how u got it that way

how am i digging a hole on the internet without a shovel? and im just saying. i bought my 240 then it got out of hand on the mods...i was afraid that it would break randomly and that would have been my only means of transportation to get from and to work. i cant just call into work and say oh my turbo blew up i can not make it into work today. i get fired and lose moeney. so i bought a 95 accord. then i bought a s2000 then i bought the genesis...so ive worked my way to a nice daily. and i still have th 240 as weekend/track car. how am i being a ass.

quickdodge®
09-01-2010, 11:57 AM
how am i being a ass.

No one said you were.

But it' superterrific that you have an unmolested daily. But who are you to dictate what other people do? If you're tired of other people fucking up their dailies and poting about it on here, then....well...so what? That's on them.

But you also neglect to think of this: the extent of some of the people's mods. Like mine. I have my daily lowered and a couple of other minor cosmetic enhancements. I don't know about you being an ass, but I think you're overreacting to something that has nothing to do with you. Later, QD.

whatever210
09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
No one said you were.

But it' superterrific that you have an unmolested daily. But who are you to dictate what other people do? If you're tired of other people fucking up their dailies and poting about it on here, then....well...so what? That's on them.

But you also neglect to think of this: the extent of some of the people's mods. Like mine. I have my daily lowered and a couple of other minor cosmetic enhancements. I don't know about you being an ass, but I think you're overreacting to something that has nothing to do with you. Later, QD.

i love you no homo. the mods you listed are fine. like my daily has a bov, filter, exhaust soon and possilbly lowered with wheels. but theres a fine line. if i slap a gt30 on my car and up it to 22lbs or boost a 11:1 compression motor and daily it but rag it to hell everytime i drive it then thats what im talking about. how can you complain about it when it breaks cause its your daily and you need it running asap. im not telling everybody to get a daily im just saying sometimes its just not smart.

Dirty Octopus™
09-01-2010, 12:31 PM
i love you no homo. the mods you listed are fine. like my daily has a bov, filter, exhaust soon and possilbly lowered with wheels. but theres a fine line. if i slap a gt30 on my car and up it to 22lbs or boost a 11:1 compression motor and daily it but rag it to hell everytime i drive it then thats what im talking about. how can you complain about it when it breaks cause its your daily and you need it running asap. im not telling everybody to get a daily im just saying sometimes its just not smart.
yeah... umm... thats the thing. this guy never complained. but you sprung from the shadows with the why do you mod a daily thing. just sayin pimparoni :o

JITB
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
If its your only car its not a daily driver its your car that you drive everyday. A daily driver means you have multiple vehicles and one you drive daily aka daily driver.. I've never owned a daily I've had multiple cars but they both were modified and driven equally, because I can't leave shit alone.

VIP Style
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
LOL!

DeeAOne
09-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Looks good sterling.

sti_cham
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/nleazc.gif

:lmfao:

jadakid88
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
oh so were posting bmws now...anybody want to take pics of my e38

2turbo4u
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
shut the fuck up you fanboy.

why are you telling me to shut the f-up? Your the one sounding like a fanboy you stupid diaper rash baby!

dynasty69
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Looks good but heated springs :no:

09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
thx.
but no one has never in there entire history of owning a car has ever thought of or actually lowered their DD.

and i just dont have 900 bucks to spend on some coilovers right now when i can spend that money on bills. heating up the springs and makin look the way it does cost me a total of nothing. and it actual rides pretty good.

09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
If its your only car its not a daily driver its your car that you drive everyday. A daily driver means you have multiple vehicles and one you drive daily aka daily driver.. I've never owned a daily I've had multiple cars but they both were modified and driven equally, because I can't leave shit alone.

true and same here,
even if its my DD i could resist to do some kinda mod to it.

09-01-2010, 09:59 PM
sometimes that's all that matters bruh. spring rates are only important to those that want them to be important.
QFT. . .

quickdodge®
09-02-2010, 02:03 AM
heated springs :no:

Knowledge is power. Later, QD.

Logan
09-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Ciphering through all the shit to say your car looks good!

Whatever method brings the car closer to the earth is fine by me.

allmotorEJ8
09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
The car looks great. I'm going to heat mine as well until I get all the money saved up for my coilovers. Now to just find someone with a torch.lol

FoolsDrifFWD
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
lol @ this thread. this forum is to much

boosted_nonv
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
looks dope homie

tk4g94
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
saying you have heated springs its like saying you like to have intercourse with other men. Truly stupid

tk4g94
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
The car looks great. I'm going to heat mine as well until I get all the money saved up for my coilovers. Now to just find someone with a torch.lol

Cut them. dont heat them. that will make your coils soft ans sloppy!! you want stiff and low

allmotorEJ8
09-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Cut them. dont heat them. that will make your coils soft ans sloppy!! you want stiff and low

Can't cut them due to the design. Heated springs are fine.

quickdodge®
09-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Can't cut them due to the design. Heated springs are fine.

Heated springs are perfect for nice ride. Later, QD.

09-03-2010, 02:13 PM

seems like you never had heated springs before.
to make it simple stupid if you cut them that spring rate stays soft bc you didnt do anything, but cut some coils off and it just makes it softer.
heating springs are totally different, nicer/stiffer ride.
and you never paid attention in science class didnt you, when metal is heated up it expands and when it cools down it contracts back. Every time that process happens the molecules get tighter which calls for harder metal. and makes it a stiffer rate on top of compressed coils. ppl say its bouncy and they are riding on blown struts which defeats the purpose when the suspension retracts.

09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Heated springs are perfect for nice ride. Later, QD.

listen to this guy, someone with experience.

09-03-2010, 02:18 PM
looks dope homie

thx man
not as clean as your yet tho.

lol @ this thread. this forum is to much
nice avatar pic

thx and do it son!

Ciphering through all the shit to say your car looks good!

Whatever method brings the car closer to the earth is fine by me.
QFT

-EnVus-
09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I'll be honest ive never heated nor had the tool/know how to do it....So i won't say shit about it just rock what ya roll Stir