PDA

View Full Version : 94 teg LS major brake problem.. please helpp

jfryer496
08-28-2010, 05:51 PM
alright. well i let my car sit for about... 3 weeks and when i got back in it the brake pedal went straight to the floor. barely works. but sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. i tried bleeding them and it helped for a bit then just started doing the same thing.. could the master cylinder be bad? the ABS module had a hole in the cap and i put a new cap on it.. could it have gotten alot of air in it somehow ? what should i do to diagnose the problem? ANNYYthing is MUCH greatly appreciated! thanks!
-jeff

HMGDRFTER
08-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Try these if you havne't

1. Brake Master Cylinder
2. If you got a brake master cylinder (new) make sure you bench bleed the master cylinder
3. Maybe your bleeding wrong, don't do them individually you will not get all the air bubbles out, from what your saying, sounds like your master cylinder is good b/c it would not work good sometimes and not sometimes unless you bled it wrong. What you can do is lift your car on all 4 jacks, take off all 4 wheels and open up all your bleeder holes and every about 10 - 20 add more brake fluid to the container. just let gravity do it's thing..
4. Your brake booster has gone bad

hope this helps...

jfryer496
08-29-2010, 03:31 PM
thanks soo much dude! let me see what i can work up cant say thanks enough !

xero_xero
08-29-2010, 05:50 PM
bleed the brakes completely. i would advise against the gravity bleed, it allows a good bit of air in.

jfryer496
08-29-2010, 10:40 PM
i bled the whole ABS module, all 4 brakes and even the master cylinder.. still the same. pedal feels good then it just dies and goes to the floor and the brakes barely work, im thinkin it its the master cylinder.. i got one whats the proper way to bench bleed it