PDA

View Full Version : ls/v help!!

JDMDA_1.7
08-26-2010, 05:39 PM
so my buddy just had a ls/v done to his eg hatch..he used good quality parts and it was done professionally.so he gets it out the shop and a couple hours later it starts to smoke bad!!!:thinking:.its white smoke.so we are thinking it might be the gas in the car because it was sitting for about a year before the swap was done,,weird thing is that it smokes a lot and then it stops smoking for like an hour lol..if ya had any ideas what it could be then i would really appreciate it if ya helped me out..thanks IA:goodjob:

jdm-civic
08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
did you guys use a new head gasket?

JDMDA_1.7
08-26-2010, 07:13 PM
yea man ..he got the golden eagle kit..that came with new head gasket

Bacon
08-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Can we assume brand new rings and all that jazz too? Checked the coolant level?

bafbrian
08-26-2010, 09:48 PM
so my buddy just had a ls/v done to his eg hatch..he used good quality parts and it was done professionally.so he gets it out the shop and a couple hours later it starts to smoke bad!!!:thinking:.its white smoke.so we are thinking it might be the gas in the car because it was sitting for about a year before the swap was done,,weird thing is that it smokes a lot and then it stops smoking for like an hour lol..if ya had any ideas what it could be then i would really appreciate it if ya helped me out..thanks IA:goodjob:

If it is white smoke, mostly leaking coolant is mixed in were is shouldn't be. Even though you used the GE LS/V conversion kit, you could have problems with either the head or the block being warped. Did you have either checked or did you rely on someone's word to there quality? Furthermore, if its smoking for a while and then stops, you probably burning up all your coolant in the combustion chamber.

xero_xero
08-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Agreed. white smoke signifies coolant being burned inside the engine. it should not mix. it may be any of the following or a combination of:

Warped head
Poor gasket installation
incorrect torque specs or torque sequence
old/poor fuel

Check coolant levels and check for air. also check the oil for coolant. if oil is getting into the combustion chamber, it could be geting other places which could lead to bearing or ring failure.

JDMDA_1.7
08-28-2010, 10:35 PM
thanks u guys for the help.and yes he had new rings..and the bottom end was checked before the build and so was the head ..they both came out good no problems.and we keep checking the coolant and its fine lol..my first thought was that it was poor fuel..am thinking shop put the head gasket wrong ,bc we had that problem from them before.

Bacon
08-28-2010, 11:29 PM
thanks u guys for the help.and yes he had new rings..and the bottom end was checked before the build and so was the head ..they both came out good no problems.and we keep checking the coolant and its fine lol..my first thought was that it was poor fuel..am thinking shop put the head gasket wrong ,bc we had that problem from them before.

You had a problem with a shop installing something wrong and you still took something back to them? :thinking:

JDMDA_1.7
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
the car is not mine man..its a friends,,i told him not to take it but he did anyways.and this is what happened. i hate to say i told him so!

Bacon
08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Let him learn the hard way.

JDMDA_1.7
08-29-2010, 08:40 PM
that's what am saying lol