PDA

View Full Version : 96 EK hatch with GSR swap.....TACH NOT WORKING

CB7tuner
08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
alright so i have aquired a 96 civic hatch CX with a 96 GSR swap. everything is OBD2-A. the cluster has been swapped to a regular ex cluster since the cx doesnt have a tach stock but the tach still does not work. Everything works properly but the tach. so i thought it might have been a bad cluster i tried another known good cluster out of my friends ek..... nothing. so i decided to jump the wire harness and bypass any potential wires that might be grounding out ( i spliced into the solid blue wire coming off of the distributor and ran a wire directly to the solid blue wire behind the cluster going to the tach...... still nothing. so i swapped distributors with an also known good one thinking maybe the ignition control module somehow wasnt putting out a signal or possibly a bad trigger wheel inside........nothing. so i went out and bought an aftermarket tach, hooked up the power/ground, and connected the green wire on the aftermarket tach directly to the solid blue wire on the distributor harness......nothing still. I have completely run out of ideas on what could be the problem

CB7tuner
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Bump......having a GSR swap with no tach is FTL!!!!

xero_xero
08-29-2010, 10:14 PM
all hondas are wired for tachometer. strait. did you use your cx harness? if not, which harness? are you running any boltons, hacked harness of any sort? where are you located?

CB7tuner
08-30-2010, 08:38 PM
yeah i know all hondas are wired for a tach i was just saying it was a cx to explain why i was swapping gauge clusters in the first place. the only bolt ons are an exhaust and intake, o2 sensors are deleted with no cat. The engine bay has a full wire tuck but ive pulled the whole engine harness out and there are no cuts or exposed wires. i know there is a possibilty of something being wired wrong with the tach....thats why i by-passed the harness itself and jumped a wire straight off of the distributor (solid blue wire) to the tach wire on the back of the cluster (also solid blue). but still nothing. im located in (McDonough) Henry Counry right down the street from summit racing.

xero_xero
08-30-2010, 08:43 PM
okay, i can swing by and trouble shoot it for an hour or two tomorrow. ill pm my info and you can text me. i work in mcdonough right off the square. i get off at 6, maybe a bit earlier.

CB7tuner
08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
tach now works thanks to xero_xero.............thanks again man !!!!

EmminoDaGreat
09-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I bet the blue wire on the dizzy wasn't there, and then you had to run a wire to the remote wire on the shock tower.

guess not since i didn't read and you already tried it.