PDA

View Full Version : Ever gotten a ticket for...

EvasiveEF9
11-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Minor in Poss of Alc? I got one in Roswell...wanted to know if anyone's been through what I'm about to go through. I'm 19, almost 20...I thought I was allowed to be around alcohol? Alright, so I drank, no lying needed, but I wasn't breathalized, arrested (although my ticket marks that I was) or tested for alcohol and so there's no proof of consumption and there were 8 of us there, no one was driving (my car wasnt' even present).

Anyone been through this, or know of a good attorney, or have any idea how screwed I'm about to be?

Hulud
11-11-2005, 07:20 PM
i've been through it, i got busted at a graduation party a few years ago.
you dont need a lawyer it wont help.
just go to court with your parents dress nice and you will prolly get a choice, 24hrs community service or a DUI class. Probation 6months (or if your lucky till u finish either community service or DUI school). And youll get a fine.

I chose the DUI school and did it the following week so i was only on Probation for a week.

my friends at the party got lawyers and they had to do community service, DUI school, pay the fine, pay for probation (i got it for free), and they had mandatory 6 months probation

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-11-2005, 07:22 PM
i got a ticket in gwinnett for it when i was 19...they gave me a breathalizer (sp?) so there was no getting out of it for me, but i wasn't arrested. i had to pay a fine & take an alcohol awareness class. i think the fine was like $500. they talked about taking my license, but for whatever reason, decided not to. this was 5 years ago & i know they've gotten more strict about minors & alcohol so i'm not sure how it is now...

KoukiDrftr
11-11-2005, 07:23 PM
i got 40 hours community service and dui school... but i got a really small fine.

Brett
11-11-2005, 07:25 PM
If they didnt do a breathalizer or blood test they have to way to prove you were drinking. Even if they checked they gave you the test on the ticket, they have no paperwork to show it or test results to show, Id take it to court and fight it.

Hulud
they cant take you license since you werent driving
my fine was like $100 and i chose DUI class since they told me i could show it to my Ins. company and save money hahahaha

HyPer50
There's actually a law against that? I thought it was just a law against a minor buying it or someone buying it FOR a minor... didn't know it was illegal to technically "have" alcohol as a minor...

Hulud
11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
There's actually a law against that? I thought it was just a law against a minor buying it or someone buying it FOR a minor... didn't know it was illegal to technically "have" alcohol as a minor...
what? are you serious?

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
i wasn't driving when i got mine, either but that was their way of threatening me...the judge basically said he was tempted to take it just to teach me a lesson, but because i had a child, he wouldn't do it.

i personally don't think there's a point in fighting it...you might just piss the judge off even more. just suck it up & take what they give you. like hulud said, dress nice, make your parents go with you & hope you have a nice judge :)

Hulud
11-11-2005, 07:28 PM
i personally don't think there's a point in fighting it...you might just piss the judge off even more. just suck it up & take what they give you. like hulud said, dress nice, make your parents go with you & hope you have a nice judge :)
:werd:
been there done that just act respectful, take your parents (they like the fact that the parents are involved in your life), they will go easy on you for that

HyPer50
11-11-2005, 07:28 PM
what? are you serious?

Yes. I never got caught so never had the problem... But I always just thought it was illegal to purchase it... so if you just magically found a bottle of jack daniels behind the 7-11... sure they'd yell at ya, but didn't know it was actually a ticketable offense.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-11-2005, 07:29 PM
yup, if you're under 21, it's illegal to consume alcohol :D

HyPer50
11-11-2005, 07:30 PM
yup, if you're under 21, it's illegal to consume alcohol :D

So if a 6 year old downed a couple shots of Jager, they'd ticket the kid? Thats why I always thought it was just whoever got the liquor for you that was in trouble... not the minor.

Hulud
11-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Yes. I never got caught so never had the problem... But I always just thought it was illegal to purchase it... so if you just magically found a bottle of jack daniels behind the 7-11... sure they'd yell at ya, but didn't know it was actually a ticketable offense.
yea that would have been nice lol
o well

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
hahaha...if a 6-year-old downed a couple shots of jager, he'd probably pass out!!!

when i got my ticket, the cop didn't even ask where i got the alcohol from...he was just mad that i had it. the girl who was driving had taken a shot about an hour before we got pulled over...she told him she was sick & had just sprayed chloroseptic in her throat so he let her off.

DJ XtRaKŠ
11-12-2005, 02:21 AM
since you got it in roswell you can.....dude youre fucked, nevermind

RandomGuy
11-12-2005, 02:50 AM
how did you get a ticket, i heard you were like 14 yrs old

EvasiveEF9
11-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Me? No...I'm 19.

Here's the catch. Here's why I've chosen to take an attorney.

Last December, I was pulled for (I'm only going to list the important charges) Open Container as well as Posession. I hadn't been drinking, so obviously there was no DUI. The cop pulled me at 2am for a "flickering headlight" (I call BS...my car's primered, lowered (racing springs) on 17s with tinted windows and had a couple decals) Anyways, was arrested. Sentence was 6months probation, Alcohol Asess (came back as "not an alcoholic") 24hrs com serv and a healthy fine (Thanks Cobb county! My anus can now shit terds the size of Texas). All of this ended JUST before this charge. (Yes, I'm doomed to be fucked by someone)

The deal with losing my license for a month is that Roswell's big get off (due to this certain judge being strict as hell on alcohol) is to take your license physically (as in...it's not registered through the state) for a month (to lose your job), fine you til your car is repo'd (because you can't afford it because you lost your job) (thank god mine's paid for), give you community service (now we add taxi fees or put you in jail for not doing CS) and possibly probation (because you haven't yet bent over far enough).

My goal? This highly-reputed guy that I found named Daniel Gavine. He apparently has done this for many years, and, after telling him how I'd heard Roswell works, he confirmed my fears that it was accurate.

So now it's gonna cost me 1750$ for the attorney alone. I guess best wishes to me. Trying not to tell the parents as my dad would only kick my ass again, and my mom would ridicule me until the day I died.

Yeah, I know to shave and dress nice. Already ready for that. So here we go on the 21st for a request for continuance to "find and attorney".

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all concern and comments though.

DJ XtRaKŠ
11-15-2005, 12:48 AM
roswell.......yeah youre still fucked

EvasiveEF9
11-17-2005, 06:40 PM
</3!!!!!

imbosile
11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
shit, i live in roswell...but ive never gotten in trouble, so is roswell really that bad?

BufordŽ
11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Good luck with that one. May be you should stay away from alcohol untill you're atleast 21.

EmminoDaGreat
11-17-2005, 08:56 PM
what you know about a warning for 35 over! i almost got owned...

EvasiveEF9
11-18-2005, 06:24 PM
what you know about a warning for 35 over! i almost got owned...
Yes, Roswell IS that bad...especially Holcomb, and Riverside. Be careful.

Warning for 35 over? Means nothing at all. No court date, no fines, no nothing. Just don't get your ass in trouble again...

EvasiveEF9
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Buford...I should...I know. But it's just not in my nature. I just have to be smarter and think before I act. Such as drinking in public is bad and stupid. What sad...is I KNOW this...but I still went out there. It was definitly an error by me, but what's done is done, and I just gotta face up.

EmminoDaGreat
11-22-2005, 11:10 AM
well i was happy about it ... cause that woulda sucked assssss so i kinda slow down now... but its a honda... where can i go 35 over anything...

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-22-2005, 11:41 AM
stay away from it and it wont happen

devinwebb907
11-22-2005, 11:43 AM
gotten warnings twice, never arrested.

Juicy
11-22-2005, 01:21 PM
It was definitly an error by me, but what's done is done, and I just gotta face up.

If you "just gotta face up" then why in the hell are you getting an attorney? He is going to do you no good. You are going to be out of $1750 and still probably going to get the same punishment. You have just as good chance as getting a lesser sentence by bringing your parents in the court room as you would a defense attorney. At least it would show that your parents are a part of your life.

But either way, you are going get raped big a black dong..... way to go!

EvasiveEF9
11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Cav E - No doubt.

Juicy - Cuz the attorney I found is personal friends with the solicitor. It's my best shot. If I walk in a plead guilt (with or w/o rents) it's 1 month loss of license, 1 yr probation, 215$ fine, alcohol meetings for six months with one page essay of what you've learned, random drug testing, and paystubs of six months employment (to prove you paid for it, not your parents) and 24hrs comm service. I'm alright with all but the one month loss of license. If I lose that, I lose the kickass job I've got, lose the place I live (no rent $) and won't have proof of having a job for six months. So I'd be ultimately screwed as the place I work is an hour and a half away.

The goal is to trade off something for the one motnh loss of license. Which I'm almost certain I can pull off. Plus, getting the attorney added a 3 month postponement of the case, allowing enough time for me to get ahead on rent, and/or arrange for transportation for a month.

PS-Mother knows, and will go to court when time comes if needed.