PDA

View Full Version : how can i find out its swap is stolen?

JdM_EJ2
08-21-2010, 04:03 PM
wana buy a swap and make sure its not stolen...where can i find out?

allout13
08-21-2010, 04:15 PM
call up your local police department and have them run the VIN for you.

silversol
08-22-2010, 12:45 AM
yes the police can tell you! Also ask If the vehicle has ever been reported stolen! Becasue if the vehicle was recovered stripped to a shell It could be listed as a recovered theft. does that mean the swap Is not stolen. No you could still be busted of receving stolen property! All 96+ obd2 engines and transmissions have vin plates If they dont or are ripped off stay away! also obd1 are also traceable by the block code honda/acura can get the vin number by the block code. also buy your swap from a reptable seller or a "junk yard" or a jdm importer. If the seller can not speak proper english Like yO DaWg I GoTZ ThaT SwAp ONzzz tHe LoW lOw. I would also stay away !

Theycall_Metue
08-22-2010, 11:35 AM
If the seller can not speak proper english Like yO DaWg I GoTZ ThaT SwAp ONzzz tHe LoW lOw. I would also stay away !
ahahahahahahahaha this made my day

JdM_EJ2
08-22-2010, 02:48 PM
yes the police can tell you! Also ask If the vehicle has ever been reported stolen! Becasue if the vehicle was recovered stripped to a shell It could be listed as a recovered theft. does that mean the swap Is not stolen. No you could still be busted of receving stolen property! All 96+ obd2 engines and transmissions have vin plates If they dont or are ripped off stay away! also obd1 are also traceable by the block code honda/acura can get the vin number by the block code. also buy your swap from a reptable seller or a "junk yard" or a jdm importer. If the seller can not speak proper english Like yO DaWg I GoTZ ThaT SwAp ONzzz tHe LoW lOw. I would also stay away !alright preciate it

xero_xero
08-28-2010, 08:26 AM
how would you trace serial numbers (i e pre 96 cars) would you have to call honda? acura? could they even tell you? i always get a bill of sale and DL befor we part ways.