PDA

View Full Version : zx11 issues...need help.

Master Shake
08-19-2010, 09:45 AM
my zx11 isn't running right. for some reason it only runs all jacked up when i'm riding. if i'm sitting there...its fine.

but here is what its doing....while riding, its acts as if its not getting fuel. i've checked all the fuel lines and they are clear. it'll sputter and kinda stall.

the only thing i did to the bike was put a full exhaust onto it. thats when the problem started. i thought the carb just needed rejetted so i swapped it back to the stock exhaust and the problem stayed. idk anything about bikes and need to get this resolved since there is someone interested in the bike and i'm looking to get rid of it. just want to give them a good bike since i'm not able to ride it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
reps given for any help.

Stuntman G
08-19-2010, 10:13 AM
With bikes, 90% of the time, your problems will go away if you clean and re-sync the carbs. There's just not that much else it can be, unless you have some electrical gremlins. A carb clean/sync should be about $150 at any reputable shop, and I would suggest Motions on hwy 41. That's where I always take my stuff.

Master Shake
08-19-2010, 10:35 AM
i tried to clean them with parts cleaner but how do you re sync em?

Stuntman G
08-19-2010, 11:41 AM
It needs to be done with a vacuum gauge. If you do not know how to do it I would highly recommend having a shop do it for you. Also I would use carb cleaner instead of parts cleaner.

Master Shake
08-19-2010, 05:06 PM
well it was a carb cleaner. just said parts cleaner instead.

thanks for the info though. i'm trying to get a guy to come take a look at it. there is a very reputable guy in the town from here, about 25 mins. just gotta get the bike to him or him to the bike.