PDA

View Full Version : Music wow wow and WOW

1moreaccord
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
WTH happened to 95.5 the beat!? :thinking:

From what i can gather.. The owners of 95.5 the Beat got offered a LARGE sum of money from the Govt? or Talk radio?
So naturally they sold to become rich.
Talk radio thinks they can have alllllll the listeners from 95.5 which should be a VERY large crowd. Possibly one of the biggest in Atl radio, join and listen to their talk radio.
But alas, such an epic fail b/c anyone who ever listens to 95.5 the beat does not want to hear ANY talk radio. They are going to lose a lot of listeners VERY fast.

and that is all.. lol

Nissan Sean
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah this is some bullshit. I just found out. They replaced it with fucking talk radio? Wtf? Leave that crap on AM. Is there a petition or complaint we can file? Sooo pissed right now.

-EnVus-
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
repost

Browning151
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
WTH happened to 95.5 the beat!? :thinking:

From what i can gather.. The owners of 95.5 the Beat got offered a LARGE sum of money from the Govt? or Talk radio?
So naturally they sold to become rich.
Talk radio thinks they can have alllllll the listeners from 95.5 which should be a VERY large crowd. Possibly one of the biggest in Atl radio, join and listen to their talk radio.
But alas, such an epic fail b/c anyone who ever listens to 95.5 the beat does not want to hear ANY talk radio. They are going to lose a lot of listeners VERY fast.

and that is all.. lol

Wrong, both AM750 and 955 are owned by Cox radio, no one was bought out it was purely a marketing move to simulcast AM talk on the FM station. Believe it or not 750 has a pretty big listener base and with the added coverage of an FM station advertising dollars are going to be flowing in even more for Cox. It's all about the money.

repost

and what he^^ said.

koukis14
08-17-2010, 10:04 PM
What kind of music did 95.5 play?

quickdodgeŽ
08-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I think it's great. I listened to 95.5 all night in my truck for the first time in over a decade. It was awesome listening to the talk radio instead of the shitty music they played. Later, QD.

bowdown201
08-18-2010, 07:39 AM
I listen to it too lol. Neil Boortz is the man

1moreaccord
08-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Wrong, both AM750 and 955 are owned by Cox radio, no one was bought out it was purely a marketing move to simulcast AM talk on the FM station. Believe it or not 750 has a pretty big listener base and with the added coverage of an FM station advertising dollars are going to be flowing in even more for Cox. It's all about the money.

Yea, I read a little more about it and you're right, it's just Cox's move to make more money. HOWEVER - I believe he made this decision on false pretenses. The current American demographic is slanted towards the baby boomers and their children or the 40-80 yr olds. Our current generations still aren't as big as the baby boomers were.

That being said.. Of course talk radio is making more money due to more listeners b/c of the crowd that has grown up to listening to news on the radio and who enjoy Boortz. There is a bigger demographic of them in the world but alas - they are dying off. 95.5 the beat was a refresher b/c they captured a different audience - the twenty somethings and generations of today. This demographic is smaller b/c more ppl listen to personal media devices but nevertheless it is the next generation coming through.

Sadly, all of the oldies are dying and when it comes time, I'm not sure Cox will have the insight to keep his radio stations afloat. I believe 95.5 the beat was an important niche for Cox radio station and now they don't have it. He's been quoted as to wanting to capture a younger audience, well we don't a flying rip about talk radio. :no: if I wanted to listen to old queens talk about their feelings on the government and how they would do things if they ever got off their bums and actually did something instead of talking, I would just head to teh local nursing home where all its listeners sit day in and day out. I prefer to act a fool listenin to crap hip-hop rather than whole host of grandpas duke it out in an epic battle of "Who's going to talk the biggest talk?!" Get off your bum Boortz and go for a bike ride. Do something.

lol :goodjob:

ItsBlack
08-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Lol, all this fuss....

They just moved to 105.7 The Groove.