PDA

View Full Version : Where to Auto-X

obd1kenobi
11-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Where can one go for some Auto-X action?

Trey
11-11-2005, 03:19 PM
www.soloatlanta.com

wantboost
11-11-2005, 07:33 PM
www.nasa-southeast.com/

EvasiveEF9
11-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Is either location good for someone with no track time that doesn't wanna make a fool of himself too badly, but thinks he's pretty good cuz he's practiced alot illegally in local parking lots? I...he's got the basics down, just wants to fine-tune what he knows without the worry of cops hearing or seeing...not to mention fine-tune the suspension (fully adjustable in every aspect)

...not me of course...

Trey
11-29-2005, 12:51 PM
The nasa one is not local to atlanta where as soloatlanta is. There are 12 events all year and they have a beginner class where you can just go there to have fun and learn.

obd1kenobi
11-29-2005, 01:48 PM
When does that Start?

Trey
11-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Last one this year is this Sunday. Register online before Friday and sign up in the Novice group and have fun!

http://soloatlanta.com Click the DEC 4th link on the right.

Velocifero
12-07-2005, 11:47 AM
I autox in the atlanta region scca, events are mostly at turner field or gwinett county fairgrounds, it is rediculus fun and majorly addicting, every event has a novice class and there are a lot of good people there that are willing to give ride alongs to noobs and the inexperienced, there are select events that are much more appealing too, i.e. race at little talledega road course in alabama, that was an extreme rush my friend. season just ended last weekend, but there will another starting up shortly. cost is $35 to race if you are not a scca member, $25 if you are a member, free to watch/ride along, last year was $70 to become a sccs member, they provide loaner helmets if you dont have your own. I just got into it this year, but I wish i had been doing it my whole life.

WDR
12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
you could go a little further south to cordele and autox with the mid GA region scca ($10 for newbies) visit mgascca.org for details