PDA

View Full Version : Food pepsi repair needed

b.a.d. s2000
08-10-2010, 10:13 AM
anyone on here works or knows somene that does, for either pepsi or coke?? i own a restaurant and needed some parts to fix my fountain drink machine... I called Pepsi repair and they were going to charge me $150 for 2 $1 part plus labor. NO WAY! I know this is a long shot, but maybe I'll get lucky. Please let me know if you know someone that works for pepsi or coke repair. I'll pay extra for the parts and I'll give them free Quiznos Sub. Thanks

Sir_Christopher
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
if you own a restaurant i would say pay the 150and get it over with, because all its causing now is problems with drink orders!
and plus if you own one it shouldnt be a problem to pay 150?

quickdodgeŽ
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I have to agree. I'd let the people that are fully knowledgeable with this take care of it. I'm not restaurant owner, but I couldn't imagine owning one and not affording to fix a $150 problem. Later, QD.

b.a.d. s2000
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
i agree with both of you but it's like cars.. would you pay someone 300 bucks for a brake job when you know you can do it right for cheaper? Plus the problem i have is just a L-fitting that's broke nothing mechanical. it's as simple as removing the clamps and put new fitting on.

silversol
08-10-2010, 11:26 AM
pm bluehatch. but im sure he wont come out unless you make it worth his time!

quickdodgeŽ
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
i agree with both of you but it's like cars.. would you pay someone 300 bucks for a brake job when you know you can do it right for cheaper?

Key word....you can do it right. But it all depends on who the other person is. You've got several variables here. One is this is probably your (or part of your) livelihood so why cheapen out on it to someone who you don't even know if they know what they're doing? Same with the comparison to the brake job. I would gladly pay $300 for a brake job to know that myself and family were going to be safe. Not to mention if anything were to happen, you think Brakejob Bart is going to compensate for any losses you may incur for a brake failure? You can pay the $150 knowing that Pepsi will come in and fix it right the first time. If they don't, they will probably be coming back out on their time.

Plus the problem i have is just a L-fitting that's broke nothing mechanical. it's as simple as removing the clamps and put new fitting on.

If it's that simple, maybe do it yourself? Maybe it's not as simple as you think it is if Pepsi is charging you what you think is too high? See what I'm saying?

Hey, man, don't get me wrong and think I'm slamming you around. I'm honestly not. Just trying to give you some sound advice. I honestly think $150 is awfully worth it when it comes to something that important to your operation and having a name you know come in and get you moving. Later, QD.

Sir_Christopher
08-10-2010, 11:48 AM
i agree with both of you but it's like cars.. would you pay someone 300 bucks for a brake job when you know you can do it right for cheaper? Plus the problem i have is just a L-fitting that's broke nothing mechanical. it's as simple as removing the clamps and put new fitting on.

i wouldnt risk it man!, ide pay up and have it right the first time and im sure they have some sort of warrenty plan?

but if you want to fix it yourself, good luck to you, hopefully it is just the "L" thing and nothing worse, or make worse when you start messing around with it.