PDA

View Full Version : RutRoe (TopGear America) linked on the autoblogs

rednblacksvt
08-08-2010, 01:38 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/07/video-first-trailer-for-u-s-top-gear/#continued

Captain-Obvious™
08-08-2010, 10:44 AM
It honestly looks terrible.

Elbow
08-08-2010, 04:26 PM
It honestly looks terrible.

Yep, a direct copy. It's pitiful. They could make a great show, why copy something you can never live up to? Millions watch Top Gear, even non car people. This is trying to be something it's not and that's why it's getting flamed a lot from what I've seen. No offense to anyone involved or anything, I just don't get the point of copying an established show. I mean even the way they "act" is a direct copy. I will not watch it.

thepolecat
08-08-2010, 04:45 PM
well I can say I wont watch but that would be lie- i will watch and probably just shake my head in shame that we are copying like the australian version did.

Da_unknown
08-08-2010, 05:15 PM
indeed

JITB
08-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Yep, a direct copy. It's pitiful. They could make a great show, why copy something you can never live up to? Millions watch Top Gear, even non car people. This is trying to be something it's not and that's why it's getting flamed a lot from what I've seen. No offense to anyone involved or anything, I just don't get the point of copying an established show. I mean even the way they "act" is a direct copy. I will not watch it.

i do really wish they would try a different approach with the show. You cant mimic the chemistry, and the challenges of UK top gear. Id love to see a whole different setup to the show.. rather than a clone.

BUT! i will watch, and hope for the best...

Ziptied
08-08-2010, 05:39 PM
The nascar reference in the teaser just makes me wanna punch babies.

RutRoe
08-12-2010, 06:21 AM
You guys are hilarious. The show's going to be something fun to watch.

The reality is you're going to have to get over it..we're making the show. It's going to be fun and something interesting and fun to watch hopefully. If you don't want to watch it, that's cool. But don't shit on it when you haven't even had a chance to really see the show.

That trailer was made for a room full of TV critics...not cars guys....or elitists like Simon...who everyone loves.

And Ziptied, punch away. I love NASCAR and that will be a fun segment when the whole thing airs.

Thanks for linking it ! Peace !

RutRoe
08-12-2010, 06:23 AM
i do really wish they would try a different approach with the show. You cant mimic the chemistry, and the challenges of UK top gear. Id love to see a whole different setup to the show.. rather than a clone.

BUT! i will watch, and hope for the best...

Thanks man! We're using the formula, and the creativity, and the incredible production value. There's no Clarkson and no one's trying to be. Give it a shot...I bet you'll enjoy it!.

qwick
08-12-2010, 06:31 AM
So whitch one of those guys is RutRoe?

Im not sure that it will be as good as UK Top Gear, it looks like it has potential tho so ill be tunning in.

Okie_doke.
08-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I fucking hate Tanner Foust. I was over it as soon as I saw him. FAIL

oneSLOWex
08-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Was that a moto x track you guys had the caddy on?

Glides
08-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Jeez guys, why all the fucking whining?

Top Gear UK isn't going off the air. If you want to watch that and not this one, use your dickskinners and click the buttons on your remote and watch that one. If you want to give this one a try, do it. It's not rocket science or some kind of hard choice, act like an adult and control your own TV watching. I'll also let you in on a little secret, this is Import Atlanta, not the fucking Nielson Ratings. Nobody here much gives a crap what you watch, so whining about it just makes you look stupid.

Here is the website for the Nielson Ratings, maybe they have a forum on there for you pansies to air your grievances about the new Top Gear America. I'll bet you they care even less what you crybabies watch. Stop shitting on a show you haven't even seen you douche's. Rutroe is doing something that all of you only wish you could do. He's getting paid for doing shit in the Automotive field. He get's to drive cool ass shit, talk to cool ass people and do cool ass things. Stop wish-fucking his thread up and go back to work at QT or the Nissan Dealer or fanboying at the track or whatever it is that you all do.

Rock on Rut!

http://en-us.nielsen.com/

quickdodge®
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
So whitch one of those guys is RutRoe?

He's the guy wearing glasses. Later, QD.

oneSLOWex
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Jeez guys, why all the fucking whining?

Top Gear UK isn't going off the air. If you want to watch that and not this one, use your dickskinners and click the buttons on your remote and watch that one. If you want to give this one a try, do it. It's not rocket science or some kind of hard choice, act like an adult and control your own TV watching. I'll also let you in on a little secret, this is Import Atlanta, not the fucking Nielson Ratings. Nobody here much gives a crap what you watch, so whining about it just makes you look stupid.

Here is the website for the Nielson Ratings, maybe they have a forum on there for you pansies to air your grievances about the new Top Gear America. I'll bet you they care even less what you crybabies watch. Stop shitting on a show you haven't even seen you douche's. Rutroe is doing something that all of you only wish you could do. He's getting paid for doing shit in the Automotive field. He get's to drive cool ass shit, talk to cool ass people and do cool ass things. Stop wish-fucking his thread up and go back to work at QT or the Nissan Dealer or fanboying at the track or whatever it is that you all do.

Rock on Rut!

http://en-us.nielsen.com/

So why cant everyone else have an opinion? If they think its shit, then to them, its shit. Why is that a big deal?

quickdodge®
08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
So why cant everyone else have an opinion? If they think its shit, then to them, its shit. Why is that a big deal?

I think it's the FACT that the opinions given are opinions made before even watching the show.

That's just like saying you can't stand broccoli and you've never even tried it. Later, QD.

oneSLOWex
08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I think it's the FACT that the opinions given are opinions made before even watching the show. Later, QD.

Its all anyone has to go on right now though. I wish something better had been released that could show what its all like. Hopefully we get that soon.

quickdodge®
08-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Its all anyone has to go on right now though. I wish something better had been released that could show what its all like. Hopefully we get that soon.

Taking my analogy, that's like deciding you don't like broccoli because you don't like the smell.

So you mean you can form an opinion for an entire show over a 2 1/2 minute promo bit? Damn you're good. Later, QD.

oneSLOWex
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Taking my analogy, that's like deciding you don't like broccoli because you don't like the smell.

So you mean you can form an opinion for an entire show over a 2 1/2 minute promo bit? Damn you're good. Later, QD.

Im not saying I did, but I am saying that video isn't to my liking, so Ill make my judgement after the first full episode airs.

quickdodge®
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
so Ill make my judgement after the first full episode airs.

That's how it should be done. And even then, if I can elaborate, I wouldn't make a full judgment after one show. A new show can sometimes not live up to what you want in it's first episode or two, you know? There will be bugs and kinks to work out. I've passed on many a show because I didn't like it it's inception. Example for me would be CSI. I love the shit out of that show. But I didn't start watching it until about 2 years ago. Now I've seen every episode since the beginning.

But at least give it an episode (like you said) before beginning judging procedures. Good call, dude. Later, QD.

Browning151
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I'll hold full judgement until I've actually seen a couple of shows. It's hard to judge by just a small trailer what the chemistry of the show will actually be like, but I will say the trailer wasn't terribly impressive. Good luck to Rut though, I'd love to have his job.

Glides
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
And VOILAH!!!!! Brains are being used.

You see Slow, what people are doing is basically this. They are looking at a photo of the back of a strangers head and saying, "Fuck that guy, I hate him"
Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

All anyone is asking is to give it a chance, just as you would anything else. Too many people just come in here and bash shit when they have no clue what they are talking about. Ignorance compounded by the ability to type. Welcome to IA.

Captain-Obvious™
08-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Judging from the trailer it looks terrible. That's just my opinion of the trailer. I hope the show is better when I watch it.

Okie_doke.
08-12-2010, 03:49 PM
And VOILAH!!!!! Brains are being used.

You see Slow, what people are doing is basically this. They are looking at a photo of the back of a strangers head and saying, "Fuck that guy, I hate him"
Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

All anyone is asking is to give it a chance, just as you would anything else. Too many people just come in here and bash shit when they have no clue what they are talking about. Ignorance compounded by the ability to type. Welcome to IA.

I just don't like Tanner Foust is all I'm saying

smoknlegend
08-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Alot of people have judged books by their cover and only found out later that they missed something really good.

Im going to reserve judgment until after a few shows. Chemistry isnt built instantly, so im sure it will take a few episodes before everyone really gets comfortable enough with each other.

I hope maybe one day to see an american MPV (read minivan) oval race either on dirt or asphalt. That i think would be fun.