PDA

View Full Version : 96 honda civic not getting GAS!!!

PiGeOn
08-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey I put in a JDM D15B in my 96 Honda civic ex...car started up and drove fine for the first week...then after i noticed that the car started bogging as if it was not getting fuel...then the next day car would sound like it wants to start but doesnt...it turns over but wont stay on...i changed out fuel pump...fuel filter...and even main relay and still nothin...cranks but wont start...i got spark and gas in the tank...please IA help me out here...checked to see if gas comes to the fuel filter and no there is no gas coming thru...is it cause my lines could be clogged...lmk please...

94_teg_ls
08-07-2010, 09:35 PM
how is your ground above the t stat housing

PiGeOn
08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
i guess its good...cause if i spray starter fluid into the throttle body...it will crank up and stay on till all the starter fluid is burned off...but ill give it a look...

jdmalltheway
08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
use a fuel pressure gauge to see if you have any pressure and try disconnecting your fuel line where it connects to your fuel regulator and turn your key on to see if there is any fuel, make sure you have something to hold your fuel incase there is fuel coming out of the fuel line. if there is fuel, mean there is no clog and check your injectors.

PiGeOn
08-08-2010, 12:54 AM
alright ill give it a try tomorrow...thanks for the help...ill keep u posted on how it is...

all-mota
08-08-2010, 11:05 AM
how much fuel is in the car?

it's possible the clamps on the hose connected to the fuel pump inside the tank have loosened up and it is sucking air into the line when the fuel level gets below the pump.

xero_xero
08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
agreed with the fuel pump clamps, agreed with the Thermostat housing ground.

check to see the spark on the spark plugs, if it is a blue or white then it is good, if you get a yellowish color then it is spark related even though you have spark.
you have checked your main relay, and replaced the fuel pump. try to see if you are getting fuel to the filter and through the filter.

you may need to take an air hose and blow your lines out (remove the fuel filter and cover engine end with a rag and a zip tie). use a white cloth to see the particulate that comes through the line.