PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV THE ROAD - Saddest movie I can remember

Drummerboy
08-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Trying to catch up on my backlogged collection of movies that I've bought or downloaded and haven't watched. I have about 150 to go, lol.

Just got around the "The Road". Apparently it's based off a novel, which is even more bleak than the movie. I love post-apocalyptic movies though so I thought this would be great for me. WRONG, *SPOILER*

I was freaking out everytime the kid touched the gun because I thought he was going to blow his own head off! Over all the movie has a really deep message. I read one review that said it was about "the end of civility, not civilization." That really makes sense after watching it.

Has anyone else seen this movie? Thoughts? Likes, dislikes? Discuss.

91LudeSiT
08-06-2010, 12:05 AM
I to have a thing for end of the world movies, and this one was so depressing I wanted to kill myself after watching it.

00 blk G20t
08-06-2010, 04:12 AM
yeah i like end of the world flicks too.....i have been hooked ever since i was young on them. z for zachariah was always my favorite book growing up. i think i read it cover to cover about 20+ times now. (its a easy read book, your constantly flipping pages cause the words are bigger than a normal novel.

Drummerboy
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Mad max, Road warrior, Water World, Book of Eli, Escape from New York, I am Legend, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil(s), Sex in the City 2 :ninja:

All are great end of the world movies.