PDA

View Full Version : what ohm sub do i need... thanks

onebadgt
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
so as stated in my other thread i know that to get all the power from my amp. kicker 1500.1 i would need a 4 ohm single sub. but if i run 2 subs would i want 2 dual 4 ohm subs or 2 dual 2 ohms and y? thanks

DynamicSound
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Two save time and save multiple threads, go to this link and enter the subs. This will give you your rating...

http://bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

onebadgt
08-04-2010, 04:58 PM
ya it may be easy but i wasnt sure where to enter what. im just about to purchase 2 subs, and wanna know which way the subs would get all the amps power. if i have 2 4ohm or 2 ohm subs. anyone know? thanks

DynamicSound
08-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Basically, the Kicker amp puts out most of it's power at 2ohm. So if you were running 2 subs, then you want dual 2ohms. Each sub wired in parallel will drop them to 1ohm each. Then wire the subs together in series and you will receive 2ohm. Or reversed...doesn't matter.

onebadgt
08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
from what i was told the kicker amp is not 1 ohm stable. it makes the 1500 at 2 ohms

DynamicSound
08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
from what i was told the kicker amp is not 1 ohm stable. it makes the 1500 at 2 ohms

Yes, I was being retarded...updated.

xero_xero
08-04-2010, 08:30 PM
if you run 2 ohms, you can run two 4 ohm subs in parallel, which will give you 2 ohms. if you wire them in series it will give you 8 ohms.

if you run 2 ohm subs, you can only run one sub.

you can continue this process and add as many subs as needed by matching the wiring. you may also need to wire for which fase your subs need to be in (subs pointing the opposite direction of others)

here is a simple pic of how series and parallel are wired. just ignore the volts.

http://www.bass-guitar-info.com/image-files/series_parallel_speakers.jpg

onebadgt
08-04-2010, 08:43 PM
so dynamic says i need 2ohm subs, and ^ says i need 4 ohm subs. im confused lol

DynamicSound
08-04-2010, 10:06 PM
IT depends on if it is single or dual. If the subs are dual voice coils, you need dual 2ohms subs. If the sub is a single voice coil, you need 4ohm subs.

redgst97
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I would suggest telling the store your are buying from what amp you have, and they should be able to get you set up with the right impedance subs.
Even if the store does not sell Kicker, they can easily look up the specs on that amp, and get you going.

If they store you are buying from cannot figure that out, then go to a different store.

sina518
08-05-2010, 12:29 AM
IT depends on if it is single or dual. If the subs are dual voice coils, you need dual 2ohms subs. If the sub is a single voice coil, you need 4ohm subs.

your an idiot and don't belong in car audio. lets start with the basics, its a kicker 1500.1 lets assume its a kicker zx1500.1 this amp is only stable down to 2 ohms.. 750 watts @ 4ohms and 1500 watts @ 2 ohms. so realistically assuming he purchases a dual voice coil sub, which is highly recommended he would need a dual 4 ohm sub allowing him to run the sub at 2 ohms and this would give the sub 1500 watts which is perfect because that is the most his amp will put out so why not use that power? now if he was to do what you recommend and get a dual 2 ohm sub well this would allow him to wire the sub @ 1 ohm (which wont work because the amp is not 1 ohm stable) or he can wire the sub at 4 ohms which in return the amp will feed it half the power which is half of what the amp is capable of. Now the only time i would recommend this is if he was buying a woofer that couldn't handle a lot of power. but at that point what is the reasoning behind having a 1500 watt amp? Right?

DynamicSound
08-05-2010, 09:46 AM
your an idiot and don't belong in car audio. lets start with the basics, its a kicker 1500.1 lets assume its a kicker zx1500.1 this amp is only stable down to 2 ohms.. 750 watts @ 4ohms and 1500 watts @ 2 ohms. so realistically assuming he purchases a dual voice coil sub, which is highly recommended he would need a dual 4 ohm sub allowing him to run the sub at 2 ohms and this would give the sub 1500 watts which is perfect because that is the most his amp will put out so why not use that power? now if he was to do what you recommend and get a dual 2 ohm sub well this would allow him to wire the sub @ 1 ohm (which wont work because the amp is not 1 ohm stable) or he can wire the sub at 4 ohms which in return the amp will feed it half the power which is half of what the amp is capable of. Now the only time i would recommend this is if he was buying a woofer that couldn't handle a lot of power. but at that point what is the reasoning behind having a 1500 watt amp? Right?

You are a fucking complete idiot and do not deserve to breathe. Learn to read and shut the fuck up. This is for 2 subs...not one.

sina518
08-05-2010, 12:54 PM
obviously you figured out that i was only talking about one sub, sorry i didnt read, i just knew brian had one t3 sub that blew so i assumed that he was gonna replace it with 1 Brand x woofer... but since im such an idiot and dont deserve to breathe im sorry i insulted you.

but since we are on buddy buddy terms now why is it that all the builds that are done by ( DYNAMIC SOUNDS) which is located in norcross.. also claimed to be done by AMI CREATIONS Which is Located in Acworth? just curious, im sure this just goes back to me being a idiot.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147

DynamicSound
08-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Mike (AmiCreations) is our box builder/system builder. He is moving all of his stuff to our location within the next few weeks...currently working out of his house.

sina518
08-05-2010, 02:57 PM
gotcha

onebadgt
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
man this thread got some action, thanks for all the info guys. and sina, no worries, u know where ya were coming from. ill make you guys a deal, yall should box. ill ref and winner can do my next big install. lol just kiddin

xero_xero
08-05-2010, 09:19 PM
as long as you got the information....

sina518
08-06-2010, 12:36 AM
man this thread got some action, thanks for all the info guys. and sina, no worries, u know where ya were coming from. ill make you guys a deal, yall should box. ill ref and winner can do my next big install. lol just kiddin

BOX? :) as long as we dont have to wear gear and head contact in involved!