PDA

View Full Version : General Chat a question for people with honda experience. AKA half of AI.com.. lmao

Hatmanafro
08-03-2010, 09:22 PM
so i drive a maxima.. (the on ein the sig. duhh)
and its kind of a dead end when it comes to modding it.
so im kind of interested in hondas. they look like really fun project cars while still being very fuel efficient DD.

one thing that i wanted to ask the honda crowd is. are hondas easy to work on?
i mean. i dont want to be a n00b and assume just because they have little 4 bangers theyre easy to work on.. i know that the answer to that question has alot to do with my personal experience and i have a pretty good idea of how everything works i just dont have as much hands on experience on cars as i would like.

ive learned alot from working on my maxima so im just curious if hondas are n00b friendly cars. lmao.

ohh btw.. i know its wrong thread and everything.. but ahh.. is anybody interested in a trade? haha

quickdodgeŽ
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
AI.com? Never heard of it. Later, QD.

Z0_o6
08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
there is a very good reason that they are referred to as easy cars.

don't let it fool you. ferrari's are easier.

00 blk G20t
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
the thing i think people like so much about hondas is the parts interchangeability. building a entire car out of a catalog can easily be done. there is just so much aftermarket support for hondas and typically people call building one like "playing with building blocks" i understand where this comes from because most modified honda drivers are young. make no mistake though. some of these people have enough money tied up in a civic to buy a high end sports car.they do it for the underdog, they do it for the love of building what they want.

at the end of the day, does it matter what canvas a artist uses as long as the art is selling and the car is fast? while it may be easier to follow the crowd and use the same car that everyone else is using many people love cars for cars. i respect a well built civic the same way i despise a poorly modified ferrari.

to answer your question though.....hondas dont really need any special maintenance or any need to ever work on them when they are young. thats one of the reasons they hold value so well. uber low maintenance and extraordinary gas mileage.

with all the information on the internet about building them literally nothing you cant do. even make it RWD with a s2000 motor if you wish and your pockets are deep enough.

Hatmanafro
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM
AI.com? Never heard of it. Later, QD.

still maneged to look like a noob... smh

Hatmanafro
08-04-2010, 06:57 AM
the thing i think people like so much about hondas is the parts interchangeability. building a entire car out of a catalog can easily be done. there is just so much aftermarket support for hondas and typically people call building one like "playing with building blocks" i understand where this comes from because most modified honda drivers are young. make no mistake though. some of these people have enough money tied up in a civic to buy a high end sports car.they do it for the underdog, they do it for the love of building what they want.

at the end of the day, does it matter what canvas a artist uses as long as the art is selling and the car is fast? while it may be easier to follow the crowd and use the same car that everyone else is using many people love cars for cars. i respect a well built civic the same way i despise a poorly modified ferrari.

to answer your question though.....hondas dont really need any special maintenance or any need to ever work on them when they are young. thats one of the reasons they hold value so well. uber low maintenance and extraordinary gas mileage.

with all the information on the internet about building them literally nothing you cant do. even make it RWD with a s2000 motor if you wish and your pockets are deep enough.

okay man i hear you. this makes me want to go for it more.

Elbow
08-04-2010, 07:03 AM
If you can't work on a Honda you shouldn't even be into cars. NOTHING is complicated on a Honda. They're made for idiots.

Get a E30 BMW, they're 20x faster and still as reliable and easy to work on like a Honda, plus RWD.

Hatmanafro
08-04-2010, 04:10 PM
If you can't work on a Honda you shouldn't even be into cars. NOTHING is complicated on a Honda. They're made for idiots.

Get a E30 BMW, they're 20x faster and still as reliable and easy to work on like a Honda, plus RWD.

ive never worked on a honda.. thats why i was asking. lol. do E30s have the aftermarket backing a honda does?
and i havent looked but i woudldnt expect to find an e30 for as cheap as a honda..

trade offer still up :D

jmotley
08-09-2010, 11:15 PM
i believe what he's saying is..if you get/mod a honda you must be an idiot. yeah...that hsv-010 sure is ugly and way much too slow.

Z0_o6
08-10-2010, 12:23 AM
honda... idiot....

I'm offended Simon. OBVIOUSLY it was a blanket statement intended to be taken out of context. YOU BASTARD.

RL...
08-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Have you seen the engine bay of a civic!? Hell yeah those things are easy to work on.

Genji-Sama
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM

You sir just earned reps for life from me!!! :goodjob:

To the OP tho honda's are a good platform for noobs, you still have to deal with all the haters, examples above. And yeah you can buy an E30 for about the same price as a 94 honda, but they're uglier IMO and they don't have nearly the aftermarket support.

redciv1
08-11-2010, 08:10 PM
You can call them easy or whatever you want to I love Honda's . One of the only manufactures out there with parts interchangeable with aftermarket. Come on now. A J-series ina CRX...may not be pratical, but impressive. I did a 1 to 1 switch on my 95 Civic coupe. First engine swap I had done. Then I did a H22 Prelude swap on a 93 Accord. Just changed the timing belt and water Pump on my Legend. Love them. Enough forums and DIY's to do anything you want...ANYTHING.

driftORdrag
08-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Hondas are extremely simple to work on. I don't really think of them as the underdog but more as the easy way out. There aren't many things you can do the them now-a-days that hasn't already been done. Even though that is the same with many other platforms and you didn't ask all of that I can only give you advice that I wish I was told before I got mine. If you want to build something "unique" don't get a honda. But if you want to just look at someones build thread on Honda-Tech and copy it and know what to expect already by all means go ahead.

Hatmanafro
08-20-2010, 11:35 PM
kinda forgot my own thread.. lolz. but i appreciate the responce guys.. makes me want a DA pretty bad..

any trades?... haha

crazystang25
08-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I just love how light the 92' cx hatch is, I know the del sol's are lighter but im not a big del sol guy. Besides my eg hatch I had before I wrecked it weighed in at around 2300 lbs with me and a full tank of gas in it. So at race weight with about 2-3 gallons of fuel instead of 12 gallons would put me somewhere between 2000-2100 lbs, and thats a big difference in such a small car.

bullet67
08-21-2010, 06:35 PM
my opinion hondas are very easy to work once you get all the factory plastic out of the way of course then its all up to you and how you have it set up my del sol for an example i can rip apart and put it back together in a matter of hours depending on the mod. engine in and out in a probably six again depending on the mods. if you want fuel efficiency they rock. also 4cylinders built right pack a huge punch.

good luck,

x_doug_x
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
hondas are the elementry into modding cars. easiest cars i ever worked on.

Echonova
08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
hondas are the elementry into modding cars. easiest cars i ever worked on.But yours blew up...

Just Sayin'

x_doug_x
08-21-2010, 11:12 PM
lol, i pinched a ring when i put it together but used it anyways, there was blowby on the cylinder i found out recently, i never really checked it till i was putting the nitrous on, the car didn't really smoke or anything. at that point i said well the motor needs rebuilt mines well blow it and rebuild it, to be honest, if it hadn't blowed i'd have been too lazy to pull it and replace that ring.

it was kinda a motivator.

i got a street bike and mustang to drive while the heads being machined and i'm waiting on the gaskets/piston rings to come in the mail.

bullet67
08-22-2010, 10:04 PM
human laziness is astounding, i myself blew an engine just so id feel justified in replacing it. rings were going so i thought the hell with it time to die d15! foot+gas=boom

Bacon
08-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Not much I can say that hasn't been said already other than don't add nitrous if you are leaking oil past your rings. Some dumba......ohai x_doug_x. Didn't see ya there....:ninja:

x_doug_x
08-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Not much I can say that hasn't been said already other than don't add nitrous if you are leaking oil past your rings. Some dumba......ohai x_doug_x. Didn't see ya there....:ninja:

this post was irrelivent to this thread. on that note, don't pretend you own a car that belongs to your daddy and you've stated it in previous posts.

Bacon
08-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Take it to your thread in the WL dumbass. I never mentioned I owned the car.

x_doug_x
08-23-2010, 01:29 AM

this post didn't keep it in that thread? don't tell me what to do either punkboy. i don't drive daddys cars.