PDA

View Full Version : ITR TRANNY HELP!!!!

JDMJESSIE
08-02-2010, 10:28 AM
ok i have a itr tranny in my car, i was coming home from work an was just cruising in the highway in 5th gear. so when i got to the exit, i had a slit problem getting my car into neutral. then i couldn't get the car into 2 or 1. i could only get it in to 3 or 4. so when i got home, i tried getting it into rev but it wouldn't work ether. one thing i notice was that my shifter was very loose. i check all the bolt an bitch pen. but everything was in its place. if anyone can help me finding out the problem. or just give me a hint on what to look for would be appreciated. thanx

Bacon
08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
that sounds internal like synchros or something.

JDMJESSIE
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
that sounds internal like synchros or something.

someone told me that maybe its the gear selector?

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Judging that it was super hard to get into and out of gear, i would check the clutch hydraulics, almost as if the clutch is not properly disengaging/engaging.

JDMJESSIE
08-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Judging that it was super hard to get into and out of gear, i would check the clutch hydraulics, almost as if the clutch is not properly disengaging/engaging.

yeah it was slightly hard but its not hard to get it into 3-4 with no problem. the clutch is brand new but will check it out. thanx

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
The clutch may be brand new but the hydraulics may be out of adjustment, Or you have no fluid in your trans and its slowly locking up some of the needle bearings.

JDMJESSIE
08-03-2010, 09:07 AM
The clutch may be brand new but the hydraulics may be out of adjustment, Or you have no fluid in your trans and its slowly locking up some of the needle bearings.

all the fluids are fine an when that happened, my shifter moves 360' degrees! so i think its something that has to do with the shift linkage.

JDMJESSIE
08-03-2010, 09:09 AM

all the fluids are fine, but my shifter move alot an i can move it 360' degrees.