PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods I need alot of help on a lsvtec build

TakeItEazzy
08-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Kind of new to ia so i dont know if i should post this on this thread but here it go anyway.
I have just got this shell with a ls motor and tranny; I was planning to buy a b16 head to go for vtec. So the question would be what should i use for internal for the block and head so that it would be good if i would like to go boosted later?? I mostly just need help on what is mantory n good for me to go boosted later. Appreciate your time

all-mota
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
it really depends on what your goals are leter down the road

TakeItEazzy
08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Well later down the road i just want to go boosted and be reliable

all-mota
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
i mean power goals that will make a big difference in the parts you need

TakeItEazzy
08-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Truly man idk, jus trying to get pretty close to 300 hp is my main goal

Berta
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
should have posted this in the boosted section if you want to go boost. golden eagle makes a oil filter sandwich plate that will give you a oil prt to feed the head, and can T off that to feed your future turbo. but you ought to think of maybe eagle rods, forge pistons, springs/retainers, and the fuel setup to deliver the power that you desire. if you want 300whp, you could always run 750cc injectors and that will allow for growth later on from there. for 300whp, you dont have to get crazy with the build. and it will be reliable.

Bacon
08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Before you do anything, do your research and see how people built their motors. You can boost on stock rods and crank but the pistons are recommended to be changed. Tuning is where you don't want to skimp out. You can build a motor with 20+ pounds of boost and still be reliable as long as it's tuned properly; likewise with an all motor LSV build. Tune it right and it will last. Become friends with Honda-Tech and Google.

SPOOLIN
08-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Pistons: Arias, Wiseco, Manley, JE

Rods: Eagle, Manley make great h beams for 350 or less.

do you know what your goals are yet lol....what about budget...do you have a budget?

willard
09-22-2010, 02:43 AM
stay NA

Bacon
10-02-2010, 09:31 PM
stay NA

that's why he posted in this section. :dunno:

nelson9995
10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
IF your not planning on breaking over 300 if you boost in the future and still have a decent NA then I would leave the stock ls pistons in it and get rod bolts head studs.... valve springs and retainer and a mild cam that can be used on boost aswell as NA. this is not too great but is as close as I can come to what you are trying to get... of course this is if you are on a budget if money is not a concern then I would decide right now whether I am doing boost or all motor and go all out.

turbob20
10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
me and a few customers started out with only this to break 300whp! stock ls motor with ARP rod bolts,vtec head of your choice,450-560cc dsm injecors from turbo talon,eclipse or 560s from an evo with driver box from older civic/integra obdo car, the 450ccs net around 275+whp at about 90% duty cycle and the 560ccs go to around 335+whp,and i recommend head studs cause some of us got head lift some didnt i ran em so i didnt!lol. stock head gasket.stock valve train,valves and springs and stuff are good for pretty high hp numbers. and most importantly get chipped n tuned mine was done by scotty at mainstream and tuned on crome gold! good luck and remember research,research,research! also you can do this even with all stock parts but will be more reliable this way if your funds permit!