PDA

View Full Version : General Chat TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW. Lost interest, Another one of those threads

redciv1
07-31-2010, 05:17 PM
So a couple of years back I sold my H22 swaped CB7. Wanted to take a break from projects and working on cars all the time. Bought a 1995 Legend. Always loved the classic styling and fully equipped interior. 2 years later and 50K miles later, I have lost interest in the Legend.
I thought about doing a mild cosmetic upgrade with bodykit and wheels/tires and suspension but just lost interest. Another thing is that the Legend is automatic and I am tired of automatics. I need a manual. Looking for something about $2000 so I can sell the Legend and use the funds for the new vehicle. List so far.
- E36's but that price range is not much or stuff that needs some work.
-SC300/400 Hard to find manual and same as E36
-Suburban(mid 90's) Always wanted a dropped and wheeled up Suburban
-Legend Coupe Love the styling with manual
-E30
-Miata-1st gen
-300ZX-2nd gen

Elbow
07-31-2010, 07:41 PM
E30, looks better than the E36, cheap, cheaper than a Civic to maintain, they never die, etc.

VIP Style
08-01-2010, 06:58 PM
good suggestion, but those legend coupes are pretty slick too. especially with a manual tranny.
E30, looks better than the E36, cheap, cheaper than a Civic to maintain, they never die, etc.

40th GT
08-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Miata, or a first gen RX7. The Miata would probably be cheaper to own though.

redciv1
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Those are some good suggestions. I forgot about my Caveat, I have two kids that enjoy riding with Daddy. Although the wife did say something Sporty. I really do like those Miata's and the E30's, I had always heard were much wayyyy easier to work on than the E36's. If easier than a Civic then I can't imagine. And then their's my 2dr. brother the Legend Coupe. What is it with Honda and manuals being so rare.
BTW, I pretty much thru out the Suburban. Checked the consumerguide report on one of those and the gas mileage was unbelieveable. Avg 11-15mpg, they were able to get 10 on a mix loop with a 41 gallon tank. I drive 110 miles roundtrip to work, so with gas being 2.55/gallon now, that would be roughly $200/week to make it to work. As opposed to my nearly $80/week now. I'll have to pass. Any more info on the E30's?

l Gizzy l
08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Miata man, with a little bit of money, they can be MONSTERS. Not hard to find a manual too, but the Price might be a problem.............Legend is worth more than 2k isnt it?

40th GT
08-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah Miatas in good condition are worth $3k+. But that goes for a lot of cars.

redciv1
08-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Miata man, with a little bit of money, they can be MONSTERS. Not hard to find a manual too, but the Price might be a problem.............Legend is worth more than 2k isnt it?

I'm being realistic with the Legend. The car has 248K miles and counting with typical front seats that need covering and a loe tap from the previous owner. Car still looks good but being realistic on Legend. I think that is one thing that I hate about the Legend crowd is wanting way too much money for the cars. Yes we are enthusiasts, but $4-6K for a Legend coupe a 15 y/o car just seems unrealistic. Sorry for the rant. Was looking at the E30's and not bad. Don't know if i can swing the Miata things with the kids and all.

Captain-Obvious™
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Good luck finding a suburban that's manual. It's not impossible, but very rare.

AnthonyF
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Look further down the road with the type of vehicle you want to own and see if you will be bored with it. I've bought a few cars and immediately got bored. :( There aren't many cars out there that can hold my interest.

-Ant.

40th GT
08-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Well if you need something with back seats you could always try a Mustang. And no I'm not biased because I was the first to mention the Miata.

redciv1
08-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Look further down the road with the type of vehicle you want to own and see if you will be bored with it. I've bought a few cars and immediately got bored. :( There aren't many cars out there that can hold my interest.

-Ant.

I feel you on that Ant. I have owned alot of cars and the Legend was one of the cars I always wanted. Yeah Suburban not happening, I drive too far to work. Hard to find a good daily that you can still be comfortable with and mod. Not really a Mustang guy, no particular reason why. My wife said to get what I want. I forgot to add the 90-96 300Z. Really pricy though. Still looking.

redciv1
08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
2+2 for the Z. I really like that partiuclar model.

Elbow
08-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Don't get a 300ZX...total shit.

redciv1
08-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Don't get a 300ZX...total shit.
Ok, so if you make a statement like that, then you have to back it up with some evidence. Example. I will not buy another Chrysler Dodge product. Owned a 04 Concorde for 2 years and went thru 2 trannies windows off track and a front end that went thru tires like crazy. Friend had a 300M and basically the same thing with his car. I need things ike that said.

87 Turbo II
08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok, so if you make a statement like that, then you have to back it up with some evidence. Example. I will not buy another Chrysler Dodge product. Owned a 04 Concorde for 2 years and went thru 2 trannies windows off track and a front end that went thru tires like crazy. Friend had a 300M and basically the same thing with his car. I need things ike that said.

A Z32 300Zx is a nice car, but they're packaged like sardine cans. Even simple jobs will have you taking apart half of the car. Some of the hardest cars to work on due to their packaging. They also get costly pretty quick, the cars were $40K+ new, so the parts reflect being that of a flagship car.

Blitanicle99
08-26-2010, 07:08 AM
E36 all the way. Great great car to build. Fairly easy to work on, I have huge hands and arms and I can get my hands in places... (that sounds dirty) in an E36 that I cant get in Hondas. Parts are more expensive yes, but there's usually a reason.
b
Euro cars have... Soul to them. Hondas... More of a Japanese blender with some gauges maybe an odd tow hook.

redciv1
08-26-2010, 11:39 AM
E36 all the way. Great great car to build. Fairly easy to work on, I have huge hands and arms and I can get my hands in places... (that sounds dirty) in an E36 that I cant get in Hondas. Parts are more expensive yes, but there's usually a reason.
b
Euro cars have... Soul to them. Hondas... More of a Japanese blender with some gauges maybe an odd tow hook.

Interesting, very interesting.

redciv1
08-28-2010, 09:37 AM
OK so out of left field, my resources find a 99 Saab 9-3 5spd. it's the 2.0L turbo 4. Car has 126K on the clock with a blown head gasket. $150 bucks. Car is SUPER clean, no dents or dings. Trying to source engine or get head gasket work done. Pics to follow.