PDA

View Full Version : The not so "mighty" miata lol

Squirrley
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
i got a 94 miata, with the BP 1.8
i have an injen intake, 2 inch exhaust, a torsen LSD, and a stage 3 clutch with a lightweight flywheel.
i wanna keep building it up.
i cant really find anything else to do with it, besides boost it.
and i just wanna do more with it before i go that far.

any advice or help?

JITB
07-28-2010, 07:32 PM
building a na bp isnt a cheap project, and it doesnt yield very great results. the bp was made for boost, you cant deny it. what you feel about supercharging it? You have a header? there is a head swap with the 00 miata 1.8 bp you can look into. There is someone selling a 00 miata bp on here for 500$. But like i said the Bp isnt a very good NA motor as far as making power..

Elbow
07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Yep, boost is the way to go for speed in a Miata.

You can easily beat I/H/E GSRs and what not though with a naturally aspirated Miata, that's about it. I still prefer N/A Miatas over boosted ones though.

Squirrley
07-28-2010, 07:52 PM
i almost bought some jackson racing headers for it, but i never ended up getting them,
i was lookin more into, intake manifold, cams,... ya know just other piddly work potentially building it up for boost, i've thought about supercharging it, and its a ell of a lot cheaper than throwing a turbo on it, but im in a split decision right now....
so what are the main differences between my top end and th etop end off the 00? if they are both 1.8's?

Elbow
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Turbo can be done cheap, piece a kit together don't buy a complete kit.

I think the 00 head flows better but I've only done 1.6 Miatas.

Boost it THEN worry about that other stuff. If you want to build it N/A do a stand alone ECU, ITBs, cams, exhaust and have fun.

By the way it's HEADER not headerS.

JITB
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
i almost bought some jackson racing headers for it, but i never ended up getting them,
i was lookin more into, intake manifold, cams,... ya know just other piddly work potentially building it up for boost, i've thought about supercharging it, and its a ell of a lot cheaper than throwing a turbo on it, but im in a split decision right now....
so what are the main differences between my top end and th etop end off the 00? if they are both 1.8's?

Individual throttle bodies,cams etc they all offer for the BP, but its a money pit, and the bp just doesnt open up with that NA.

But if your wanting to build it for boost, its already ready in stock form iron block/forged crank.

And the 00 motor is a 1.8, its just updated and has more aggressive cams, and it also has higher compression

Squirrley
07-29-2010, 04:28 AM
i'll definately look into the other top end..
and peicing together a turbo kit.... woohoo, i tried doing that for the longest time with a t25, i could never get all the parts though

sncracing1
09-09-2010, 06:23 AM
i'll definately look into the other top end..
and peicing together a turbo kit.... woohoo, i tried doing that for the longest time with a t25, i could never get all the parts though

god you are such a idiot....ive been telling you since you got the car to boost it but nope...not hearing it from me...maybe youll listen to the smart people of IA and quit dicking around and just do it already! i can help you get all the parts together whenever your ready to go through with it!

Balls
06-01-2014, 06:28 PM
just put a v8 in it and call it a day

WhiteAccord
06-03-2014, 01:18 AM
2jz/lsx call it a day.