PDA

View Full Version : helppppp my ac wont work...

1siccEJ
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Ok so i bought my car ac was AMAZING no issues very cold and strong.. then one day it just started blowing hot. I took it to a mech. he said it was a fuse and they tried to replace it but it kept blowing.. Ive had issues with fuses blowing like my gauge cluster about 3 times.. See the idiot who had the car before me had led's under it and wires going every where.. he hard wired in an ipod hookup a computer hookup.. its rediculous. I think i found the issue there was a live wire hanging with duct take on it coming straight out of the fuse box. I ripped it out.. but.. WHERE THE HECK IS THE AC FUSE! no where on the ac pannel that has the labeled fuses does it say AC. the compressor fuse under the hood was not there so i replaced it with a 20 which is what i called for. The AC is fully charged No leaks.. Compressor kicks on... where is this fuse and how the hell do i replace it.. im dying here!!!

.:Stirfry:.
07-29-2010, 08:30 AM
what car is it. and are you sure the ac is fully charged there should be no more than 2 lbs of freeon that system.
and if you say the clutch is kicking on from the compressor and the ac is fully charged then you shouldn't have a problem.
put some gauges to it and see what the readings are first.(clutch on compressor must be on)
-but there are several things to check on a ac system.
put some ac die in it and see if its leaking anywhere,
check the orphus tube and see if its clogged up.
jump the High Pressure Switch while the car running and the ac on and see if the clutch kicks on.
check to see if your getting power to both wires on the HPS.