PDA

View Full Version : ef wiring problem. please help!!!

90_sedan
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
i have a 1990 honda civic ex. i put a b18a1 in it about 2 and half months ago. just recently i lost power to my main relay and ecu. i tried putting a new relay in but did nothing. thats when i checked and found out no power is getting to the relay. the main fuse is brand new tho. the fuel pump is not kicking on and im not getting any spark. anyone have any ideas or willing to come check it out? i can pay you. i hate wiring. lol. im trying to get it goin for the show this weekend. thanks to all help.

gsrteg
07-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Check all your fuses in the fuse box, to verify you don't have any blown fuses (if you do, change them with the correct amp fuse). Check the one under the hood and steering wheel dash. Make sure all your grounds are in tact and secured tightly to the body. AND first and foremost, use a voltmeter tester. Make sure you got power running through all your power lines.

Batlground
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
is the ignition switch outputting power to the relay? Does the feed side of the fuse have power? If not then get a wiring diagram and go to work.

Nasty1civic
07-28-2010, 02:35 PM
take it mitchwork they are good with wiring

90_sedan
07-28-2010, 08:14 PM
can a bad ignition switch cause that? cause it is still turnin over. just no ecu.

90_sedan
07-29-2010, 09:46 AM
well i got it to crank up today. i just woke up and thought i'd give it a try. drove it around the neighborhood. came home cut it off. now its doin the same thing again. i guess im goin to hitchike to the show. lol.

dirtragz
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
well i got it to crank up today. i just woke up and thought i'd give it a try. drove it around the neighborhood. came home cut it off. now its doin the same thing again. i guess im goin to hitchike to the show. lol.

thats life ,, full of disappointments

90_sedan
07-29-2010, 10:00 AM
hahah. yep. i've come to find that out.

90_sedan
07-29-2010, 06:35 PM
i got it fixed!!!! my dumb self pulled the wrong relay when i replaced it before. lol. i thught i pulled the main. if i only would've looked about 6 inches higher. thanks for all the help everyone.