PDA

View Full Version : Car on board camera shoot!

dtmcnamara
11-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok how many people have done this before.

Went out to Fry's tody, MY HEAVEN, and got a few things. My goal was to be able to run 4 cameras on a car at the srag strip, without running off the cars battery. We wanted a shot from the top of the car looking forward, on the back bumper looking near the exhaust, since the car we will be taping shoots some nice flames sometimes, inside the car looking out the window, and at the speedo/tach. Sooo...I got a set of 3 bullet SWANN cameras, a SWANN mini 90 degree camera, 3 sticky cam pods, a SWANN DVR, and a CyperPower UPS. I wish I would have though of this sooner, its soooooo damn cool. We run all the cameras into the DVR (digital video recorder) then I run that into a battery poweres 6 inch B&W tv, the sticky pods are all sucked onto the car and then we stuck the 90 degree camera in front of the steering wheel to view everything. Then everything runs off a 780 watt CyberPower UPS. Everything in all weighs about 50lbs so we wont be putting a lot of weight into the car. I will post of all the videos once we go to the drag strip.

So anyone else done this before? If so I would like some pointers I would like to get some better quality camers but can find any small enough. THAKS

ct9a gsr
11-10-2005, 12:38 PM
What car are you mounting all of this on?

Sounds like a very interesting idea... I always wished I had 2 camcorders to get picture-in-picture videos of my car at two different angles.

B16a2 Civic
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
sounds like a good idea

dtmcnamara
11-10-2005, 03:20 PM
well we are going to the track with a built EVO, a 300ish HP STi and a 350 w/ minor bolt ons, intake exhaust and some other little things. The DVR does PIP, we are going to do a PIP with a drivers view of the car and the guage cluster in the bottum right courner. Maybe a pedal view with some drifts also? We will see.

dtmcnamara
11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
if your interested, look into SWANN home security stuff, its all great and I can auctually do 2 pictures in a Picture...also its got motion recording, and soooo much other crap that can be pretty cool if used the right way