PDA

View Full Version : Misc Straight Talk Phones ??

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Right now i have Verizon but i am tired of the $80 a month bill. Also i hate the idea that Verizon is about to end its Unlimited Data plan's :( :2up:
Ive looked at straight talk due to signal coverage is with Verizon network.
Straight talk is also only $45 Unlimited everything Talk+Text+Data+Web.
Anyone have experience with them ?

Elbow
07-23-2010, 01:28 PM
When are they ending their unlimited data plan?

oneSLOWex
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah....and where did you see this on their site?

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 03:17 PM
When are they ending their unlimited data plan?

Yeah....and where did you see this on their site?

Yes i saw it on their site and it is on Aol News also. I called and talked to a sales rep she said i was ok till my Contract was up. After that i would have to pay for my data usage i told her thats GAY! and i would be leaving Verizon then.
Only thing is contract phone company's will not have it any more. Straight talk,Boost and a few others do have unlimitited

oneSLOWex
07-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes i saw it on their site and it is on Aol News also. I called and talked to a sales rep she said i was ok till my Contract was up. After that i would have to pay for my data usage i told her thats GAY! and i would be leaving Verizon then.
Only thing is contract phone company's will not have it any more. Straight talk,Boost and a few others do have unlimitited

ahhh....ive got 13 months left on my contract right now....I will either leave or get something that doesn't do anything except text/call. No unlimited data is fucking dumb.

stillaneon
07-23-2010, 03:28 PM

Sprint Still offers Unlimited Data

And it isn't dumb

Data takes a huge toll on the infrastructure of a phone network... It costs money to keep that up

oneSLOWex
07-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Sprint Still offers Unlimited Data

And it isn't dumb

Data takes a huge toll on the infrastructure of a phone network... It costs money to keep that up

its dumb when you have smart phones that access the internet all the time. i pay an extra $30 a month to use the internet. As much as they charge for service you figure they could make upgrades and be able to handle everything.

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 03:40 PM
its dumb when you have smart phones that access the internet all the time. i pay an extra $30 a month to use the internet. As much as they charge for service you figure they could make upgrades and be able to handle everything.

lol yeah i just have a Dare and i like not paying when i need directions or im somewhere without internet.
I had a Smart PDA phone and i sold that bitch within a month i said fuck that.
Sprint is assholes i had them years ago and service sucked ass and i was harassed by reps and extra charges always.

oneSLOWex
07-23-2010, 03:48 PM
lol yeah i just have a Dare and i like not paying when i need directions or im somewhere without internet.
I had a Smart PDA phone and i sold that bitch within a month i said fuck that.
Sprint is assholes i had them years ago and service sucked ass and i was harassed by reps and extra charges always.

I have had or people in my house have had every service available here...and you wont find anything better as far as phones and service go when it comes to Verizon. Hell there are 2 sprint phones in my house right now and they ALWAYS have problems with service or the phone itself.

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I have had or people in my house have had every service available here...and you wont find anything better as far as phones and service go when it comes to Verizon. Hell there are 2 sprint phones in my house right now and they ALWAYS have problems with service or the phone itself.

Yeah it all comes down to the red map they can't beat it lol
This is why i like Straight talk cause it is on Verizons network and just as good just non contract.

stillaneon
07-23-2010, 04:21 PM

You have Phone issues, not service issues. Sprint and Verizon have almost identical footprints due to roaming agreements.

Boost still has the best deal going though in wireless

chris89hatch
07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
MetroPcs!!!!

Elbow
07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
So I have a Blackberry that requires the use of their unlimited data package...that will expire and I will pay for everything I do on that?

If so..LMFAO.

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
So I have a Blackberry that requires the use of their unlimited data package...that will expire and I will pay for everything I do on that?

If so..LMFAO.

Yes you will have to pay EXAMPLE: $10=5mb $25=50mb $50=1GB etc....but NO unlimited
The PDA phones like black berries it will hurt the most due to always sending and receiving info. It sucks ass thats all i know :(:(:(:(

Elbow
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Well then I'm not paying shit.

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Well then I'm not paying shit.

Yeah me and the wife decided an hour ago we are switching to Straight talk and porting our numbers lol
Id rather pay $45 and use their BB and unlimited EVERYTHING :)

chris89hatch
07-23-2010, 05:09 PM
metropcs has a smart phone plan unlimited everything for 50

-EnVus-
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
metropcs has a smart phone plan unlimited everything for 50

I had a metro POS before and it didnt have service any where hell i was in the Metro pcs store and didnt have service.