PDA

View Full Version : Misc Computer issues.. need help... argh.

Doppelgänger
11-10-2005, 09:17 AM
So i dont know who did what on my home computer. Now its running at almost %100cpu useage . Task Mgr is showing that explorer.exe is always running like 90-95%. But sometimes its drops randomly down to normal, around 4-10%. So windows explorer is processing something.. but i dont know how to find it. I'm also getting pop-ups now recently that i have never gotten before. And sometimes i get a message when i try to open programs on the desktop saying there are "insufficent resources" to start blah blah blah... and it'll happen to anything i try to open.

Oh and everywebsite i go to, email anything.. random words are underlined and linked to a search site... how do i find whats causing that ?

Any ideas here? I have Norton.. but when you click on it... nothing happens.

4dmin
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
You need to get it into safe mode and run \/ also something else you can try is end Explorer and then start Explorer

SpyBot v1.4 (scan spyware)
http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1043809773/1/spybotsd14.exe

McAfee FreeScan (scan for virus)
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9914

Stinger (scan for virus)
\/ below

deffro
11-10-2005, 10:01 AM
+1..... Sounds like yo have a vicious case os spywareitis

tybalt6691
11-10-2005, 12:24 PM
try www.trendmicro.com

Type-R
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
+1..... Sounds like yo have a vicious case os spywareitis

Yup

if it is only doing that while you're connected to the net than I'd have to guess it's someone using a backdoor program

Nittanys1
12-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Im having a BIG BIG BIG problem with pop-ups now on my Dell...I remember coming to my comp one morning and my AIM name was signed off but like 15 IM windows were open....and I didnt IM anyone....they didnt IM me either....from then I have been having this problem...

I tried ALL the programs you listed Paul and nothing is working..I did find ALOT of spyware and some trojan horses but I'm still getting more pop-ups. It seems to be growing daily...I even downloaded FireFox to help with the issue of all the indows.......please help!!!

Note: i really didnt was to start a new thread :D

threehundred
12-19-2005, 07:52 AM
get rid of AIM and Yahoo and whatever else and use Trillian. Search for it on www.download.com and read up on it. Its a good program. May help solve your AIM problem Travis

3.5altman
12-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Oh and everywebsite i go to, email anything.. random words are underlined and linked to a search site... how do i find whats causing that ?

yea any idea on how to fix this

ChnkyLao
12-26-2005, 12:29 PM
try deleting cookies and do a spyware check. use a spyware check program like "spysubtract" or something. Norton never picks up spyware for me for some reason.

but my spysubtract program always finds them.