PDA

View Full Version : New car

gtsxtt
07-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Got it a couple of weeks ago. gonna be going to varsity and HIN/NOPI with it. I know it's a saturn. dont hate. 2.2l ecotec engine, good engine.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/IMG_0530.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/IMG_0532.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/IMG_0533.jpg

civic gsr
07-18-2010, 07:44 PM
nice i are this still made of plastic????

jdm eg6
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
not bad looks good.. how the gas milage?

RL...
07-18-2010, 08:16 PM
well what more is there to say....it's a stock saturn.....

gtsxtt
07-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I painted the front and back emblems black. I painted the chrome across the taillights black. Redid the grille. Lowered a little in the front. Tinted windows.

G.C
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
. people on i.a mod/buy the most ugliest/random car in the world. and say at least its different...

gtsxtt
07-19-2010, 09:55 PM
nice i are this still made of plastic????
Yeah, the front fenders and doors are made of plastic.

not bad looks good.. how the gas milage?
Thanks, I avg 30 with hwy and city. I can get 36 hwy if I let cruise control accelerate for me.

gtsxtt
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
G.C You got any examples besides me?

1SICKLEX
07-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice pick up. Keep it clean and don't fall for any dumb trends.

gtsxtt
07-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice pick up. Keep it clean and don't fall for any dumb trends.

Well I'm going to paint the wheels gunmetal until I can afford new wheels. Im also gonna drop the back 1" too. That wouldn't be considered a trend would it?

1SICKLEX
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
No thats fine. Though the wheels are polished now so not sure if you can just spray them.

alex14
07-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Nice car. L-series are lame though. S-series is where its at. ;) Needs a drop, wheels, and exhaust.
Check out sixthsphere.com if you're not already on there. Best Saturn website there is.

Sinfix_15
07-20-2010, 11:16 AM
well what more is there to say....it's a stock saturn.....

This

gtsxtt
07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice car. L-series are lame though. S-series is where its at. ;) Needs a drop, wheels, and exhaust.
Check out sixthsphere.com if you're not already on there. Best Saturn website there is.

Thanks man. S series didnt come with ecotecs though. Sleeper FTW. I plan on supercharging it. It's just the car I was looking for.

Elbow
07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I painted the front and back emblems black. I painted the chrome across the taillights black. Redid the grille. Lowered a little in the front. Tinted windows.

Oh FUCK it's not stock!

Genji-Sama
07-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Ummmm, I saw one of these rolling the other week, that was actually really clean, really kinda shocked me, so I'm eager to see where this goes

Elbow
07-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Ummmm, I saw one of these rolling the other week, that was actually really clean, really kinda shocked me, so I'm eager to see where this goes

Well I mean if he takes it to a detail shop it'll obviously be cleaner than a simple wash. I bet he gets it detailed.

FasTech
07-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Owned a Saturn some time ago. Stock, ugly, and 5-speed. Walked on many stock/mild civic's around. Best kill being a mini-me swapped ej1 with basic bolt-on's.

DeeAOne
07-21-2010, 01:53 AM
all it needs is HERRAFLUSH!

lol. make it look good man.

drewc
07-21-2010, 02:14 AM
wow i am shocked that someone would attempt to fix this car up to each his own i guess

alpine_aw11
07-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Saturns are straight cars man. If they had better aftermarket support things would be a lot different. What are your plans?

Elbow
07-21-2010, 06:23 AM
wow i am shocked that someone would attempt to fix this car up to each his own i guess

Really? What do you drive? A Civic?

alex14
07-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks man. S series didnt come with ecotecs though. Sleeper FTW. I plan on supercharging it. It's just the car I was looking for.
I wish they did. LLo's are great motors too though. Mine had 176k when I sold it and it ran like new.

Saturns are straight cars man. If they had better aftermarket support things would be a lot different. What are your plans?
VERY true. When your aftermarket support is other members on a forum, its pretty difficult sometimes.

SLOWR/T
07-21-2010, 04:56 PM

Did you just say your saturn was a sleeper? :doh:

1. Who's going to race you in grandmas car
2. Who would you out run? A d-series civic? lol

1badgvr4
07-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Really? What do you drive? A Civic? Do you fap while you make stupid comments or jokes about other peoples cars? It just seems like your getting off on saying stupid shit when you don't or have never owned anything worth a fuck.

gtsxtt
07-23-2010, 09:42 AM

I'm gonna go with a Cobalt SS exhaust. not sure what kind yet. I'm also gonna piece together a supercharger kit from an SS. Throw in some cams. If that's not enough then I'll see where it goes after that.

gtsxtt
07-23-2010, 09:48 AM

Yea. I was saying that because the S series did not come with an Ecotec which has way more aftermarket support than the 1.9 that it does have potential to be a sleeper. Right now hell no it is not a sleeper. it's got all of like 120 whp.

VIP Style
07-23-2010, 10:47 AM
its something different, go for it! the saturn sky is a pretty cool car too.

alex14
07-23-2010, 12:05 PM

Pretty sure something is a "sleeper" when you think its a slow P.O.S. car and then it beats you in a race. If I got beat by a Lol 200, it would have to be a sleeper.
1. you act like people wont race anything and everything
2. yes, a d series. there is something about beating civics that Saturn owners love. I know I had a good time beating them in mine. They were always so sad.

gtsxtt
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Just found out today that I can't supercharge it because gm's reflash won't work with my ECU . Now I have to build it n/a or turbo it. I shouldn't run into any problems doing either of those except tuning.

4eGv6o3
07-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Have you considered just saving up for a better car? I don't see the point to put money into it for Turbo, wheels, mods, etc..... Why not save up for a down payment on a much better platform.

gtsxtt
08-18-2010, 07:49 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/Car/PICT0367.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/Car/PICT0368.jpg
Painted the wheels and lowered the back tell me what you think!

Drummerboy
08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Just found out today that I can't supercharge it because gm's reflash won't work with my ECU . Now I have to build it n/a or turbo it. I shouldn't run into any problems doing either of those except tuning.

Why not use AEM EMS? Or any other stand alone.

D3UC3S
08-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Looks alot better.

.:Stirfry:.
08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
timing chains ftw

JRJcrf150f
08-19-2010, 08:12 PM
throw some spinners on that bitch

gtsxtt
08-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Looks alot better.
Thanks. Whenever I was at varsity I didn't get one look so I figured I was the only one that thought it looked better. I mean I understand that there is alot of wayyy better cars there but noone really even glanced. I guess it is only a Saturn.

D3UC3S
08-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Ur just not jumping on the "new fad bandwagon" or whatever it is that kids are doing now. I applaud you for going away from the norm. Just keep it simple and don't make it something that it is not.

VooDooXII
08-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Well...I guess it'd make a good daily driver.

The later versions of these looked pretty good, but to me it's just a Saturn. The fact that it's unconventional (especially the L-series) seems to be its strongest point.

Hatmanafro
08-20-2010, 11:28 PM
slam it, diamond racing rims, stretched tires, roof rack, hella stickers = WIN! :goodjob:

lmao.. do what makes you happy

mackinator
08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
i am actually excited to see how this turns out, i like the car alot

Kasper
08-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Its interesting to see someone come away from the normal. Definitly be careful turboing it. I had a 94 SL2 and i was going to do the same thing. but i was told that the walls on the motor are so thin that you cant bore them at all. and if i boosted it to be very careful cause you'll throw a piston threw the side wall in a heartbeat. Im not sure if it was true or not cause i didnt really keep the car all that long. It started breaking down one thing after another. but good luck to ya man. and enjoy it with whatever you go along with.

jmotley
08-21-2010, 09:48 PM
. people on i.a mod/buy the most ugliest/random car in the world. and say at least its different...

the realest thing you've ever wrote. the stupidity here amazes me sometimes.

jmotley
08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Do you fap while you make stupid comments or jokes about other peoples cars? It just seems like your getting off on saying stupid shit when you don't or have never owned anything worth a fuck.

thank you for standing up against stupidity. reps.

gtsxtt
08-21-2010, 11:43 PM
I might do some small things to the outside like I already started doing, nothing flashy. My goal is to make a fun to drive reliable daily driver. It's already fun to drive, but the other day I got outran by a Durango 5.9r/t of course it is a 14 second SUV. I hope to put down 200-220hp to the wheels. My old Sentra put out around 200-210 to the crank and I was happy with it for a civilized daily driven car. It wasn't slow but it wasn't a race car. Anyone else who wants to call me stupid for even messing around with a Saturn that's fine with me And for the people that don't understand what an Ecotec is, its the same thing that is in a Pontiac solstice, Cobalt SS, Saab 9-3 and the HHR SS. And I'm saving up for another car that is not gonna be my DD. I'm gonna try to not spend too much turboing it but I'm not skimping out and buying cheap parts either.

VIP Style
08-23-2010, 12:34 PM
save up and trade the saturn in for a saturn sky.
I might do some small things to the outside like I already started doing, nothing flashy. My goal is to make a fun to drive reliable daily driver. It's already fun to drive, but the other day I got outran by a Durango 5.9r/t of course it is a 14 second SUV. I hope to put down 200-220hp to the wheels. My old Sentra put out around 200-210 to the crank and I was happy with it for a civilized daily driven car. It wasn't slow but it wasn't a race car. Anyone else who wants to call me stupid for even messing around with a Saturn that's fine with me And for the people that don't understand what an Ecotec is, its the same thing that is in a Pontiac solstice, Cobalt SS, Saab 9-3 and the HHR SS. And I'm saving up for another car that is not gonna be my DD. I'm gonna try to not spend too much turboing it but I'm not skimping out and buying cheap parts either.

gtsxtt
08-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Trade in value isnt that good. sky wouldn't be the most comfortable daily driver. That's one thing that I love about this car it has plenty of room and its comfortable on long drives. sky could be an option for my second car however.

gtsxtt
08-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Its interesting to see someone come away from the normal. Definitly be careful turboing it. I had a 94 SL2 and i was going to do the same thing. but i was told that the walls on the motor are so thin that you cant bore them at all. and if i boosted it to be very careful cause you'll throw a piston threw the side wall in a heartbeat. Im not sure if it was true or not cause i didnt really keep the car all that long. It started breaking down one thing after another. but good luck to ya man. and enjoy it with whatever you go along with.

Yeah man, whenever I turbo it I'm gonna do it the right way either study up on tuning or take it somewhere to get tuned. The Cobalt SS came with the same engine as this just a 2.0 or a 2.4 and it had turbo or supercharger straight from GM. Its a solid engine. I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong but the L-series was the first Saturn to use a Ecotec engine instead of the 1.9 Saturn engine. I'm pretty sure that the sleeves and crank from a 2.4 can be swapped out and you can bore it maybe to a 2.5 but there's not much room to bore.

gtsxtt
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/IMG_0297.jpg http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/IMG_0299.jpg http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/GTsXtT/IMG_0298.jpg new wheels

ChnkyLao
09-27-2010, 06:09 PM
looks alot better with the wheels, need to do something with that corner light it just looks out of place or something is missing,

paint it black under following the lines of the bottom of the head light

maybe even eyelids for the car,

gtsxtt
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah I actually went darker than I wanted to. After I get some reducer and remove all that paint I'm gonna take apart the headlight and smoke the one on the inside of the headlight too, if I don't like that it'll just go back to normal.

VooDooXII
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Oh wow those wheels really set it off! Haha I'm actually surprised at how good the car looks. :goodjob:

gtsxtt
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh wow those wheels really set it off! Haha I'm actually surprised at how good the car looks. :goodjob:

Thanks!

alex14
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I like the wheels. Now just tint the tails and you'll be good to go.