PDA

View Full Version : General Chat cleaning advice

Hatmanafro
07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
so when i went to hooters a few weeks ago to watch ufc 116... GO LESNAR!! btw.. lol
i drove over a puddle of restaurant grease.. this grease got on my paint and i didnt think much of it so i didt clean it off right away.. pretty bad idea but i didnt know any better..
anyways.. now.. a few weeks after the incident the grease just dosent wanna come off.. idk too much about paint and stuff so idk what i can and cant use.. i just wanna get this grease off without damaging my paint or my bank account. lol...
any ideas?

Hektik
07-16-2010, 05:46 PM
try using a little bit of carnuba wax on a microfiber towel and rub a bit, not to hard, but with light pressure..

sr98219
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Try Goo Gone or De-Solv-It, you can get either of these at Walmart and neither will hurt your paint.

Hatmanafro
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
i never updated the thread but i used nail polish remover.. i just got lazy and still havent re waxed the areas i cleaned off.. but yeah. nail polish remover ftw.

driftORdrag
08-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Glad to hear it worked but I wouldn't use or recommend using nail polish remover on car paint.

cjhutch
08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
I hope you used a non acetone nail polish remover. Another easier option would have been to use a high concentration of liquid dish soap like Dawn as a wash solution. Just think about how it cleans grease off pans, it would do the same on your paint. Isopropyl alcohol and a diluted all purpose cleaner would work as well.

Sammich
08-24-2010, 08:20 AM
i would have said purple power it...purple power, mean green, etc are all degreasers...so that with some ajax or dawn dish detergent would have been awesome