PDA

View Full Version : Misc Awsome Group

Tasuki_Civic
03-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I went to that club MJQ last weekend and i saw this group perform ......i think they are underground i dont know. but their name is JET BY DAY. i walked in tha back room where MJQ has a stage and i only got a chance to hear one song called The Vulture and i was sold. these guys are pretty good. they have like 3 cd's and i was wonderin has anyone else heard of them and has ever heard the first 2 cd's cause the third one i bought is sounds pretty damn good to me.

FrnkPwrs
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Thats the club i was trying ot remember! I heard MJQ is tight on thursday! Where can i get more info about it?

Tasuki_Civic
03-31-2005, 12:28 PM
im not sure. i mean on every first friday they hold a show at this place called apache cafe annd from there the people go to MJQ. and every friday its house music, hip hop , rap, r&b, techno, neo soul in one room and the second room is puck rock and the third room is for shows or whatever they play in there. saturdays its jus dance music mixed with neo soul and some other stuff. but any other days i dont know about.

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
damn that shit sounds dope, I used to go to Apache more then church, on Tuesday nights they host Mic Club, basically freestyle battle for the whole night. Nice environment, cool people up there and you can always smoke one in the back LOL

where is MJQ at?

SaraX5
03-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Apache cafe is the best on Tuesdays!! MJQ in my opinion is fun on Fridays where they play mostly hip hop. Saturdays they are more house/techno if you're into that kinda music but I don't know about the other nights really.
MJQ is across the street from Kroger over on Ponce de Leon its in the back of this sorta like shopping center. Most people park at Kroger if theres no spots in that shopping center. I think its like 735 or 736 Ponce de Leon.

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 03:33 PM
damn I'm not too sure where thats at.... how would I get there goin 85 S? I will probably go check this place out tomorrow night....

thinkfast®
03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
PS you remember Ricky Raw, and his whole crew? they were nice on the mic... and that one crazy ass white dude that was tearin up everybody? Elemental MC, thats his name. dude was beatin up fools for like 8 weeks straight! it wasnt even a contest, even had Dres up there crackin up LOL