PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Oil change Best Deal ?

-EnVus-
07-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Who has the best deal on oil changes ?
I usually use Wal-mart $40 Castrol deal but i wanted to see if any others can beat that deal.

silversol
07-12-2010, 01:50 AM
autozone normaly has good deals. For a while they had 5 qts or peak oil and a stp filter for 11.99

-EnVus-
07-12-2010, 01:53 AM
autozone normaly has good deals. For a while they had 5 qts or peak oil and a stp filter for 11.99
Thing is i can't change it myself cause i can't get under my car. Thats why i have to find a place with best deal on oil change service.
I just looked at NTB $18.99 oil change with Pennzoil up to 6qts.

Destineal
07-12-2010, 03:33 AM
no friends to help change your oil? That way you can put decent oil in your whip for a decent price. Contrary to popular belief, you can avoid the rape.

Batlground
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
The cheapest is not always the best.

The cheapest place will use crap oil, crappy filter, you may not even get the oil changed and if you do then they may leave your drain plug or oil filter loose for you.

Capiton23
07-23-2010, 11:58 AM
pep boys has 5 qt mobil 5000 and proline filter for 13$. or 29 for the DIFM customers

blue94eg6
07-25-2010, 09:43 PM
i usually just change my own oil at my buddies shop. i use mobil 1 and mobil oil filter.

slostang
07-25-2010, 09:51 PM
1. Buy a jack
2. Change your own oil
3. Profit

ChnkyLao
07-25-2010, 09:58 PM
dude im in winder, if u need help changing ur oil i can help

-EnVus-
07-25-2010, 11:26 PM
dude im in winder, if u need help changing ur oil i can help

ill keep that in mind for next time thanks.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Thing is i can't change it myself cause i can't get under my car.

Any particular reason you'd like to share? Unless you have a physical ailment, then there is no viable excuse. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
07-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Any particular reason you'd like to share? Unless you have a physical ailment, then there is no viable excuse. Later, QD.
All i have is just a small jack that will only fit under my car if another person lifts the fender.
I also of all tools don't have a filter strap. I usually use a belt with buckle but i lost the one i used.
Oh and im 6'0 325lbs trying to maneuver on my back isn't easy these days :(

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Some of that is easily remedied. As a 25 year "vet" of truly slammed cars, I've found easy ways to improvise the lack of space to insert a jack under the frame rails. Simple enough fix? A brick or block. Drive up on it and PRESTO! The lost part? I don't need to post how to fix that. As far as your physical features, I can understand that and how it might pose a problem. Sucks, though, because I just can't seem to find it in me to trust these oil change places.

Like mentioned above, find a good friend.

-EnVus-
07-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Some of that is easily remedied. As a 25 year "vet" of truly slammed cars, I've found easy ways to improvise the lack of space to insert a jack under the frame rails. Simple enough fix? A brick or block. Drive up on it and PRESTO! The lost part? I don't need to post how to fix that. As far as your physical features, I can understand that and how it might pose a problem. Sucks, though, because I just can't seem to find it in me to trust these oil change places.

Like mentioned above, find a good friend.

Yeah a brick may work id have to buy one seeing how none are laying around lol
Yeah the placed i used i watched closely to make sure old out went out and new in.
Also i always check it over before i leave just to be sure.
My sister got oil changed in her at the time New sebring at Buford, Walmart.
Well when she left it had no oil at all in it they forgot to refill it.
Her dumbass just kept driving till about 8 miles it locked up.

40th GT
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah the NTB deal seems hard to beat. I saw that Carnett's car washes are doing oil changes for around $20 as well. And they use Shell.

msanch24
08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
just dont go to kauffman tire. friend of mine took his gmc denali for an oil change, and the left the engine running without oil in it. long story short, it locked up and its costing him hell in legal fees to get kauffman to pay for it.

Elbow
08-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Who has the best deal on oil changes ?
I usually use Wal-mart $40 Castrol deal but i wanted to see if any others can beat that deal.

Your driveway, that's the best deal.