PDA

View Full Version : Hot Import Nights and NOPI supershow - July 31-Aug 1

Paul
07-08-2010, 08:45 AM
http://hinnopi.com/

NOPI has teamed up with HIN and will be at the Atlanta Motor Speedway; definitely go check this out as this could be the chance to get a decent event back in Atlanta :goodjob:

230760 (http://www.hinnopi.com)

fastlee
07-08-2010, 09:02 AM
does anyone know if like vendors give out good discounts during these shows on parts?

Paul
07-08-2010, 09:21 AM
does anyone know if like vendors give out good discounts during these shows on parts?

i know just from working for a manufacturer that at the end of any event you love to offload shit you don't have to carry home ;)

but i would say most are probably there to show off their product.

Dirty Octopus™
07-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I cant wait for this!

jdmshytyo87
07-08-2010, 11:16 AM
yes in 07 which was the last your i went on sunday the prices dropped alot like 100$ off everything at some and the least i saw was 50% so its good just to go buy parts with out the shipping shi*..:)

Paul
07-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I cant wait for this!

ya man this is going to be awesome

mcwheels
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Dude, I can't wait for this show.

SPOOLIN
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Showing for the fun of it? They still havn't paid the winners from last year.

Paul
07-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Showing for the fun of it? They still havn't paid the winners from last year.

I know at the event we threw w/ NOPI TUNERFEST we paid everyone that needed to get paid.

Paul
07-13-2010, 07:39 AM
ttt

mcwheels
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I like clowns

SPOOLIN
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I know at the event we threw w/ NOPI TUNERFEST we paid everyone that needed to get paid.

im talking about HIN

RL...
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM
yay

silverDA
07-14-2010, 05:30 PM
hi5.

Paul
07-16-2010, 02:23 AM
im talking about HIN

gotcha... either way i'm looking forward to it as we don't get many big events.

jdm eg6
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
im down

gtsxtt
07-18-2010, 02:47 PM
i'll be there

Bacon
07-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I will be there. Car will make its debut that Saturday (not that its anything special....just a swapped Del Sol)

Robinson
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
damn i was going to go until i saw what just happan at the New Jersey Show...

GSRcaucAZN78
07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
damn i was going to go until i saw what just happan at the New Jersey Show...

should be no big surprise as HIN never paid some of their 2009 winners.

veilside240
07-28-2010, 12:12 PM
for $5 off tickets use promo code: ATLNopi

http://hinnopi.com/dsp_ticketlist.php?showid=114

and they did announce the winners at the e-town show:
http://hinnopi.com/cs_dsp_newsart.php?vnid=19

dont believe everything you hear

b16eg
07-28-2010, 01:32 PM

not true. I still have YET to get my NOS drinks...lol.

mcwheels
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Dude, Trophies were handed out. The rain threatened to kill the scoring system so they packed it away. All the winners will get their trophies, those who stayed got them that night (Damn they were loud about it) and the ones who left just need to e-mail the people at NOPI and the trophies will be sent to them at NOPI's expense.

That being said, all the scoring at AMS is done in the Media Center, in the dry, air conditioned indoors area. The only thing that could stop the ATL show is a tornado.... (knocks on wood)

smokeyj
07-29-2010, 12:31 AM
hey I was sent a promo code on myspace saved 5 bux on my ticket i'm going can't wait. Promo Code= MIB
just thought I would spread the love

BITCHING
07-29-2010, 06:06 AM
WHAT SCORING SHIT IF THAY HAD THAT WHY DONT THAY USE IT FOR THE RACING DURING FRIDAY NIGHT DRAGS

ATLchris
07-29-2010, 11:45 AM
what time does it start it again,well the event ,and wat happean at the Jersey show?

alex14
07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I will be there. might as well put the teg in too.

B18c1Turboed
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Dude, Trophies were handed out. The rain threatened to kill the scoring system so they packed it away. All the winners will get their trophies, those who stayed got them that night (Damn they were loud about it) and the ones who left just need to e-mail the people at NOPI and the trophies will be sent to them at NOPI's expense.

That being said, all the scoring at AMS is done in the Media Center, in the dry, air conditioned indoors area. The only thing that could stop the ATL show is a tornado.... (knocks on wood)

Wheres the list of winners posted then?

down_shift
07-29-2010, 10:52 PM
My friends in NJ said as of now no one has received trophies or payouts.

Bacon
07-29-2010, 10:54 PM
what time does it start it again,well the event ,and wat happean at the Jersey show?

Saturday 4-11

Sunday 10-6

RsonGt3's
07-30-2010, 03:47 PM
What if you registered ur car to be in the show what time u gotta show up there

BITCHING
07-30-2010, 11:28 PM
dont look like its going to be much of a show i rode the motels tonight and i did not so but one or two cars .near the speedway

85Zbum
07-31-2010, 12:25 AM
NO SHIT cause the show is tomorrow not tonight. this is gonna be huge! no one cares if you didnt get your money last year! just go out and have a good time! dayumm

down_shift
07-31-2010, 12:38 AM
NO SHIT cause the show is tomorrow not tonight. this is gonna be huge! no one cares if you didnt get your money last year! just go out and have a good time! dayumm

10 years ago all those motels would have been sold out and the streets filled with cars and trucks the night before the show. I'm sure the crowd will be pretty small.

BITCHING
07-31-2010, 01:22 AM
THE LAST REAL NOPI IT WAS PACKED @ ALL THE MOTELS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW

itsme
07-31-2010, 02:30 AM

i second that

blown_ss
07-31-2010, 06:58 AM

true,true. im going this year but i dont think its going to be anything like the last years it was here.

MROTH
07-31-2010, 09:17 AM
im planning on riding down tomorrow but i have this gut feeling its not going to be too big....

Bacon
07-31-2010, 10:46 AM
I will be there today and will see how it goes.

BITCHING
07-31-2010, 11:14 AM
yea i think the same thing but it is the frist year back in ga

silverDA
07-31-2010, 11:17 AM
hmmm.

down_shift
07-31-2010, 02:14 PM
wheres the spy shots. someone upload something.

Axix23
08-01-2010, 02:25 AM
I am really glad Nopi decided to come back to AMS, but timing is everything... Having it in July and a 4pm-11pm show time was a bad idea... The $55 registration fee is pretty good from what they charged in the past, but still pretty steep for sub par 200-300 car show... I really think the over-all car show scene has died sadly... Hopefully Nopi will regain the 5000+ car status, but I really doubt it... It was more about making money with Nopi rather than doing it for the car people.. Maybe it was intended that way in the beginning.. But things got out of hand... I mean I paid like nearly $90 for registration back in 2007. I attended Nopi since Lakewood days and it seemed like every year the entrance fee got more expensive... The height of nopi I think was 2000-03.. I remember people as far as CA and Canada would bring their cars here... ATL was the place to be for hot-ass imports.. Most people nowdays would rather go to a huge meet like Import Alliance and hangout for $10 for the entire weekend with 4800 cars vs hanging out for $55 entire weekend and waiting to be judged and etc... I just hope they don't lose too much money this weekend where they will have to cancel remaining events and not be able to put on Nopi Nats next year with the correct date/time/venue...

BITCHING
08-01-2010, 02:35 AM
X2 the best times for me was the year wen alot of peeps camped out up there

boosted4door
08-01-2010, 06:08 AM
NOPI was a big let down, all tho i still enjoyed myself i really think i like the idea of a late in the day show, the sun went down and wasn't as hot that was nice. but the overall turn out was really just sad. I think they should have done some more advertising seemed many people i talk to didn't even know it was here in ATL. Shouldn't have cost $25 a head with that turn out more like or 10 bucks at most, I hope they can get their stuff back together in the future.

quickdodge®
08-01-2010, 08:05 AM
The $55 registration fee is pretty good from what they charged in the past, but still pretty steep for sub par 200-300 car show...

Truth. I stood in the parking lot registration booth for quite a spell trying to decide if I wanted to enter or not because of the turn-out. I called Paul about 2-3 times to see how it looked on the inside. Honestly, I only went in because he had a spot for me in the main area. Then I was on the fence about going back today thinking is it really worth it driving back over there for that? My decision was really made when I realized I had left my second day ticket back at AMS. I don't think I can get in now and I'm not driving all the way over there to be told no.

I really think the over-all car show scene has died sadly...

More than evident. And it doesn't take NOPI to see that. There are hardly any meets across town now. And no one ever talks about the ones that do happen like they did 5 years ago.

ATL was the place to be for hot-ass imports..

Correction. Atlanta was the place to BRING "hot-ass imports." With the exception of a very few (in comparison to the amount here) nice cars in Atlanta, there were none here. The best looking cars at NOPI shows did not feature a Georgia license tag.

Most people nowdays would rather go to a huge meet like Import Alliance and hangout for $10 for the entire weekend with 4800 cars vs hanging out for $55 entire weekend and waiting to be judged and etc...

I agree here as well. That's the only reason I went to NOPI. I went for the meet atmosphere. All I did yesterday was sit back and hang with homeboys. I didn't meander through the crowd, cars and vendors.

Later, QD.

sTeadFasT
08-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I completely agree with you guys. I went a few years ago when I was a bit younger and at that time everything probably seemed a whole lot cooler than it really was. Having that expectation and coming this year, it was a total disappointment IMO. Just the whole show was disappointing. I wouldn't have even gone if it was $10. Not worth the trip. Nopi has become so unorganized now and they've gone downhill.

boosted b
08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
the show sucked there are more cars at the varsity on thursdays than it had

00 blk G20t
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
varsity is free! :) respect.

Axix23
08-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Thats what I meant, "bring".. lol I think this is the first time QD agreed with me.. Is that your old skool civic in the 1 pic taken by RL?

RL...
08-01-2010, 04:02 PM
this years nopi was downright sad....the cars sucked, dj sucked, bikini contest sucked, weather sucked, price sucked, turnout sucked=fail fail fail fail fail fail fail

Axix23
08-01-2010, 04:06 PM
this years nopi was downright sad....the cars sucked, dj sucked, bikini contest sucked, weather sucked, price sucked, turnout sucked=fail fail fail fail fail fail fail

LOL

Berta
08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
glad i didnt stop by there on the way to norcross yesterday. i was wandering how they were goin to do. i guess SUK explains it all. lol

Seven
08-01-2010, 08:10 PM
The Event Sucked. Folks I thought it was a car show for Imports hence the name H.I.N. / NOPI. Who hired the judges and what cars have they ever owned or builted...(no Bolt-ons) I showed my car which was like the only OLD SKOOL import(Fairlady Z) there with one off carbonfiber parts and I lost to garbage corolla's lol ....plus they had other V8's thrown in. I should hve just ran my car in the gymkahnna and be judged by my driving skills.. Hell i build fast cars that look good 1978 blue RX3 runs LOW 8's letting off. I hope NOPI cont. to go the direction its heading Forclosure/Bankrupt and stop hiding behind Hot. Import. Nights.....maybe the nopi chics that they pay very well where multi tasked to judge cars. lol

SPOOLIN
08-01-2010, 09:15 PM

Yep, 2007 was the end of an era lol

quickdodge®
08-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I showed my car which was like the only OLD SKOOL import(Fairlady Z)

No you weren't. Later, QD.

Seven
08-01-2010, 09:59 PM
No you weren't. Later, QD.

So hmmm what other Old skool 240z was out there with carbon fiber hatch/hood/front spoiler/ with RB25det big turbo tuned 450hp Street Car...... Maybe the heat was blurring your vision but yeah it was the only Z (old skool)... By the looks of your posted pic you own the primerd civic with about 55hp to one wheel down hill. Nice..... when I grow up I will build one just like it.

Bacon
08-01-2010, 10:13 PM
So hmmm what other Old skool 240z was out there with carbon fiber hatch/hood/front spoiler/ with RB25det big turbo tuned 450hp Street Car...... Maybe the heat was blurring your vision but yeah it was the only Z (old skool)... By the looks of your posted pic you own the primerd civic with about 55hp to one wheel down hill. Nice..... when I grow up I will build one just like it.

But you stated in this post that you were the only "old skool" import and you posted your car in parenthesis which makes it not the subject of the sentence. The subject is "old skool import" and not your car specifically. You weren't the only bad ass car out there that didn't win shit. No need to get butt hurt over not winning anything.

Echonova
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
So hmmm what other Old skool 240z was out there with carbon fiber hatch/hood/front spoiler/ with RB25det big turbo tuned 450hp Street Car...... Maybe the heat was blurring your vision but yeah it was the only Z (old skool)... By the looks of your posted pic you own the primerd civic with about 55hp to one wheel down hill. Nice..... when I grow up I will build one just like it.I thought your car was nice, but your attitude sucks. If a plastic trophy is what it takes for you feel better about yourself, you have bigger issues.

I'm glad you didn't win anything.

Seven
08-01-2010, 10:31 PM
But you stated in this post that you were the only "old skool" import and you posted your car in parenthesis which makes it not the subject of the sentence. The subject is "old skool import" and not your car specifically. You weren't the only bad ass car out there that didn't win shit. No need to get butt hurt over not winning anything.

hmm butt hurt..... either your asking for your death wish or your just not good at typing. I hope you know who your talking to and that you can defend yourself on your own. If you would like to play then PM me for any event.... As for you bro if you wanna jump in and play hero.....bad idea. PM me if you feel froggy pup!

Bacon
08-01-2010, 10:48 PM
hmm butt hurt..... either your asking for your death wish or your just not good at typing. I hope you know who your talking to and that you can defend yourself on your own. If you would like to play then PM me for any event.... As for you bro if you wanna jump in and play hero.....bad idea. PM me if you feel froggy pup!

Terroristic e-threats......classy. See, here is the problem boy. Your ego came on here and started complaining about your lack of taking a trophy home. Is that all you care about? I just so happen to have an old bowling trophy at home you can have for free. I will even engrave the words FUCK YOU right into that little metal plate on the front of it. You aren't the only person out there that dumped money into their cars and took home nothing but sore legs from walking around and sunburn. Get over yourself. As for knowing who I am talking to.....I wouldn't give a fuck if you were the Pope. Remind everyone who you are again? A nobody just like me and just like half the people on here. You are just a guy with a nice car and an attitude to rival that of a third grader....not getting your way. Napoleon complex is working great for you :goodjob:

Echonova
08-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Terroristic e-threats......classy. See, here is the problem boy. Your ego came on here and started complaining about your lack of taking a trophy home. Is that all you care about? I just so happen to have an old bowling trophy at home you can have for free. I will even engrave the words FUCK YOU right into that little metal plate on the front of it. You aren't the only person out there that dumped money into their cars and took home nothing but sore legs from walking around and sunburn. Get over yourself. As for knowing who I am talking to.....I wouldn't give a fuck if you were the Pope. Remind everyone who you are again? A nobody just like me and just like half the people on here. You are just a guy with a nice car and an attitude to rival that of a third grader....not getting your way. Napoleon complex is working great for you :goodjob:Strong words from a strong man... Captain Insane-o.

e30pwr
08-01-2010, 11:03 PM
i'd love to jump on the bandwagon of hate against you seven, but damn if i do. you seemed pretty chill when i met you at the turner event, and for you to get this rilled up over the internet, and what you should've known was going to be a bust show when you saw what else was there, is just sad. i'll move along now, as i dont see anything good coming out of trying to prove anything to you, or get into a e-penis contest.

as for the show, huge let down. guess i have to wait til fall IA to see some nice cars from other states/places.

Bacon
08-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Import Alliance is coming back to Atlanta?

Echonova
08-01-2010, 11:07 PM
i'd love to jump on the bandwagon of hate against you seven, but damn if i do. you seemed pretty chill when i met you at the turner event, and for you to get this rilled up over the internet, and what you should've known was going to be a bust show when you saw what else was there, is just sad. i'll move along now, as i dont see anything good coming out of trying to prove anything to you, or get into a e-penis contest.

as for the show, huge let down. guess i have to wait til fall IA to see some nice cars from other states/places.No hate here... I just don't understand why he got all riled up. It's Nopi... 'nuff said.

e30pwr
08-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Import Alliance is coming back to Atlanta?

nope. next IA is in nashville at the titans arena. i'll be there.

Axix23
08-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Import Alliance is coming back in the Spring next year..

And to Seven, don't worry man, I gotten shafted soo many times b/c Nopi judges had no idea wtf they are looking at.. I don't need some neewb judge to tell me if my car is good enough to win some plastic... We who built our own cars the way we like it, thats win enough for me..

stillaneon
08-02-2010, 11:59 AM
W.O.W.! Yeah, Seven has always been chill when we've met in person, but every time i see him post on here, it's like he has to prove his superiority.

But it amazes me even more that all these cars that get shafted never come to smaller grassroots and local events but complain when they don't get national recognition...

When the scene is all about making money (and this is not the first time I have seen you complain about not winning and money being involved) then you are here for the wrong reason..