PDA

View Full Version : So yeah...fuck UPS

soxfan30
11-09-2005, 04:10 PM
So those of you who know me knew I moved to Atlanta last month. To save myself some hassle, I decided to have my 24" flat screen tv shipped via UPS to my new residence. The total to ship it, with insurance was about $193...might seem like a lot, but I paid $400 for the tv, so it wasn't too bad, plus it was more convienient for me personally. Well today I finally opened the package. It's been sitting at my house for about a month now, but I didn't have room to put it anywhere so I left it boxed up. Anyways, I opened it, and I was horrified to see that the damn thing was broken. It's split down the side and it's all warped out of shape. Someone fucked up big time. I called UPS and explained to the woman on the phone what had happened, and she asked me to box it back up and they would have someone pick it up tomorrow....all the while she never even apologized for my inconvienience/their fuck-up. I guess they have to bring it back to inspect it and make sure that they were the ones who caused the damage to it before they can issue me a check or something. I don't feel like I should have to pay for those shipping charges either. Needless to say, I'm furious. Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent.

Rican219
11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
THAT SUX @ZZ YO!

B16a2 Civic
11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
man.....that does suck, i just had a tv sent to me ...hope mine dont turn out like that ( then again, mines for the car)

drupason
11-09-2005, 04:31 PM
damn that sucks man

HyPer50
11-09-2005, 04:31 PM
....are you rich? Shoot.. for $190 it'd have to be more than just "convenience" for me to ship a tv to myself.. it'd have to be the only way lmao.

SOHC MONSTER
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
yea i would be pissed too. people just dont care about other peoples property anymore.

BTLFED
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
U People Suck.

That sucks man. Fed Ex isn't any better though. Hell, just today I got a G35 steering rack Fed Ex and the end of the box was completely missing. Boxes come to my work "preopened" all the time.

Dragonfly5338
11-09-2005, 05:17 PM
You'd be surprised. I worked for UPS for over 6 years, lemme give you some free advice.

If it's expensive and extremely breakable - don't ship it. If you have to ship it - don't pack it yourself unless you're an expert. More than likely it will turn up broken. Ground shipping is not nice to packages.

Luckily you bought the insurance, and so long as they find that you didn't pack it like crap, they'll pay for it, and UPS is pretty good about cutting checks when they're in the wrong. Good luck, man.

soxfan30
11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Oh, that's the thing...I also paid for them to pack it as well...they owe me big time.

Greddypacked
11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
sorry that happened, but next time open the box to check if anything is damaged the same day you recieve it. Luckily they wont blame you for not checking earlier, goodluck.

soxfan30
11-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Well I found out after arriving here that I might have had to move again this month, so I would have left it boxed up until then. But yeah, I understand that arguement.

soxfan30
11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Oh just curious Dragonfly...any idea on the turnaround time for a check?

Dragonfly5338
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh just curious Dragonfly...any idea on the turnaround time for a check?

Depends. We would usually cut a check in a week, give or take, so long as the case was cut and dry (AKA, it was OBVIOUSLY our fault).

One more piece of advice. Save EVERY piece of packing material, tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, etc that you got with the box <--- that is VERY important, throw nothing away, labels, tape, ect. Be sure to give them the receipt for them packaging it as well, too.

If you shipped it through a retail location (UPS Store) it isn't too bad because they know exactly what forms to fill out, what to say, etc in order to get you a check. Just sometimes you have to be sure and call and bug them so they know they can't slack off.

soxfan30
11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Am I gonna have to call the original UPS store I had it shipped from?

EmminoDaGreat
11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
that sux

Halfwit
11-09-2005, 07:59 PM
that sucks

RISKYB
11-09-2005, 08:27 PM
damn that sucks, but stick it to them for all its worth

Halfwit
11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
not as nice to packages as they are to ppl

Dragonfly5338
11-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Am I gonna have to call the original UPS store I had it shipped from?

Yessir, you need to file a claim through them, and they'll file it with UPS.