PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

Slow Motion
07-06-2010, 04:40 AM
After a full year of being unemployed, I am glad to say I found a JOB. Next move will be getting a car. Wow, I can think about getting a car again lol..

AirMax95
07-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Congrats!!!

quickdodgeŽ
07-06-2010, 07:46 AM
After a full year of being employed, I am glad to say I found a JOB. Next move will be getting a car. Wow, I can think about getting a car again lol..

So after a full year of having a job, you're excited that you have a job? Later, QD.

Boosted FC
07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
lol QD

RL...
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
So after a full year of having a job, you're excited that you have a job? Later, QD.

I was wondering the same....he must've meant UNemployed although those two letters make the biggest difference. lol

Slow Motion
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM

True UNEMPLOYED..FIXED.

roxie911
07-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I know the feeling...took me 6 months :( although...I was just being picky lol

quickdodgeŽ
07-07-2010, 03:11 AM
I was wondering the same....he must've meant UNemployed although those two letters make the biggest difference. lol

True UNEMPLOYED..FIXED.

Lolol. Great for you, though, SM. Always nice to be on this side of the fence. Later, QD.

DeeAOne
07-07-2010, 03:40 AM
congrats..

FasTech
07-07-2010, 03:44 AM
Hell, I'm glad I've been able to keep and maintain jobs through the hard times of this so called recession. And Roxie, these days and times.. Most people can't afford to be picky. lol.

roxie911
07-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Hell, I'm glad I've been able to keep and maintain jobs through the hard times of this so called recession. And Roxie, these days and times.. Most people can't afford to be picky. lol.

lol I know, but I refused to work in retail. Fuck that.

quickdodgeŽ
07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
^^^ Awesome attitude!

Too bad I am just kidding. It's actually people with attitudes like that that are a drain on society. People feel like they're too good for certain jobs. Hail I give props to people who have no problem doing what it takes to make it rather than say, "You'd never catch me working fast food." What a joke. Later, QD.

On_Her_Face
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
^^^ Awesome attitude!

Too bad I am just kidding. It's actually people with attitudes like that that are a drain on society. People feel like they're too good for certain jobs. Hail I give props to people who have no problem doing what it takes to make it rather than say, "You'd never catch me working fast food." What a joke. Later, QD.

So true, I would work at fucking Ass Burger or Shitty Pet Fuckers so I could keep on my feet and not step into the deep endless pool of debt.

Also Slow Motion, congratulations, good to hear.

roxie911
07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
^^^ Awesome attitude!

With me not being in school, working in retail is not something that's gonna get me anywhere in life right now. Call me a drain on society or whatever, but I didn't wanna go from having a job that was actually something worth putting on a resume to something that really had no direction towards what I was going for. If I had to, I would've gone to retail, but I was gonna make that my last resort. Why waste an opportunity where I can be picky and have a chance to get a job I actually want? And with a little hard work and dedication, I got the job I wanted. I have a job that can get me somewhere for now until I have enough money to pay for school. I'm sorry taking advantage of my situation makes me a "drain on society". If I had a ton of bills to pay, then yes...I probably would've gone into retail. I'm happy with my decision...hate all you want, but with the way the job market is right now, I'm gonna take any opportunity I can get to get a job that's worth a damn. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same if they had the chance....

FasTech
07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
With me not being in school, working in retail is not something that's gonna get me anywhere in life right now. Call me a drain on society or whatever, but I didn't wanna go from having a job that was actually something worth putting on a resume to something that really had no direction towards what I was going for. If I had to, I would've gone to retail, but I was gonna make that my last resort. Why waste an opportunity where I can be picky and have a chance to get a job I actually want? And with a little hard work and dedication, I got the job I wanted. I have a job that can get me somewhere for now until I have enough money to pay for school. I'm sorry taking advantage of my situation makes me a "drain on society". If I had a ton of bills to pay, then yes...I probably would've gone into retail. I'm happy with my decision...hate all you want, but with the way the job market is right now, I'm gonna take any opportunity I can get to get a job that's worth a damn. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same if they had the chance....

Oh, PM me back? lol.

1MP0RTL0V3R
07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
congrats same here i got a job hell i work as a temp right now working in warehouses im just happy i dont have to worry about not working at all

quickdodgeŽ
07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
hate all you want,

"Hate?" Believe that you have nothing for me to be jealous of. I have more than enough to make up for not having my parents buy me a Porsche. Don't sell yourself so tall, either. You'll go out of business pretty fast.

I'm sure a lot of people would do the same if they had the chance....

I'm sure you have a lot to learn about real life. Later, QD.

Boosted FC
07-08-2010, 06:54 AM

If only that was the truth. I have a friend who's wife is nothing but picky & will not accept a job if it is a few miles away from the house or from an agency. I have no idea how he deals with that.

roxie911
07-08-2010, 07:30 AM
"Hate?" Believe that you have nothing for me to be jealous of. I have more than enough to make up for not having my parents buy me a Porsche. Don't sell yourself so tall, either. You'll go out of business pretty fast.
I'm sure you have a lot to learn about real life. Later, QD.

How does me having the Porsche relate to ANY of this?? I would love NOT to have that car. I don't even recall bringing that up. I'm sorry that I had no choice in what car I would have to drive around. Call me a spoiled brat or whatever, but I'd be perfectly happy with a honda (which is what I plan on getting in a few months).

I never said I had anything for anyone to be jealous of. I'm proud of my decision. I had an opportunity to get something that I actually wanted, and I went for it. I'm sorry that you think that makes me a drain on society. It's my life and I'm not gonna settle for less when I can risk settling for more. I don't really care if you disagree. I worked hard to get what I wanted and I'm damn proud of it.

On_Her_Face
07-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm pretty sure everybody in life has to settle for less at some point to make ends meet. Congratulations on getting the job you wanted at this time, but the opportunity will not always be there, no matter how hard you work for it. I was saying it's very dumb to say "fuck retail, I won't sink that low", well sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward (QD might be saying the exact same thing, I'm going to speak for others though).

blacknightteg
07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
how is working in retail a bad thing? how does it not get you anywhere in your life? i have been with best buy for 5 years come this october and am in school. it doesnt matter what the job you have is. you can put something like that on your resume and it be respected by a future employer. why? because of the long term commitment that you gave to that company. that shows that you will more then likely do the same for the company that you are trying to work for. working in retail is not bad, it allows you to work on a lot of skills; both business and people related. i wouldnt sell it short. as long as you make the job what you ant out of it, any job can be enjoyable.

Catnip
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
how is working in retail a bad thing? how does it not get you anywhere in your life? i have been with best buy for 5 years come this october and am in school. it doesnt matter what the job you have is. you can put something like that on your resume and it be respected by a future employer. why? because of the long term commitment that you gave to that company. that shows that you will more then likely do the same for the company that you are trying to work for. working in retail is not bad, it allows you to work on a lot of skills; both business and people related. i wouldnt sell it short. as long as you make the job what you ant out of it, any job can be enjoyable.

+1

roxie911
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure everybody in life has to settle for less at some point to make ends meet. Congratulations on getting the job you wanted at this time, but the opportunity will not always be there, no matter how hard you work for it. I was saying it's very dumb to say "fuck retail, I won't sink that low", well sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward (QD might be saying the exact same thing, I'm going to speak for others though).

I know the opportunity will not always be there...this time it was and I went for it BECAUSE I didn't wanna waste it. And I never said working in retail was "low" or said I was too good for retail. I just refused to settle for it now when I had the chance to work with something better. THAT was what I was saying. If I really needed a job ASAP and couldn't get the ones I normally get, then yes...I would've gone to retail. I wouldn't like it, but I'd still do it because sometimes you gotta do exactly what you said..."take a step back to go forward". Does it make more sense now?

yes, but you're in school and I am not. I've never had a REAL retail job (unless you count the medicinal marijuana, but I worked behind a desk then too), as I stated above, I've always had a desk job, so if I desperately needed a job I would've gone into retail, but I didn't. Even if I had gone into retail, it wouldn't have been for very long. It would've been temporary until I got the job I really wanted. Something to just hold me over...so the whole "commitment" thing wouldn't really work with that. I understand what you're saying though. It's just not where I would've been.

xxbckiexx
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I know the feeling...took me 6 months :( although...I was just being picky lol

indeed. not just any strip club will do.

xxbckiexx
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
^^^ Awesome attitude!

Actually, this can be looked at two ways. We obviously need the people to work the fry line, and in retail, otherwise the world wouldn't revolve. But if everyone just "settled" we wouldn't have our great nation. There's always going to be some fuck ass loser that will take any job they can get because they're unmotivated and useless. It's the people who actually strive to be something more which is important to society, mostly.

xxbckiexx
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
How does me having the Porsche relate to ANY of this?? I would love NOT to have that car. I don't even recall bringing that up. I'm sorry that I had no choice in what car I would have to drive around. Call me a spoiled brat or whatever, but I'd be perfectly happy with a honda (which is what I plan on getting in a few months).

you've been using that line, verbatim; since you joined this forum and caught shit for driving a porsche. lolol.

roxie911
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
LOL @ strip club. And I know I've been using that line since I joined the forum. I use it because people still have yet to realize that I fucking hate that car and wish I never had it.

CHADbee
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
personally i wont work retail or flip burgers....want to know why? i can do free lance photography and get my bills paid, rent taken care of and feed me and my dog. when i worked at S&W auto my pay was 19.20/hr + commission. if i find another position that pays decent ill take it but i wont go flip burgers for $8/hr cause ill be in a worse financial situation as i am doing free lance photography. if you dont like me cause of that then i dont give a fuck.

i think it depends on the each persons situation. if you have kids to feed, mortgage to pay and a lot bills that need to be taken care of then that person saying they wont work retail or flip burgers is fuckin retarded, do what you have to. from what i understand roxie has no bills to pay so i dont blame her for waiting on one in the field that she wants to work in.

5speed
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
personally i wont work retail or flip burgers....want to know why? i can do free lance photography and get my bills paid, rent taken care of and feed me and my dog. when i worked at S&W auto my pay was 19.20/hr + commission. if i find another position that pays decent ill take it but i wont go flip burgers for $8/hr cause ill be in a worse financial situation as i am doing free lance photography. if you dont like me cause of that then i dont give a fuck.

i think it depends on the each persons situation. if you have kids to feed, mortgage to pay and a lot bills that need to be taken care of then that person saying they wont work retail or flip burgers is fuckin retarded, do what you have to. from what i understand roxie has no bills to pay so i dont blame her for waiting on one in the field that she wants to work in.

Fuck you and your shitty photography

CHADbee
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Fuck you and your shitty photography
:cry:

i thought you loved me :cry:

quickdodgeŽ
07-09-2010, 01:54 AM
How does me having the Porsche relate to ANY of this??
I never said I had anything for anyone to be jealous of. I'm proud of my decision. I had an opportunity to get something that I actually wanted, and I went for it. I'm sorry that you think that makes me a drain on society. It's my life and I'm not gonna settle for less when I can risk settling for more. I don't really care if you disagree. I worked hard to get what I wanted and I'm damn proud of it.

You called me a "hater." You know, the oft wrongly used word used by people who think they know what they're talking about? Being a "hater" is being jealous of whatever it is you "hate." I'm not "hating" on you because I'm not jealous of you.

You've obviously showed your true colors, along with your lack of comprehension skills, with your replies. I never once said anything about being a drain if you don't go for what you want. I'm talking about your stupid "I'll never do retail" comment. So you were able to do what you wanted. GREAT!! But what if you couldn't? Would you rather starve or sit on government benefits than earn an honest day's pay?

Probably.

Alright well I can direct this to you, too. What happens when this freelance work peters out? You think you can rely on that to get you through the rest of your life? If you can, lucky you because that would be awesome. But if push comes to shove, I'll tell you now that I'd be at the Burger King asking for an application. I'm not to proud to not work in a "lower" means of pay place. Later, QD.

Z0_o6
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
I think what the best way to put it is, 'I hope to never have to work in retail.'

I agree with QD on this... you never know what could happen, and it sucks to do something you didn't want to do, but it makes it even worse when you have to eat your words at the same time.

CHADbee
07-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Alright well I can direct this to you, too. What happens when this freelance work peters out? You think you can rely on that to get you through the rest of your life? If you can, lucky you because that would be awesome. But if push comes to shove, I'll tell you now that I'd be at the Burger King asking for an application. I'm not to proud to not work in a "lower" means of pay place. Later, QD.

i do not plan on doing free lance photography for the rest of my life, that would be nice but i dont think will allow me to have the things i want in life.....but you never know. i am and have been looking for a full time position but like roxie, i am able to be picky and not flip burgers. her because she has no bills but me because i am lucky enough to have a skill that makes me money(im awake at 4:28am editing engagement photos).

to answer your question, if all of sudden the companies i do product photography for stopped using me, nobody wanted car or portrait photography from me then i would go get a job at pep boys/autozone/napa because i have plenty of parts sales experience and im sure i could get a job there making $8/hr. if no part stores were hiring then yes i would flip burgers or do whatever i had to do in order to pay my bills, im not gonna live on the street and starve cause i dont want to work at wendys lol but im not gonna go work in fast food if i dont have to.

Catnip
07-09-2010, 03:47 AM
When I was 17 I had about 20 dollars to my name and insurance due in 3 months, and a very hungry Mustang GT. Needless to say, I had barely any experience with anything besides washing/detailing cars and some mechanical knowledge, so I got a job at Wendys. On my off days I'd still do mechanical work for the people my dad didn't want to deal with, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and do shit you don't want to. Now I have experience with cashiering, customer service, and history of being able to hold a job... three things that will help if I ever get in a tight spot again. Not to mention I ate my weight in food every night I worked, LOL.

roxie911
07-09-2010, 07:24 AM
You called me a "hater." You know, the oft wrongly used word used by people who think they know what they're talking about? Being a "hater" is being jealous of whatever it is you "hate." I'm not "hating" on you because I'm not jealous of you.

You've obviously showed your true colors, along with your lack of comprehension skills, with your replies. I never once said anything about being a drain if you don't go for what you want. I'm talking about your stupid "I'll never do retail" comment. So you were able to do what you wanted. GREAT!! But what if you couldn't? Would you rather starve or sit on government benefits than earn an honest day's pay?

Probably.

Sorry....I meant the REAL definition of hate. You know, before the teenage society came along and twisted it? I wouldn't expect you to be jealous of me....therefore I would never say it.

As for the second part...obviously your reading comprehension isn't too great either because I believe I stated before that IF I HAD TO...I would work in retail.

If I really needed a job ASAP and couldn't get the ones I normally get, then yes...I would've gone to retail

so if I desperately needed a job I would've gone into retail,

There's some quotes to help you along :)

I never once said it was low of someone to work there. I have the chance to say "fuck it" to working in retail, so I did. At this point in my life, I refuse to work in retail when I have the opportunity to work somewhere better. That's how I feel.

quickdodgeŽ
07-09-2010, 10:39 AM
... then i would go get a job at pep boys/autozone/napa because i have plenty of parts sales experience and im sure i could get a job there making $8/hr. .

What do you think that is? That's retail, lolol. But as for the rest (that I left out), good call, I think. No one is ever too good to earn an honest living no matter the job.

When I was 17 I had about 20 dollars to my name and insurance due in 3 months, and a very hungry Mustang GT. Needless to say, I had barely any experience with anything besides washing/detailing cars and some mechanical knowledge, so I got a job at Wendys. On my off days I'd still do mechanical work for the people my dad didn't want to deal with, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and do shit you don't want to. Now I have experience with cashiering, customer service, and history of being able to hold a job... three things that will help if I ever get in a tight spot again. Not to mention I ate my weight in food every night I worked, LOL.

Cool shit. Glad to hear you have that attitude.

Sorry....I meant the REAL definition of hate. You know, before the teenage society came along and twisted it? I wouldn't expect you to be jealous of me....therefore I would never say it.

If you're going to use the REAL definition of hate, then you should use it in the right context. Believe me, I'm far beyond the wisdom that you wish you had. And I certainly don't need comprehension lessons from someone of the likes of yourself. See, I know exactly what it's like to be in your "shoes." But the difference between you and I is that I have a moral conscience. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
You have to start out somewhere, to get somewhere..In these times, people are begging for a job doing anything just to pay there bills. Ive worked in retail and hate it, mostly because I was 8 months pregnant and my manager treated me like a slave, but with a baby on the way, I had to earn every penny possible. Congrats on the job. Now you at least have your foot in the door and can only work on getting something better. You have to crawl before you can walk. Sometimes you have to start at the bottom, but you can always work your way to the top.

xxbckiexx
07-09-2010, 01:01 PM
people are begging for a job doing anything just to pay there bills. manager treated me like a slave, but with a baby on the way, .

their *

you are black right..? So what the problem is?

quickdodgeŽ
07-09-2010, 01:02 PM
you are black right..?

She isn't. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM
does it matter? I am at work, multi-tasking. Go shove it!

Catnip
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
If you wanna go and take a ride wit me
We three-wheelin in the fo' with the gold D's
Oh why do I live this way?
Hey, must be the money!

http://tinypic.com/ddkmmc.jpg

Slow Motion
07-09-2010, 10:13 PM
So, I thought this was about me finding employment...lol. What was I thinkin?

xxbckiexx
07-10-2010, 02:06 AM
She isn't. Later, QD.

rats. her baby probably is though.

blaknoize
07-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Well... its about time. It like u were infected by non-workitis, its been going around for quite awhile. :D

But where is this said workplace?

blaknoize
07-10-2010, 07:11 AM

yeahh... no, her baby isnt either

roxie911
07-10-2010, 07:46 AM
So, I thought this was about me finding employment...lol. What was I thinkin?

It was until QD decided to makie it about something more.

Congrats on your job. I know how hard it can be to find work.

Friggintitsman
07-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I would save your money so you won't have to struggle when your boss fires your sorry ass.

Friggintitsman
07-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Maybe now you can move out of your parents house too.

quickdodgeŽ
07-10-2010, 10:35 AM
It was until QD decided to makie it about something more.

You probably should have kept your egotistical bullshit out of it then and left the topic on the man's success in finding a job instead of tossing in your worthless two cents. Later, QD.

roxie911
07-10-2010, 04:58 PM
You probably should have kept your egotistical bullshit out of it then and left the topic on the man's success in finding a job instead of tossing in your worthless two cents. Later, QD.

Awww...I think this is as hostile as you've ever gotten with me.

You changed the subject, hun, not me. And I was replying to what someone else said to me about being picky. Still calling it egotistical?? That's cool...I guess you didn't retain one word I said to you. I don't believe I ever dropped in my 2 cents for anyone. I only replied to the comments directed towards me.

quickdodgeŽ
07-10-2010, 06:05 PM
You changed the subject, hun, not me.

No. You're making this too easy.

Still calling it egotistical?? That's cool..

I call it as I see it. And I have ALWAYS had 20/20 vision. Later, QD.

roxie911
07-10-2010, 06:15 PM
No. You're making this too easy.

I call it as I see it. And I have ALWAYS had 20/20 vision. Later, QD.

...and you call me egotistical. Please....

quickdodgeŽ
07-10-2010, 06:18 PM
You don't have to say please. I'll call you that without the politeness. Later, QD.

roxie911
07-10-2010, 07:04 PM
You don't have to say please. I'll call you that without the politeness. Later, QD.

And I'd do the same for you.

2jdm4drift
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
hahaha this shit made my day. QD i'm on ur side.

roxie want me to jump in?
you already know what i think of you .

just let it go he is right you are wrong.

ilovemyhonda.
07-12-2010, 07:16 AM

Look you can talk all the shit that you want to, but don't dare bring my child into this, you ignorant dumbass.

ilovemyhonda.
07-12-2010, 07:18 AM
yeahh... no, her baby isnt either

you're correct. he is mixed, big fucking woopdi doo. Still doesn't mean the fucking moron has to bring my child into it. This isn't towards you, but him.