PDA

View Full Version : Misc has anyone ever given bone marrow?

efman
07-04-2010, 12:38 AM
i've recently become interested in donating bone marrow. has anyone on the site given bone marrow before? if so i'd like to hear about your experince and how you went about it. if you dont feel like posting it on an open forum please pm me. thanks :yes:

FasTech
07-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Haha, no you don't wanna do it. A old friend of mine had to get it done. She told me it was one of the worst pains she has ever felt. Basically a long ass needle thing drilling into your bone. Ouch.

efman
07-06-2010, 01:52 AM
ya they say your pretty sore the next few weeks, but trust me i want to do it. seems like giving bone marrow is one of the few things you can do these days that will directly impact another persons life in a lifesaving positive way.

FasTech
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM
ya they say your pretty sore the next few weeks, but trust me i want to do it. seems like giving bone marrow is one of the few things you can do these days that will directly impact another persons life in a lifesaving positive way.

Hey man, go for it if you want. I think its cool you're so for making an impact on another persons life. But, I think it might be one of those things.. you only do once unless you have to do it again for medical purposes like my friend.