PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems... Help needed

Motivation
07-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Car: Honda Del Sol, 1994

Alright, I was driving my car and have been smelling a sulfur smell lately (I have no cat so it wasn't that). My battery exploded :2up:, I heard a loud pop and some smoke come out of the dash. (sulfur smell was the battery I obviously found out) I replaced the battery and the car won't start. I had a blown ECU fuse so I replaced it, and a couple fuses under the dash blown that I replaced. Not sure which ones because I don't have a fuse cover on it. I then looked and seen that my ECU was fried so I replaced it. I turn the ignition to ACC. and none of the lights (engine, brake, battery, etc) comes on, fuel pump don't come on, etc. so it's not getting power to it.

Could I have blown the ignition when the battery exploded? Only reason I question this is when we first put the new battery on, I had power to roll down my windows. Now, I can't get power to anything.

Also, when there is power ran to the battery (jumper cables or when it has a charge) my tail lights and my corner lights stay on until the power from the battery ceases. My brights don't work, figured they just got blown when all this happened. Could this be my headlight switch being stuck and I need to replace it? I need to get this car back up and running hopefully this weekend.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

OldsTech
07-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Sounds like fun.... Should be fairly simple... Like me pull some wiring diagrams

OldsTech
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM
LOL.... nvm... I missed it

jdm-civic
07-03-2010, 05:34 PM
are the wires near the starter grounding out?

Motivation
07-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Nope, checked about ten times. Reps

94_teg_ls
07-03-2010, 06:49 PM
you can check with some of my sol parts maybe its the fuse box? if so i got a spare :)

tdurr
07-03-2010, 08:17 PM
u just got a text my friend.

Mr. Fix-it.
07-04-2010, 01:26 PM
what about the main relay? could have shorted out when the battery went...

silversol
07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
There is a main fuse in the fuse box next to the battery it like a 100 amp fuse that is held down by 2 screws. Try that

Glade
07-05-2010, 01:38 AM
There is a main fuse in the fuse box next to the battery it like a 100 amp fuse that is held down by 2 screws. Try that

this

0\s accord
07-05-2010, 05:48 AM
this

x2

e30pwr
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM
we has nueezzzz on this topic?

Motivation
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Alright, all the fuses were good under the hood. I replaced my whole ignition wiring and everything. Then, my buddy dropped my alarm system down and we could smell where the smoke came from. The alarm system got messed up. We took all of that jumbled mess out, and blew a few more fuses in the process. Once we replaced them and had all the new wiring finished, it finally started back up. But, I am now running on my stock ecu which is a big difference.