PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV The last airbender omgz

ChnkyLao
07-01-2010, 01:45 AM
just saw it, really disappointed.

ok first off, i am a fan of the show. Sorted expected the movie to only somewhat follow the plot of the first season of avatar, seeing how its crammed into 2 hours. Ok the movie felt more randomly put together than anything else plot wise. Acting was just bad, the actors didn't do a good job portraying the main characters personality from the show. Ang was a mopy sad white kid instead of the cheerful hyper one from the show.

Fighting was ok, sort of boring, the bending took way too long and way too slow. For some odd reason they pronounce all the names in a weird way. Like instead of Ang it was like Ong or Ung, Iro they said Ero, Suko they said Asuko.

Pretty much if you're a fan, don't expect the movie to live up to the show even if you are going in with low hopes. Also, if you're not a fan, it is not even that entertaining of a movie.

Waste of my $13

fastlee
07-05-2010, 12:21 PM
and i was gonna watch in 3d to.

Sinfix_15
07-05-2010, 01:08 PM
What if you have never heard of the show before and thought the preview looked beyond retarded.... watch or no watch?

fastlee
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
i wouldn't watch it i heard of couple people at worked watched it and they say waste of money like chnkylao said

Boosted FC
07-06-2010, 06:53 AM
I've watched movies that were worse than this one.

Maverick
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
ive never seen the cartoon and i loved the movie

The Green Monster
07-13-2010, 09:38 PM
The movie is entertaining.

The bending seemed like it was lagging behind the characters movements. I also agree with the OP, absolutley NOTHING like the cartoon. I was actually stoked when I saw the preview for it for the very first time forever and a day ago. Needless to say I was sad. The only tight thing in the movie was at the end and it's only cool because it'd be amazing if someone or something could do that in real life.

It was blah. They said the sequels would be based on how this one did, and so far not too good I'm thinking but they're waiting to decide that after it's released over seas. It was blah at best for fans of the cartoon. Those unknown to Avatar I think could find it at least entertaining.

sti_cham
07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
dude movie sucked i hated it, don't waste your money on it. the cartoon is 1000 times better.

1MP0RTL0V3R
07-22-2010, 10:44 PM
i agree movie sucked real bad

maresato
07-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Just saw the movie yesterday and yes it suck so much. The acting was stiff and underwhelming, especially the main protagonist who seem to spout his lines from rote memory. Even the Slumdog guy was a disappointment, convincing in some parts but not consistent throughout, considering he was portraying one of the show's multi-dimensional characters.

I'm not a fan of the animated series as I only got to watch some episodes because my sister watches the show. Coming from an outsider, if only the film had better actors and dialogue, it would have passed for a decent adventure flick. Sadly, the acting was poor. Perhaps the only redeeming quality of the film is the effects and some of the fight scenes.

I'm intrigued by the animated series. Perhaps, I'll have to find time to check it out, even if it's a kids/teen show.

Glides
07-23-2010, 04:02 PM
The reason the movie sucked so bad is that it was directed by M Knight whatever. It was a kids movie that didn't hit with the kids and an adult movie that didn't hit with the adults. It fit into a neat little niche that nobody goes too or cares about. Kids didn't like it, the fanboys didn't like it and people who never saw the cartoon didn't like it, that's why it failed. that director has made total shit for his last like 4 movies, he is shit, his movies are shit. I think it's the only movie that i've heard of kids walking out of.

Don't waste your money on it. It will be on video within 4 months.

xxbckiexx
07-23-2010, 10:30 PM
I fully agree that someone else should have directed this movie. However, it followed the cartoon almost verbatim. I enjoyed the movie, and the special effects were great. Acting was sub par in some parts, but overall it was enjoyable ( for me ).