PDA

View Full Version : Shocks?

Hulud
11-09-2005, 11:31 AM
my stock shocks have gone the way of the dinosaurs.....

so i need some advise on what shocks i should get
details:
95 Prelude Si
Eibach Springs (Sportline)
Want good ride
Want to take to track every once in a while
My bro got some Koni's but they lowered his car even more, i dont want mine any lower

Thanks for the help

d4s2m0a
11-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Tokico Illumina gas struts are very good quality. i just installed some this past weekend. and since they are 5 way adjustable they keep my front tires from spinning. im pretty sure they will go good with the sportlines you have too. i wouldnt go with the KYB AGX's, dont get me wrong, they are good, but if you lower your car more than a half an inch or so the ride quality will suck. correct me if im wrong everyone, cause im not sure. Good luck man!

The Yousef
11-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Koni Yellows
Tokico Illuminas
Tokico HP/Blues <---i have these

^those work great on our cars IMO....i would've gotten the adjustable koni or tokico...but i'm way too lazy to take full advantage of them...i like my HPs just fine...ride is not too rough (drove to savannah and back without my kidneys failing)...but it is stiff enough to where she handles really nicely...

yousef

Bishop
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
yeah i got the koni yellows and eibach sportline springs. Says it lowers it 1.7 but thats bull shit. Im fucking riding on the ground. And the yellows hav an adjustable seat so you can still raise or lower it a bit.

wantboost
11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
ive had a set of koni and dont have any complaints

speedminded
11-10-2005, 01:35 AM
How again does a shock raise or lower a vehicle? I'm intrigued by this....

Bishop
11-10-2005, 07:43 AM
on the shock....there is the seat where the spring sits....then on the shock there are circular cuts. Then you have this big c-clip and you can put the c-clip in the circular cuts and this will lower or raise the seat of your spring aka lowering or raising our car. Its hard to explain, but if you were trying to be a smart ass, go and check out eibach yellows and they will say, adjustable up to "some number" millimeters. And the rears are the same.

mocha latte cupcake
11-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Tokico Illumina gas struts are very good quality. i just installed some this past weekend. and since they are 5 way adjustable they keep my front tires from spinning. im pretty sure they will go good with the sportlines you have too. i wouldnt go with the KYB AGX's, dont get me wrong, they are good, but if you lower your car more than a half an inch or so the ride quality will suck. correct me if im wrong everyone, cause im not sure. Good luck man!

no you're right. i wish i had gotten tokico's or something the ride quality is rougher but it doesn't suck.

d4s2m0a
11-10-2005, 10:03 AM
alright thats what i thought, thanks Prince NISMO.

mocha latte cupcake
11-10-2005, 10:04 AM
n/p man. anytime.

Bishop
11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
How again does a shock raise or lower a vehicle? I'm intrigued by this....
Owned? lol