PDA

View Full Version : Modify it or sell it? PC Question...

Elbow
06-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I have a Dell I picked up for cheap.

It has a regular 2.40GHZ P4 and 512MB of RAM.

I want to play a game, rFactor, I sold the laptop I was using it for because it overheated ALL the time and just became total shit.

My question, with a good video card, lots of RAM, and a larger HD (only 80GB right now) does this have potential or what? Or should I just save for a dual core PC? The one I was using for dual core but only like 1.3GHZ or something but ran rFactor fast as lightning as long as it was cool.

JessAlba452
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I would absolutely save up for a dual core PC. Grab a cheap case off of newegg and piece together all the things yourself. It's gratifying building your own computer from scratch lol.

Found a forum post with someone that has almost the same specs. I've noticed you can run more cars within the game smoother with better specs, than without. :) Best of luck!

http://www.racesimulations.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=23335

civicturbo10
07-16-2010, 10:01 PM
I say redo it. Not worth trying to upgrade when quad core is out there. I redid mine in 09 and it runs awesome. Just too slow with all the bloated software over the last few years. Went SSD last year and it def is worth the upgrade. I still have buddies that use older stuff but when you do alot tasks on your pc and it's quick it's totally justified to spend the cash. IE. banking, online sales ads, pic organizing, research, gaming......