concidering I put 100-150 miles on her per day

I guess my main question is
are part store rotor cap and button ok?
What plug wires do y'all recommend?
Should I shell out for OEM Honda parts
I'm guessing I'm gonna run NGK plugs but
is any particular model I should use??
I'm concidering getting one of those red transperant
distributor cap ((is it quality or gimmicky))
who's air filter should I run??
Should I replace fuel filter aswell??

You guys get my drift!! PLEASE any input
is welcomed!! And if you got ANY other idea
on how to get more MPG .... by all means tell
me!!

Thanks in advanced guys!!

Bacon
06-28-2010, 07:23 AM
When replacing stuff like that, just go with what the parts store has in stock. As for the red dizzy cap, just for looks. I have always used K&N filters for everything, but that is a preference thing. The fuel filter probably wouldn't hurt to change. Also keeping an eye on your tire pressure somehow has an effect on gas mileage. NGK plugs are stock so go with that.

mikesEK
06-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Awesome!! Still'd like more input

preferredduck
06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
ngk or ngk v-power plugs will do and like advance will know which ones you need. i bought an accell dizzy cap and it crumbled a year later so i just use the black one that the parts store had. don't get cheap plug wires you may regret it or one may go bad fast. i would get the denso wires from advance while they may cost more it's oem so it's good. i used a WIX fuel filter and they have good reviews. a k&n air filter is good because you buy the cleaning kit and you won't have to buy another one and it does not take long to clean and is simple. get a regular old dizzy rotor or look on here for a good used one if you can. i would also check the timing with a timing light and check your dizzy coil and possibly replace. make sure no oil is getting in the dizzy too as this will cause it to go bad. also there is carbon build up it may not hurt to get a spray and spray it in the throttle body to possibly get rid of carbon deposits in the motor and intake sensors. i think that may cover most of it. pm me if you like and i'm sure others will give good advice. there is a new brank of plugs out that are supposed to be good advance has them and they are like $8 a pop but my brother swears by them. i would have to ask him the brand for ya and you can research it.

0\s accord
06-29-2010, 05:25 AM
wow your alwayz a big help to anyone that asks for it
bump for a good person :goodjob:
ngk or ngk v-power plugs will do and like advance will know which ones you need. i bought an accell dizzy cap and it crumbled a year later so i just use the black one that the parts store had. don't get cheap plug wires you may regret it or one may go bad fast. i would get the denso wires from advance while they may cost more it's oem so it's good. i used a WIX fuel filter and they have good reviews. a k&n air filter is good because you buy the cleaning kit and you won't have to buy another one and it does not take long to clean and is simple. get a regular old dizzy rotor or look on here for a good used one if you can. i would also check the timing with a timing light and check your dizzy coil and possibly replace. make sure no oil is getting in the dizzy too as this will cause it to go bad. also there is carbon build up it may not hurt to get a spray and spray it in the throttle body to possibly get rid of carbon deposits in the motor and intake sensors. i think that may cover most of it. pm me if you like and i'm sure others will give good advice. there is a new brank of plugs out that are supposed to be good advance has them and they are like $8 a pop but my brother swears by them. i would have to ask him the brand for ya and you can research it.

KevinT707
06-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Perhaps I'm biased because I've worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts in the past but I am currently using their dist. cap, button, fuel filter, oil filter, and the OE NGK spark plugs; all with no problems and not even their premium brand of those products either. My OEM plug wires haven't acted up yet so I'm still using them but I have noticed that the wires at auto parts stores always fit like crap; as in the wires are too long so there is unnecessary slack.

preferredduck
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Perhaps I'm biased because I've worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts in the past but I am currently using their dist. cap, button, fuel filter, oil filter, and the OE NGK spark plugs; all with no problems and not even their premium brand of those products either. My OEM plug wires haven't acted up yet so I'm still using them but I have noticed that the wires at auto parts stores always fit like crap; as in the wires are too long so there is unnecessary slack.

amen to the wires, oreily's has good parts too but since my bro worked at advance i used to get him to get me a discount and i think they carry alot of the same brands.

0/s accord-- i know alot abt honda's and it took alot to learn and asking questions so im always happy to help if i can.

Bacon
06-30-2010, 08:25 AM
I only prefer Advance because they usually have the parts I need in stock. :goodjob:

preferredduck
07-01-2010, 12:21 AM
amen, when autozoone says they don't know or carry a front main seal i tend to never call them again, advance tries to have imporrt and domestic covered well.

preferredduck
07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
wow your alwayz a big help to anyone that asks for it
bump for a good person :goodjob:

i have too much time on my hands when the kids are not around. i'm also great for trivia night sense i retain a bunch of useless knowledge!!:fightpig:

mikesEK
07-08-2010, 12:42 AM
thanks yall..... i was talking to a dude i bumped into at the parts store and .... he was raving on how great seafoam is!! any of you guys ever use it?? ((if so, where and how..like crankcase? fuel?))
ive always used marvel mystery oil ((in fuel))because..........well ummmmm all the bow-tie guys i grew up with used it said it was the best thing since sliced bread.. idunno if it really cleans anything
but i run it generally when i change the oil ((again in the fuel))

i used to put MMO in the crankcase/oil ..... but a friend of mine who's worked on cars forever told me ""id NEVER run MMO in my block except to wash out the oil , run it 20/30 miles
before an oil change"" and went on to say it just thinned out the oil to much and more technical shit i didn't really understand......... whata you guys think?

SEAFOAM >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL >>>>> http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/

mikesEK
07-08-2010, 12:50 AM
another thing guys..... i generally run 10-40 syn ((what ever brand is on sale at the time)) and buy that $15 lucas syn additive ,which i think is a quart alone
and run that for 5000 miles ......you guys got any input/suggestions for the weight? the brand? the mix? ..... again I've always ran lucas cuz at a young age is was pounded in
my head ((by the old school small-block guys)) that Lucas is God's gift to an engine (especially with high milage) ...keep in mind its a D15 with 170K miles

LUCUS ""i use the one with the BLACK label"" >>>>>http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products_overviews.sd?iid=4&catid=6

jdm-civic
07-08-2010, 01:02 AM
ngk plugs and wires, new fuel filter, rotor cap and button! check air filter too or replace with a k n n filter

mikesEK
07-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Bump

mikesEK
07-10-2010, 01:11 PM
no feedback on the marvels or seafoam??

slostang
07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
It isnt worth it.