PDA

View Full Version : tmracing83 = TIME WASTER!

Rsporty
06-26-2010, 06:43 PM
This guy said he really needed the the OEM exhaust (cat to muffler) from my '95 Integra Ls parts car.
So, I get it on jack stands in my back yard and get the exhaust off and let him know it's ready.
He jerks me around for two weeks, saying he'll get it tomorrow, then the next day, then the next day, then in a few days.
He even has me wait up, til after 11pm on a Monday night, because he doesn't get off till 11 and will text me when he's on his way as soon as he gets off.
I finally text him around 11:30 and he replies that he's still at work and will be here by Friday, at the very latest and promises to "rep" me and post a "good buyer" thread about me for being so patient.
Friday came and went and now, he won't answer his phone or texts.
I even passed on two other buyers, because I promised it to him and was trying to be a good seller.
Just beware, if dealing with him.
He might not do it to you, BUT HE MIGHT.

NOW, 3 days after the "Friday at the latest" that he never showed for, he texts me and says he's "in Florida and just kept forgetting to get back to" me.

Scotsman
06-26-2010, 10:25 PM
in the world of IA ," money talks and BS walks" , my two pence

civicturbo10
06-26-2010, 10:35 PM
After the first failed attempt, i would of ditched him and moved on. Flakes come with the territory. It's gotten so bad i have to take extra steps....

Scotsman
06-26-2010, 10:45 PM
After the first failed attempt, i would of ditched him and moved on. Flakes come with the territory. It's gotten so bad i have to take extra steps....

two steps to the left..................

Rsporty
06-29-2010, 12:22 PM
UPDATE!

Tech5
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Boo hooo.......

This is it what you get for dealing with the internet world my friend....If I could have a $1.00 for each person that said they want something I have , and they have cash and will get it next day or week ...I would be a Donald Trump Just sayin....

Money does talk and BS will walk!!!

Rsporty
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Boo Hoo?
I'm not crying.
Just doing what this part of the forum is for and letting people know what they might expect if dealing with him.
Oh, well. The world still spins.

stillaneon
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
i think the point here, is that you should never expect anything. Prepare yourself for the worst. I would have told him, let me know if you are interested, and move on. If he wants it, then he will make a way to get it. If he doesn't, then he didn't want it bad enough. But you need to work more on the idea of, I will keep trying to sell this item until someone shows up with Cash.

You might have had a complaint if he had asked you to drive 45 minutes - 2 hours to meet him and he never showed up, but staying up till 11:00PM isn't a huge inconvenience when you can be in bed waiting for a response.

Rsporty
06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah. I understand what y'all are saying.
Like I said, I'm just putting the word out there for anyone else who might come across him as a buyer.
Isn't that what this section is for?

Tech5
06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes but don't abuse it though. Some people has jobs,careers,school,lifes to live and has to plan for a meet and sometimes it is hard. So to rule this guy out being a bad buyer because he couldn't make time to meet you is absurd . I think you should just say screw him , move on and never deal with him yourself. But to tarnish someone's name that you have not dealt with in person or attempt to meet is to me silly.
move on , and lesson learn made here for you next time dealing with the public.

quickdodgeŽ
06-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes but don't abuse it though. Some people has jobs,careers,school,lifes to live and has to plan for a meet and sometimes it is hard. So to rule this guy out being a bad buyer because he couldn't make time to meet you is absurd . I think you should just say screw him , move on and never deal with him yourself. But to tarnish someone's name that you have not dealt with in person or attempt to meet is to me silly.
move on , and lesson learn made here for you next time dealing with the public.

I think the OPs complaint is legit. I don't see anything wrong the post or complaint. But the point has been made and there is no need to keep going on and on about it. Later, QD.

Rsporty
06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Not attempt to meet?
I tried to get with this guy EVERY DAY for over 2 weeks.
We made plans over and over, and he never contacted me to cancel or to tell me that plans would have to be changed, until I contacted him to find out why I haven't heard from him, AFTER we were supposed to get together.
And, every time, he would say that he really needed it and, please don't sell it to anybody else and make more plans to meet, that he never showed up for.
Sure, I was trying to make some cash, but I was also trying to be considerate and help out another car guy.
I've got a life, too, and put my life and plans on hold, several times, trying to work this out because he, supposedly, really needed it.
If you don't agree or understand, that's cool, but I'm not gonna argue any more about a situation that I'm sure would have pissed you off if it were you in my position.
I appreciate your views, but maybe, we're just not gonna see eye to eye on this.
Either way, take care and no hard feelings.

Elbow
06-29-2010, 03:46 PM
This is why if I have something for sale, they can come to me. I don't go out of my way AT ALL to meet or any of that BS when selling stuff.

civicturbo10
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Not attempt to meet?
We made plans over and over, and he never contacted me to cancel or to tell me that plans would have to be changed, until I contacted him to find out why I haven't heard from him, AFTER we were supposed to get together.
And, every time, he would say that he really needed it and, please don't sell it to anybody else and make more plans to meet, that he never showed up for.
Sure, I was trying to make some cash, but I was also trying to be considerate and help out another car guy.
I've got a life, too, and put my life and plans on hold, several times, trying to work this out because he, supposedly, really needed it.
If you don't agree or understand, that's cool, but I'm not gonna argue any more about a situation that I'm sure would have pissed you off if it were you in my position.
I appreciate your views, but maybe, we're just not gonna see eye to eye on this.

Agreed. That is why i change things up. Reminds me of job interviews or getting sic at work. Never be late for an interview. If you are you def need to call to tell your extenuating circumstance why.... Sick - call your boss. I had a good friend of mine fired for being non chalant about his visiit to the doctors office that morning. Employer and another buddy were calling hospitals to make sure he was ok, and generally concerned. My friend finally got a hold of him and asked him to call in. He did after the office closed. Wrong move.

This was a business transaction and i would imagine those type rules apply. Sure i'm late sometimes but don't pull a no show, no call. Even though it's a laid back transaction. Sure i'im compassionate but i keep it in chk.

Tech5
06-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Not attempt to meet?

Attempted from the other party not you....meaning called you made a time and place and you two was post to meet. Then I can see a issue...
If it was me? Man I have been dealing with the general public longer then you have been alive, I have been there but whoopy do Shit happens, learn from it and if you do allow this to happen again then all you can do is blame yourself.

it's over and done , dry those little blue eyes up and move abouts. Now don't think I am sticking up for this Guy as i don't know him I am just speaking from reading all these cry babys on here about this guy wanted to buy my POS parts and he backed out with out telling me blah blah blah .Man I would like to know what you would have done if he stolen your Girlfriend geesshh,,

quickdodgeŽ
06-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Attempted from the other party not you....meaning called you made a time and place and you two was post to meet. Then I can see a issue...
If it was me? Man I have been dealing with the general public longer then you have been alive, I have been there but whoopy do Shit happens, learn from it and if you do allow this to happen again then all you can do is blame yourself.

it's over and done , dry those little blue eyes up and move abouts. Now don't think I am sticking up for this Guy as i don't know him I am just speaking from reading all these cry babys on here about this guy wanted to buy my POS parts and he backed out with out telling me blah blah blah .Man I would like to know what you would have done if he stolen your Girlfriend geesshh,,

Completely wrong. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
06-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Let me add that as I believe the complaint by the OP is legit, I also see the other side of it. After the first time or two, he should have put the thing back up for sale and not waited on tmracing.

Both sides are correct and this can just be an un-costly lesson as no one lost money or parts. Later, QD.