PDA

View Full Version : Results: Kizdaway Dyno Challenge

Moseley
06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Well since KF is pretty much dead... no point in keeping this a secret. Here are the results from the dyno "challenge" at mainstream

blue = all motor
red = 75 shot

Edit: video of the dyno pull and a little street pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG00kKZ2jP4
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/Moseley525/kizdaway.jpg

NEMO
06-28-2010, 10:03 AM
weak sauce! just sayin...

all this big talk about his car I really expected more

BABY J
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I hope you are looking at the right number... the HP number is misleading. Don't forget how instant the tq-surge is on the gas NEMO. If it's light enuff and the rear-suspension is dialed this car could be a beast. That's nasty torque on the gas. Anytime you add 100ft lbs instantly that's a ride sir.

Moseley
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
weak sauce! just sayin...

all this big talk about his car I really expected more

Well this is what B and H guys don't seem to get... this car is nearly 100% OEM parts. Just a few bolt ons, mixing up a bunch of OEM parts, and a tune. It has been a DD for 3.5 years now and will probably go on like this for a few more. Say the bottom end finally goes... 600 bucks for another OEM short block and good to go for a few more years... LOL

NEMO
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I hope you are looking at the right number... the HP number is misleading. Don't forget how instant the tq-surge is on the gas NEMO. If it's light enuff and the rear-suspension is dialed this car could be a beast. That's nasty torque on the gas. Anytime you add 100ft lbs instantly that's a ride sir.

i was mainly looking at the all motor numbers not the nitrous.

NEMO
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Well this is what B and H guys don't seem to get... this car is nearly 100% OEM parts. Just a few bolt ons, mixing up a bunch of OEM parts, and a tune. It has been a DD for 3.5 years now and will probably go on like this for a few more. Say the bottom end finally goes... 600 bucks for another OEM short block and good to go for a few more years... LOL
and we are going to get on this again. take h22 jones his dad hatch is 100% OEM parts pushing over 250whp and over 170tq and dont forget 32mpg :goodjob:

what was your point agian :thinking:

Moseley
06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
and we are going to get on this again. take h22 jones his dad hatch is 100% OEM parts pushing over 250whp and over 170tq and dont forget 32mpg :goodjob:

what was your point agian :thinking:

OH RLY? I thought it was...

skunk2 stage 2 cams
port and polished head
h23 crank
12.3 compression
port and polished stock intake
rmf header
rc550 injectors
253 hp 181tourge
stock throttle body
bull crap exuast

Thats what i have and its realy cheap to do hope that helps.

NEMO
06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
OH RLY? I thought it was...

skunk2 stage 2 cams
port and polished head
h23 crank
12.3 compression
port and polished stock intake
rmf header
rc550 injectors
253 hp 181tourge
stock throttle body
bull crap exuast

Thats what i have and its realy cheap to do hope that helps.

NEMO
06-28-2010, 12:09 PM
and all the p&p was done by his dad. and not taking anything away from his dad because he does do a great job.

NEMO
06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
so again. what was your point again :thinking:

05dc5s
06-28-2010, 12:18 PM
so again. what was your point again :thinking:

It might have been that a 2.3, high compression, cammed and ported head H series only made 12 more hp than a bolt-on 2.0 K.

NEMO
06-28-2010, 12:41 PM
It might have been that a 2.3, high compression, cammed and ported head H series only made 12 more hp than a bolt-on 2.0 K.
you can try to play that shit with someone else. im not gonna be the one the out someones setup. i respect the down play

DarKStaR
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
id hope so mr lsvtec ;)

05dc5s
06-28-2010, 01:58 PM
LOL at playing. I know the car quite a bit better than you and Louis has been pretty open about his setup. Its nothing special just a well planned and put together K swapped car.

NEMO
06-28-2010, 02:10 PM
id hope so mr lsvtec ;)
:ninja:

LOL at playing. I know the car quite a bit better than you and Louis has been pretty open about his setup. Its nothing special just a well planned and put together K swapped car.its cool my friends went along with me telling people i still had lsv after i swapped to h2b also.

jdm_crx_man
06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
god that k sounds so good....i love how positive the gearing is on that tranny

1civic
06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
It's still Slow!!! Lmao.....

Evil Goat
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
not impressed...

Z0_o6
06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
not a bad street car at all. keep up the good work.

05dc5s
06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
not a bad street car at all. keep up the good work.

LMAO I LOVE your sig.

ACCORDPRIDE
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
not impressed...

awwwwwww imagine that

Evil Goat
06-29-2010, 01:40 PM
awwwwwww imagine that

i know, right? the dyno sheet looks good but that car appears to pull like a n/a d-series

Moseley
06-30-2010, 07:25 PM
i know, right? the dyno sheet looks good but that car appears to pull like a n/a d-series

Hahaha. If that is the case then I guess w/o spray your GTO pulls like a slower n/a d-series.

ACCORDPRIDE
06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Hahaha. If that is the case then I guess w/o spray your GTO pulls like a slower n/a d-series.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no- i know u didnt jus talk about the worlds fastest red ,2door, rwd , nitrousfed , stickered up, cammed, 6spd ,gutted gto thats ever been on this planet

Fast4DoorDC
07-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Lmfao^^^^^ but anyways nice nice numbers

05dc5s
07-02-2010, 11:15 AM

QFT!

BABY J
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Goat is yours the FASTEST or the QUICKEST??

Evil Goat
07-02-2010, 04:23 PM

maybe next time you should clarify then....i assume you mean the video was of the car on motor, if that's the case i retract my statement and demand a video on spray

Goat is yours the FASTEST or the QUICKEST??

fastest according to ls1gto.com, quickest? i have no idea....i've trapped as high as 130, maybe there are quicker out there maybe not, no clue

BABY J
07-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Right on - that's good stuff man.

Moseley
07-04-2010, 11:10 AM
maybe next time you should clarify then....i assume you mean the video was of the car on motor, if that's the case i retract my statement and demand a video on spray

Yep that was all motor... I don't have any recent videos of it on spray, just a few older ones.

Moseley
07-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Posted a video on spray... lol can't wait to see some of these hater's comments

RL...
07-06-2010, 02:11 AM
not impressed...my stock fat grocery getter could prob keep up with this thing without spray.

Moseley
07-06-2010, 07:08 AM
not impressed...my stock fat grocery getter could prob keep up with this thing without spray.

Maybe if the white R35 is your stock fat grocery getter.

Vteckidd
07-06-2010, 07:54 AM
For reference:

Luis car makes 240ish whp. Chunkys BUiLt k series made 240ish, my built lsvtec made 237whp, mike jones h23 is a built motor and makes 250whp (nemo he has rods and pistons iirc because the first time he didn't and his sleeved block didn't like oem pistons).

So if Luis really is OEM parts (which i believe it is), he makes what everyone elses bigger displacement, built motors make.

300+ on spray is pretty nasty too

Apex1972
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Posted a video on spray... lol can't wait to see some of these hater's comments

where is the video?

Moseley
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
For reference:

Luis car makes 240ish whp. Chunkys BUiLt k series made 240ish, my built lsvtec made 237whp, mike jones h23 is a built motor and makes 250whp (nemo he has rods and pistons iirc because the first time he didn't and his sleeved block didn't like oem pistons).

So if Luis really is OEM parts (which i believe it is), he makes what everyone elses bigger displacement, built motors make.

300+ on spray is pretty nasty too

:goodjob:

it's not always about what's between the air filter and exhaust tip ;)

Z0_o6
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
then wheres the nitrous jet?! :D

Vteckidd
07-06-2010, 07:12 PM
:goodjob:

it's not always about what's between the air filter and exhaust tip ;)

True :p

We need to all get together again

07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
:goodjob:.................................. good numbers...............................:goodjob:

Quicksilverado
07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
So what does it run at the track?

Got Milk?
07-27-2010, 01:38 AM
shit looks slow as fuk, and this was a secret why?

Moseley
07-28-2010, 11:08 AM

I dunno... it puts about two or three buslengths from 40-120 on a car that ran 12.7 @ 109. Whatever that computes to.

b16eg
07-28-2010, 01:28 PM
looks to be slow as fuck.

Moseley
07-28-2010, 01:29 PM
lol @ you guys not realizing the 12 second camera car is on it. ok so I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear and lost some momentum. but otherwise that is all the M3 had and the hatch wasn't on spray.

b16eg
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
lol @ you guys not realizing the 12 second camera car is on it. ok so I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear and lost some momentum. but otherwise that is all the M3 had and the hatch wasn't on spray.

like I said, slow as fuck.

Moseley
07-28-2010, 01:41 PM
like I said, slow as fuck.

Since when are daily driven civics that can trap over 120mph slow as fuck?

oh wait you're just a n00b...

Vteckidd
07-28-2010, 07:54 PM
i think because its not a video of a 1000hp GTR at the Nurburgring they are hating LOL

a MID 12 second NA Honda will roll almost anything stop light to stop light. Might lose to a $70,000 Z06 or Viper here an there but youll still have a good day most of the time

Quicksilverado
07-29-2010, 05:20 PM
I dunno... it puts about two or three buslengths from 40-120 on a car that ran 12.7 @ 109. Whatever that computes to.

That is ricer talk. It can trap 120-125 and still run a 14 second 1/4. Get it to the track and see what it will do.

05dc5s
07-29-2010, 08:54 PM
That is ricer talk. It can trap 120-125 and still run a 14 second 1/4. Get it to the track and see what it will do.

While I agree with you that it would be good to see this car hit the drag strip. I disagree about that being "ricer" talk. The same logic youre using to say that the car can trap 120-125 and run a 14.0 can be reversed on a car that has an abnormally low et for its trap thus making it only good at a drag strip or if you happen to be able to pull up to a willing car to run from a traffic light. Since this is a street car which is much more likely to being rolling along and encounter someone in that manner I think it was a perfect demonstration of what the car is capable of. Particularly since it has'nt been to the track in its most recent configuration.

No doubt though with how light it is that with the proper set of tires it would lay down an impressive e.t. for its power level. I know im anxious to see what that might be.

07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
a MID 12 second NA Honda will roll almost anything stop light to stop light. Might lose to a $70,000 Z06 or Viper here an there but youll still have a good day most of the time

Thats IF its a mid 12 second NA honda, but what about a 10 sec NA civic hatch:ninja:

Z0_o6
07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
it'll beat everything but faster cars. duh.

Quicksilverado
07-29-2010, 10:39 PM
While I agree with you that it would be good to see this car hit the drag strip. I disagree about that being "ricer" talk. The same logic youre using to say that the car can trap 120-125 and run a 14.0 can be reversed on a car that has an abnormally low et for its trap thus making it only good at a drag strip or if you happen to be able to pull up to a willing car to run from a traffic light. Since this is a street car which is much more likely to being rolling along and encounter someone in that manner I think it was a perfect demonstration of what the car is capable of. Particularly since it has'nt been to the track in its most recent configuration.

No doubt though with how light it is that with the proper set of tires it would lay down an impressive e.t. for its power level. I know im anxious to see what that might be.

What? If you can't run a number at the track and daily drive it, Then you roll race aka ricer talk. I daily drive my truck and it will perform just as well at the track as it will on the street. A set of slicks will do wonders.

05dc5s
07-29-2010, 10:58 PM
What? If you can't run a number at the track and daily drive it, Then you roll race aka ricer talk. I daily drive my truck and it will perform just as well at the track as it will on the street. A set of slicks will do wonders.

No. It's not ricer talk at all sorry. He used an example of the cars ability to accelerate from one given speed to another and just because it was'nt from 0-XXX does'nt make it ricer talk. A car that can get off the line well but then falls off as it goes down the 1320 due to either gearing or power to weight or both is no better or worse than another car that does'nt get off the line as well but picks up acceleration as it goes down the track if both cars run the same E.T.

So just because he used an example of a speed contest thats most likely to occur between two street cars does'nt mean hes talking like a ricer. Yes slicks do wonders and yes I want to see this car at the strip but I'm sorry on the whole "ricer talk" thing we just disagree.

Quicksilverado
07-29-2010, 11:11 PM
No. It's not ricer talk at all sorry. He used an example of the cars ability to accelerate from one given speed to another and just because it was'nt from 0-XXX does'nt make it ricer talk. A car that can get off the line well but then falls off as it goes down the 1320 due to either gearing or power to weight or both is no better or worse than another car that does'nt get off the line as well but picks up acceleration as it goes down the track if both cars run the same E.T.

So just because he used an example of a speed contest thats most likely to occur between two street cars does'nt mean hes talking like a ricer. Yes slicks do wonders and yes I want to see this car at the strip but I'm sorry on the whole "ricer talk" thing we just disagree.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but roll racing is ricer talk.

Z0_o6
07-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I disagree. Roll racing may not be the most difficult by any means, but it is still a competition between two cars. On anything other than big slicks I'd never bother trying a fast car from a dig in my civic.

05dc5s
07-29-2010, 11:19 PM

No youre still wrong and I am beginning to think youre good at it lol. Here is an examle: You maybe have a quick truck that maybe runs a good e.t. at the track but I doubt that it can reach 160mph because of gearing or aero. Now because my not quick at all rsx can acheive that speed does it mean your truck is any less impressive? No of course not. This is because it's a matter or opinion, preference, or conditions on the type of speed contest you may set your car up for. This car can and will do well at the track but thats not where its most likely to be found so using an example of a speed contest that it is most likely to encounter is a fair and accurate gauge of the cars ability. Just because it's yet to be measured by your gauge of preference does't give you any more right to call it a ricer than it would me or many other non-quick cars the right to call your call slow because we can reach a higher top speed than you on the freeway.

LOL by your standards any car thats yet to run their current setup at the track but sites an example of their capability of their new performance is a ricer. Hahaha youre funny :)

Quicksilverado
07-30-2010, 07:45 AM
I can understand people racing on the street from a roll. It is still ricer talk though. Truck has 3.42 rear gear and with the tall tires they are probably closer to 3.08. It may be a brick going down the road, but it has enough power to overcome that. Truck with equivalent power went 192 in the standing mile. I'm not crazy enough to attempt that however. Unless your DC5 is modded I doubt it could hit 160.

Moseley
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM

Since the owner of the hatch doesn't own slicks, slicks are not DOT legal, and it is a DAILY DRIVEN STREET CAR... the car runs drag radials on the street and does a lot of runs from 40mph because that is where it hooks up.

So if talking roll racing with STREET CARS is ricer talk, what is it when you say "it aint shit unless you show me an ET"... redneck talk?

05dc5s
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
I can understand people racing on the street from a roll. It is still ricer talk though. Truck has 3.42 rear gear and with the tall tires they are probably closer to 3.08. It may be a brick going down the road, but it has enough power to overcome that. Truck with equivalent power went 192 in the standing mile. I'm not crazy enough to attempt that however. Unless your DC5 is modded I doubt it could hit 160.

It got a little off topic me making the assumption(because I truly dont know nor care) that your car couldnt reach 160 but that was just an example to demonstrate my point which is something you may want to try because just repeating "roll racing is ricer talk" over and over really proves nothing. Perhaps you could show some correlation between someone citing an example of a speed contest not starting from a dig and someone making their car look like a spaceship otherwise you should just stop.

thundercatz1
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM

Well spoken argument.

ejohnson88
07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Trol-trol-tro-Trollllin.

thundercatz1
07-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Trol-trol-tro-Trollllin.

Are you referring to mwah?

Quicksilverado
07-30-2010, 07:13 PM
It got a little off topic me making the assumption(because I truly dont know nor care) that your car couldnt reach 160 but that was just an example to demonstrate my point which is something you may want to try because just repeating "roll racing is ricer talk" over and over really proves nothing. Perhaps you could show some correlation between someone citing an example of a speed contest not starting from a dig and someone making their car look like a spaceship otherwise you should just stop.

I simply asked what the car ran at the track. Plenty of cars can go to the dyno and make good #s. I was curious what it could do at the track. Anyone can do highway runs, but cannot produce a good elasped time. No traction or suspension mods needed for roll racing. Sorry man, I'm old school and hwy rolls are ricer races. Standing mile is also a good indication of a cars capabilities. And your argument about a car performing good by runnning a good et and not traping very well is ridiculous. Just because someone has a ride setup to perform to its potential and run a good et in my opinion, means they have spent more time tweaking it for the best results possible, given they have a low amount of horse power. If the car is making the #s the op said, and given the weight it should perform well at the track . If not, some seat time at the track and some tweaking will make him a better driver from a dig.

BABY J
07-30-2010, 07:26 PM
YES it was ricer talk. PERIOD. Buses? How long is a bus? No1 knows... so how does any1 know how long MULTIPLE buses are? You both make great arguments -- but it's STILL considered ricer talk in most MATURE circles.

The MAIN reason why rolls are ricer talk is b/c cars don't talk shit on the internet - PEOPLE do. A roll race takes the PERSON out of the mix. You talk shit on the net I wanna take YOU down (and your car can come along if it likes - LOL). A car that wins from 20 - 120 can lose from 40 - 140, or get straight ANNILATED from a 60 kick. Welcome to Riceville.

NONE of what I just said takes anything away from the cars performance. Eminno went 14.2 @ a million MPH in a 300hp Accord. I went 13.9 @ 99 on streets w/ a 168hp civic, and then slower but faster (LOL: 14.2 at 106) on streets/nitrous. Car guys know to look at the mile-an-hour and say "damn, on a tire and the right suspension that civic will roll the fuck out, but that's bench racing.) If Emmino and I sit down from a 40 kick I'd BARELY roll out and then proceed to get my ass handed to me. From a 60 I might as well not even waste my gas - from 60 he now has a ROCKET ship. From a 20 roll --> I now have a rocket ship. You can setup a roll race to be in your favor EVERY time (when I see Vettes they want me at 60, I want them at 40 -- they know why I want low speed and I know why they want more speed). RICER TALK is RICER TALK, even when it comes from the pilot of a rocket-ship. ;)

back to your regulary scheduled thread.

thundercatz1
07-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Both sides make great arguing statements.....

07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
YES it was ricer talk. PERIOD. Buses? How long is a bus? No1 knows... so how does any1 know how long MULTIPLE buses are? You both make great arguments -- but it's STILL considered ricer talk in most MATURE circles.

The MAIN reason why rolls are ricer talk is b/c cars don't talk shit on the internet - PEOPLE do. A roll race takes the PERSON out of the mix. You talk shit on the net I wanna take YOU down (and your car can come along if it likes - LOL). A car that wins from 20 - 120 can lose from 40 - 140, or get straight ANNILATED from a 60 kick. Welcome to Riceville.

NONE of what I just said takes anything away from the cars performance. Eminno went 14.2 @ a million MPH in a 300hp Accord. I went 13.9 @ 99 on streets w/ a 168hp civic, and then slower but faster (LOL: 14.2 at 106) on streets/nitrous. Car guys know to look at the mile-an-hour and say "damn, on a tire and the right suspension that civic will roll the fuck out, but that's bench racing.) If Emmino and I sit down from a 40 kick I'd BARELY roll out and then proceed to get my ass handed to me. From a 60 I might as well not even waste my gas - from 60 he now has a ROCKET ship. From a 20 roll --> I now have a rocket ship. You can setup a roll race to be in your favor EVERY time (when I see Vettes they want me at 60, I want them at 40 -- they know why I want low speed and I know why they want more speed). RICER TALK is RICER TALK, even when it comes from the pilot of a rocket-ship. ;)

J, u just a dig run kind of guy. Everybodys not like that. I'm MAINLY a roll race type of guy myself and could CARE FU*KING LESS about what ppl say about me not doing dig runs. You know what i say about that? If i do a bunch of digs, then who in the fu*k besides me is gonna pay for axle replacment, tires etc etc!!??!! NOONE BUT ME!

So who cares about the "MATURE" circles!!?? Let them talk all they want cause THEY DONT PAY FOR SHIT! AND THEY DIDNT "ORINGINALLY" make the "rules" to racing. Yea u can set up a roll race in your favor and proly everytime, but what if i say car#1 is twice as fast as car#2 but the driver in car#1 doesnt know how to take off that well and car#2 beats his ass EVERYTIME! U would say "oh well he should know how to drive his car before he talks all this shit" but in actualality, he does know how to drive his car, BUT BUT the driver in car#2 is just THAT BETTER of a driver so even though he has a slower car he still outdrove the DRIVER in car#1 BUT BUT that doesnt make his car fu*cking faster!!

You see what i'm saying J? U say its "ricer" talk but ITS THE SAME THING with dig runs it just doesnt have a "ricer" type name for it. People talk shit but so what? Your car is faster than James accord from a 20-100 roll probably, but after that or at a higher roll, james will kill you right?? Let me ask u this, Even though in the end he has a faster car cause he can beat u from a 60+roll does it mean ur car is slow?? HELL NO!! cause u can destroy his as from 20-100 roll. doesnt mean he's better than u, just his car is faster in certain areas of the mph band, but I BET U HE WILL RESPECT UR ASS ON THE LOW END! whether you care about that or not DOESNT MATTER! cause the end result is the same! he's faster up top and u are down low. PERIOD!

Sometime u guys take this whole STREET RACING thing waaayyyy to seriously. DAMN!

05dc5s
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I simply asked what the car ran at the track. Plenty of cars can go to the dyno and make good #s. I was curious what it could do at the track. Anyone can do highway runs, but cannot produce a good elasped time. No traction or suspension mods needed for roll racing. Sorry man, I'm old school and hwy rolls are ricer races. Standing mile is also a good indication of a cars capabilities. And your argument about a car performing good by runnning a good et and not traping very well is ridiculous. Just because someone has a ride setup to perform to its potential and run a good et in my opinion, means they have spent more time tweaking it for the best results possible, given they have a low amount of horse power. If the car is making the #s the op said, and given the weight it should perform well at the track . If not, some seat time at the track and some tweaking will make him a better driver from a dig.

You asked what the car ran at the track and it has yet to be back to the track in its current configuration. When another example was cited to demonstrate what the car was capable of you called it ricer talk. However you have yet show any correlation between that example and it being ricer talk. How your being "old school"(which is so cliche btw) and that somehow making a highway speed contest a ricer race is what is ridiculous. The example I cited about running a good et with a low trap was not. When you called it ricer talk you were refering the car in a negative context and that example was used to "defend" the car because its a very respectable car thats daily driven, reliable, quick, and was built by the owner in a garage.

I do agree the car should do well at the track and I also agreed that I wanted to see what it would run. It like most car will require some dialing in but I expect it to be very impressive for its power level. Where we still disagree is that a roll race is a ricer race and that the example was ricer talk. There are many non ricer cars including this one that choose to engage in that sort of a speed challenge so you're statement which you have yet to back up is flawed.

What is your best e.t. and trap?

05dc5s
07-30-2010, 10:48 PM

LOL yes it wasnt the most accurate gauge of the cars capability you're right but no it was'nt ricer talk. You do take out a lot of skill thats true and you're right that different cars because of their different power levels and gearing do better from different speeds. However how does a car racing from a roll make it a ricer car or using that as a gauge make it ricer talk?

Saying you can set up a roll to be in your favor everytime(by changing the starting and ending speeds) is true but you can set up any sort of race to be in your favor if you change a variable and this includes quarter mile contests. So how again is that ricer talk? How is that a ricer racer? Is it simply because its not what you prefer? I have yet to see your point?

And more mature? Really? I mean come on you have gone to meets and certainly you have seen the hordes of immature and ignorant people that only care what their car will run from a dig.

I do want to be clear that I'm not trying to make this an import vs. domestic as I am well aware that ignorance has no boundries. I just think that example wasnt ricer talk and that a car that roll races because as a street car that what it's most likely to encounter does'nt make it ricer car or that discussion of said racers is ricer talk.

BABY J
07-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok - maybe you're hung up on the terminology. Maybe it isn't "ricer talk" but it's "bench-racing" "hopes and dreams" racing. Let's take a look...

Originally Posted by Quicksilverado

TECHNICALLY "I dunno" is all that should have been said. Why? B/c it put "3 buses" from 40 - 120 doesn't mean that he couldn't have got his shit rocked from 60 - 140, or 0 - 120 for that matter. Everyone knows that every1 and their grandmom has a "fast Honda" from the roll... but those SAME cars from the dig are WEAK. Welcome to wrong wheel drive. VTECKIDDS 200+hp rex KILLED my ET on motor... I never got into the 13s. YET, I pulled consistent 2.29s on Firestone Whateverthefucks and he was on a big slick/Lensos and we had the same 60 (he saw low 2.30s). Had we lined up together it would have LOOKED LIKE I came to the show BECAUSE IT WAS FROM THE DIG. But if we did a 60 or 40 pull he would have checked the fuck out and been in a diff zip code by the time I shut down.

It's ricer-talk b/c he is comparing his ROLL RESULTS against the other cars times from the DIG. While we're at it let's compare apples to helicopters... sounds fair. I'd LOVE to see him try to lay that power down in a wrong-wheel drive car and still roll out as hard as he did from the roll. 16.5 @ 217mph and STILL loses. :crazy:

To each his own. I am not negating how quick the car is, and we KNOW it makes the power. I'm just saying that you can't compare some1s dig trap to the lengths you put on them from a roll and learn anything useful. My 68 CRANK hp '77 civic hatch is a 0 - 20mph MONSTER... LOL. I bet Clarke doesn't even want none from 0 - 20LOL. After that though... yeah... you know the rest. :)

Cheerio kids. I'd love to see that car at the track though.

NEMO
07-31-2010, 08:21 AM
take my old build for example. it put down 252whp 170tq. at the track the lowest et i could get was 12.9 at 107-110(i think) on DR. next time i was out at the track had 22" slick and couldnt break into the 12s.

now take that setup and put it on the street from a low roll and it would move out pretty hard.

Moseley
07-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Ok - maybe you're hung up on the terminology. Maybe it isn't "ricer talk" but it's "bench-racing" "hopes and dreams" racing. Let's take a look...

Originally Posted by Quicksilverado

TECHNICALLY "I dunno" is all that should have been said. Why? B/c it put "3 buses" from 40 - 120 doesn't mean that he couldn't have got his shit rocked from 60 - 140, or 0 - 120 for that matter. Everyone knows that every1 and their grandmom has a "fast Honda" from the roll... but those SAME cars from the dig are WEAK. Welcome to wrong wheel drive. VTECKIDDS 200+hp rex KILLED my ET on motor... I never got into the 13s. YET, I pulled consistent 2.29s on Firestone Whateverthefucks and he was on a big slick/Lensos and we had the same 60 (he saw low 2.30s). Had we lined up together it would have LOOKED LIKE I came to the show BECAUSE IT WAS FROM THE DIG. But if we did a 60 or 40 pull he would have checked the fuck out and been in a diff zip code by the time I shut down.

It's ricer-talk b/c he is comparing his ROLL RESULTS against the other cars times from the DIG. While we're at it let's compare apples to helicopters... sounds fair. I'd LOVE to see him try to lay that power down in a wrong-wheel drive car and still roll out as hard as he did from the roll. 16.5 @ 217mph and STILL loses. :crazy:

To each his own. I am not negating how quick the car is, and we KNOW it makes the power. I'm just saying that you can't compare some1s dig trap to the lengths you put on them from a roll and learn anything useful. My 68 CRANK hp '77 civic hatch is a 0 - 20mph MONSTER... LOL. I bet Clarke doesn't even want none from 0 - 20LOL. After that though... yeah... you know the rest. :)

Cheerio kids. I'd love to see that car at the track though.

I mostly agree with what you're saying... I just don't think it is as drastic as you make it out to be. Apples vs Helicopters? nah. I guess I know the car a lot better than random people posting on here and I know it's not just going to sit in one place and spin from a dig.

Ironically Luis let me borrow his car last night so I made some videos. After reading this I wish I would have launched from a 4k dump or something because it hooks better than I thought (it was on 24" radials)

I'd love to see it on slicks at a well prepped track too, and I'd be willing to drop some cash on a bet that it would run better than 11.50. So call it ricer talk or whataver you want, I would just call it speculation or an educated guess. Watch for yourself and see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F-6_EoVWQ0

Quicksilverado
07-31-2010, 09:50 AM
You asked what the car ran at the track and it has yet to be back to the track in its current configuration. When another example was cited to demonstrate what the car was capable of you called it ricer talk. However you have yet show any correlation between that example and it being ricer talk. How your being "old school"(which is so cliche btw) and that somehow making a highway speed contest a ricer race is what is ridiculous. The example I cited about running a good et with a low trap was not. When you called it ricer talk you were refering the car in a negative context and that example was used to "defend" the car because its a very respectable car thats daily driven, reliable, quick, and was built by the owner in a garage.

I do agree the car should do well at the track and I also agreed that I wanted to see what it would run. It like most car will require some dialing in but I expect it to be very impressive for its power level. Where we still disagree is that a roll race is a ricer race and that the example was ricer talk. There are many non ricer cars including this one that choose to engage in that sort of a speed challenge so you're statement which you have yet to back up is flawed.

What is your best e.t. and trap?

How is calling it ricer talk, being negative. If a vette and a mustang roll race, it is the same thing. I have not once said anything negative about the op's car or any others. If someone roll races they are running a ricers race. That is what it is pure and simply. It like running from a dig is neither good or bad. You choose to think that I look down on it, which I don't. I am not a fan of street racing however. If someone decides to street race I hope they at least do it when there are no other cars and innocent people around. Did not mean to get your thong in a wad. I'll just drop it since I seem to have struck a nerve.

Quicksilverado
07-31-2010, 09:55 AM
I mostly agree with what you're saying... I just don't think it is as drastic as you make it out to be. Apples vs Helicopters? nah. I guess I know the car a lot better than random people posting on here and I know it's not just going to sit in one place and spin from a dig.

Ironically Luis let me borrow his car last night so I made some videos. After reading this I wish I would have launched from a 4k dump or something because it hooks better than I thought (it was on 24" radials)

I'd love to see it on slicks at a well prepped track too, and I'd be willing to drop some cash on a bet that it would run better than 11.50. So call it ricer talk or whataver you want, I would just call it speculation or an educated guess. Watch for yourself and see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F-6_EoVWQ0

I don't know you or your car. I would love to see you make it to a track on a good tire. Curious to see the result. I have seen a lot of people get their bubbles burst at the track, including myself. Hopefully you will make it to the track and post some good results.

thundercatz1
07-31-2010, 09:59 AM
How is calling it ricer talk, being negative. If a vette and a mustang roll race, it is the same thing. I have not once said anything negative about the op's car or any others. If someone roll races they are running a ricers race. That is what it is pure and simply. It like running from a dig is neither good or bad. You choose to think that I look down on it, which I don't. I am not a fan of street racing however. If someone decides to street race I hope they at least do it when there are no other cars and innocent people around. Did not mean to get your thong in a wad. I'll just drop it since I seem to have struck a nerve.

I understand your philosophy which is dig or die, but you gotta take into consideration that not everyone thrives at the track and they set their cars up for what is most likely to happen day to day for instance street racing.... everybody is guilty of being a ricer by your standard even you because most of the men on here are competitive, so if your just cruisin in your hooked up truck and a cobra or vette rolls besides you and keepin pace until you gun it, then it happens a race/competition. Ricer is a negative term that does not apply to everyone. So at the end of the day it is all a competition and sport that we all love to do.

Z0_o6
07-31-2010, 10:53 AM
hooooooly shit this is a lot of argument over a small thing.

i race like a ricer and i'm proud of it. lol

ejohnson88
07-31-2010, 01:54 PM
anyone else notice that that was like 0-100 in 7-8 seconds O.O

Z0_o6
07-31-2010, 02:20 PM
<--- totally impressed... :lmao:

07-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F-6_EoVWQ0

:goodjob:, hey did the 240 have a 2j swap? If so do you know his setup??

07-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I understand your philosophy which is dig or die, but you gotta take into consideration that not everyone thrives at the track and they set their cars up for what is most likely to happen day to day for instance street racing.... everybody is guilty of being a ricer by your standard even you because most of the men on here are competitive, so if your just cruisin in your hooked up truck and a cobra or vette rolls besides you and keepin pace until you gun it, then it happens a race/competition. Ricer is a negative term that does not apply to everyone. So at the end of the day it is all a competition and sport that we all love to do.

x2:goodjob: