PDA

View Full Version : Integra Brake Lights always on

HMGDRFTER
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I've just noticed today during the daytime that my brake lights are always on just happend today, at night they are always on so the people behind me wont know when im braking because my lights says im already braking all the time, i can't turn them off for some reason, the only way is to take out the front fuse in my engine bay near the battery. my car is a 95 integra,

also could it be my alarm that is casuing my brake lights to stay on all the time? i know when i unlock my car my turn signals and my brake lights come on any help would be greatly appreciated.

Infamous_1
06-24-2010, 09:42 PM
what bulb u got? i had some silvania bulbs in mines and they stayed on....just go to walmart and get some Phillips bulbs

HMGDRFTER
06-24-2010, 09:49 PM
what bulb u got? i had some silvania bulbs in mines and they stayed on....just go to walmart and get some Phillips bulbs

lol are you sure it's the bulb? why would the bulb thats always on? im thinking it's something electrical thats keeping the bulb on but idk what but sure i'll try...

CodeRED-MVBC
06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
ever had that shit not to work?? like not come on?? even with good fuses bulbs????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

toxxxic
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
the plastic peice on your brake pedal switch probably broke.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6906/dscn1669hd5.jpg

the one on the left is how it should look. one on the right is what probably happened to yours. this has happened to every honda i've ever owned.

CodeRED-MVBC
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
and what about turn signals??? and runnin lights??

hondaxpurt
06-25-2010, 03:07 PM
yes miss rachel is right. the brake switch is broke. i believe i taught you that waaaay long time ago

toxxxic
06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
yes miss rachel is right. the brake switch is broke. i believe i taught you that waaaay long time ago

hahaha yes you did. when i stole yours :) LOL

Scotsman
06-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Toxic is right , them damn things die after a while

HMGDRFTER
06-25-2010, 10:32 PM
actually you guys are wrong, fxed it this morning but forgot to post, well right as in it's my brake switch but it's not broken, i fixed it with the penny trick but thanks for all the help appreciate it very much... my switch itself is not broken but my brakes don't come up high enough to hit the switch to turn it off, i simply just put a penny on the brake pedal and it's fixed now.

hondaxpurt
06-28-2010, 01:54 PM
i stand corrected!!!! lol that definitely makes sense but rach is right, that plastic piece breaks all the time on hondas, i have about 20 new ones in my toolbox, just in case

00Civic
06-28-2010, 02:19 PM
i stand corrected!!!! lol that definitely makes sense but rach is right, that plastic piece breaks all the time on hondas, i have about 20 new ones in my toolbox, just in case

now i know where to get a new one if mine ever breaks.