PDA

View Full Version : AC ?

laokid
06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I have a 92 integra and my ac is starting to get hot,
1. i was wondering if i can "TOP" it off with r34?And would i get any weird Reaction since its getting mixed??SAFE?yess/noo?
2.I'm not sure witch side is the low/high side?(and i can only find a fitting that will fit the one in front of the radiator....
please help me from getting a heat stroke lol
asap repps! thanks ia

-EnVus-
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
The blue one is the low side. Also it could fix the problem but if not then it may need to be drained first then refilled.

laokid
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
the blue one is the low side. Also it could fix the problem but if not then it may need to be drained first then refilled.

i dont think its color coded,and my caps are both black...yeah thats my second option is to get it drain and refilled

-EnVus-
06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
i dont think its color coded,and my caps are both black...yeah thats my second option is to get it drain and refilled

R134 system it should be the smaller of the 2 fittings is the Low side. Its a dangerous job also so if you never done it before its best to have a friend help or get it done professionally.

laokid
06-22-2010, 07:10 PM
thanks man!imma take a look at it now

laokid
06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
ok,the one closer too the firewall is the low side, thats the side i couldn't find a r34 adapter too mannn

-EnVus-
06-22-2010, 07:17 PM
ok,the one closer too the firewall is the low side, thats the side i couldn't find a r34 adapter too mannn

I think you will need to get one then or Advanced has a kit you can use $39....

laokid
06-22-2010, 07:39 PM
jus got a call from a buddy says the one in front of the engine is the low side ..."im stumped"

-EnVus-
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
The smaller should be the low side and google even said it should for 90-93 tegs....here is a link to a result i found
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/archive/index.php/t-42268.html

laokid
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
i dunno fudge it this is wat i found http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?53351-A-C-Question/page2
so imma jus take it to a shop even though i just attempted too do it i put the r134 through line in front of the engine got a little colder,then it was reading to much pressure so i let some out and charged it again still a little cooler i'll find out in the morning if it leaked out somewhere or something, thanks for the help man!

noridetoolow
06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
As for mixing the old freon with the new.....one of my dads buddies owns a car lot and they have been doing it for years, never had a problem. Most of the kits out there come with oils and such that seem to help in the tow different freons living together. GL...I know I gotta figure out what the problem is in my GSR, sounds just like yours.....system is full yet it only blows "kinda" cool air...SUCK on really hot days! lol

laokid
06-23-2010, 07:20 PM
As for mixing the old freon with the new.....one of my dads buddies owns a car lot and they have been doing it for years, never had a problem. Most of the kits out there come with oils and such that seem to help in the tow different freons living together. GL...I know I gotta figure out what the problem is in my GSR, sounds just like yours.....system is full yet it only blows "kinda" cool air...SUCK on really hot days! lol

yeah man exactly the same problem, hopefully draining the r12 out and filling it back with 134 will work!

-EnVus-
06-23-2010, 08:36 PM
yeah man exactly the same problem, hopefully draining the r12 out and filling it back with 134 will work!

Just remember Draining it yourself and not into the proper container is illegal

Barefoot
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
u seriously need to stop and give me a call let the pros handle this before u waste money or damage something else. no joke and not to bash but u have no clue whats going on. all that equals is more money spent and being pissed.

laokid
06-24-2010, 06:01 AM
u seriously need to stop and give me a call let the pros handle this before u waste money or damage something else. no joke and not to bash but u have no clue whats going on. all that equals is more money spent and being pissed.

yess u are right i have no clue what to do but i know whats going on, so i will give u a call Mr Barefoot

civicturbo10
06-26-2010, 11:04 PM
I had the same problem. It just started blowing warm / hot air a couple weeks ago. Changed the safety valve on the compressor. Still hot. It was pulling a vacuum so in went a expansion valve and viola A/C blows cold again. Even though it blows cold, upon watching the hi side pressure gauge it seems to get awfully high. Time to pull out the manual.......but at least it works for now.

Bacon
06-28-2010, 07:29 AM
I wasn't even sure that the two systems are even compatible. Like Barefoot said, take it somewhere. Repairing an AC system yourself could be harmful and you could actually damage something. Fortunately, my R12 system hasn't gotten hot and blows cold as ever.....when it runs. :(

schia89
06-30-2010, 12:18 AM
bring it over we can look at it. you just need to convert it from r12 to 134. just get the adapter n some freon

laokid
06-30-2010, 10:01 AM
ok thanks everybody